looks like 6.0.1 OTA rolling out

Search This thread

boomerbubba

Jul 20, 2010
I'm wondering the same thing, where is the ota for n6...yet the guy posted that scrshot claimed it's updated from official OTA...

Well, supposedly Google's normal OTA staging starts with a push to only a 1 percent sample before ramping up. Maybe that guy was in it.

But so far I am unaware of any OTA being reported in the wild and captured with a link. The factory image for MMB29K has been sitting on the developer page for several days now. Sprint even announced an OTA rollout to that build but no other carrier matched it. So far no one on any carrier has reported receiving the update.

Maybe Google discovered something wrong and is holding up the rollout.

ixon2001

Jul 15, 2010
Wigan
The OTA is rolling out for the 5X & 6P few people have now got it, looks like Google has knocked the 6 down the pecking order, lol remind me abit of Samsung here latest devices first while the rest of us with older phone's will have to wait if you don't flash the image that is.:p:p:p

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
My stock Nexus5 got the 6.0.1 ota this morning. It currently has a T-Mobile sim chip in it, but it was a Google Play purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

R

random hero

My wife got 6.0.1 OTA for her Nexus 5 yesterday ? daddy has to wait

Last edited:

LoneWolf15

Jun 25, 2012
As of last night, I hadn't seen the OTA update on my unlocked Nexus 6 (using AT&T SIM). Rather than wait, I used Wugfresh's kit to back up, unlock the bootloader, and update using the factory image (I did not root), and then restore.

Truthfully, using the toolkit makes it pretty darned easy to skip having to wait for the OTA.

Reactions: sthpaw01

sthpaw01

Sep 23, 2012
As of last night, I hadn't seen the OTA update on my unlocked Nexus 6 (using AT&T SIM). Rather than wait, I used Wugfresh's kit to back up, unlock the bootloader, and update using the factory image (I did not root), and then restore.

Truthfully, using the toolkit makes it pretty darned easy to skip having to wait for the OTA.
I'm think about doing the same thing today.

Fvolfrine

Jul 31, 2014
Oklahoma City

Has AT&T even sent out the 6.0 OTA? I am on AT&T but flashed 6.0 the day it was released. Waiting on the 6.0.1 OTA only because I recently went back to stock no root to see if I could update via OTA, but after 5 days of waiting and checking, I think I might just flash the image.

Not sure why I am being so impatient over a minor update for some emojis, doesn't really seem worth all of the anxiety.

Last edited:

GilmourD3

Dec 5, 2013
Rutherford, NJ
Has AT&T even sent out the 6.0 OTA? I am on AT&T but flashed 6.0 the day it was released. Waiting on the 6.0.1 OTA only because I recently went back to stock no root to see if I could update via OTA, but after 5 days of waiting and checking, I think I might just flash the image.

Not sure why I am being so impatient over a minor update for some emojis, doesn't really seem worth all of the anxiety.

I read somewhere that there's a bunch of minor bug fixes as well as a security update.

LoneWolf15

Jun 25, 2012

I got my N6 slightly used with 5.1.1 on it. The 6.0 update came when I didn't have a SIM installed. The November 6.0 security update came OTA when I had an ATT SIM installed. I can't say if the same thing would happen for an ATT-branded Nexus 6, as mine was originally bought from the Play store.

So does learning how to do it.

I'm sure it does. If the intention here is to tell me that I'm using a newbish method and that real people do it a certain way, etc. whatever. I have the ADB toolkit too and have explored other methods. I didn't want to erase my device to unlock the bootloader at the point I was using ADB, and it was nice to have this kit to do a reasonable backup of my settings prior since I ended up having to erase either way. I've already ADB-flashed .img files and such, and I'm not here to get into judging which way is better, only stating how I did mine.

Last edited:

swapavi

Jan 20, 2015

I read somewhere that there's a bunch of minor bug fixes as well as a security update.

Definitely some minor bug fixes in the update that you won't even realize until you come across it.. One example being able to select text on a web page and get the pop up box to copy it. On 6.0 there was about a 2 second lag until the box popped, on 6.0.1 the lag is gone.. It opens immediately

orgert

Nov 17, 2012
I ve rooted before and flashed custom roms , but now im on stock 6.0 MRA58N , with locked bootloader , im new to nexus 6 , and i was wondering if i will recive ota ?
I ve never updated with ota cuz i rooted my phone the first moment i recived it , but than i got tired of all this flashing stuff and want to be 100% stock

caloyzki

Apr 24, 2012
Tired of waiting OTA update. I rooted.my phone now and update the bootloader and my basebamd radio with the latest 6.0.1. With the custom rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Of course they would release 6.0.1 right after I finish setting up my phone from a clean install of 6.0...
    XT1103 with .32R

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Can anyone post the XT1103 USA radio. IMG

Thanks.

Here you go. Give it a few minutes to finish uploading

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lujfw9ac5lggij8/AAA0D0ExqOFXJfQMFfgOBe-ka?dl=0
    I just want the radio. I'll wait for Zeph to update Chroma for the rest. Can't get OTA anyway.
    I'm curious to know whether or not the radios in build MRA58X and MMB29K (6.0.1) are identical.

radio in MMB29K updated to radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.32+fsg-9625-02.109
    *Middle finger emoji*

Most everything working here: Emojis, root, no force encrypt, no red triangle, android pay adding cards (havent made a purchase yet though), adaway, battery %, etc. System r/w not working.

I first unpacked the new boot.img with Android Image Kitchen and modified default.prop to be ro.secure=0 ro.debuggable=1, changed fstab.shamu from forceencrypt to encryptable and removed verify=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/metadata to disable red triangle verity check. (I wasn't sure what SuperSU's new boot.img patching would do so I did that stuff manually.)

Flashed new bootloader and radio first, then TWRP 2.8.7.1 (probably irrelevant) and my modified boot.img. Then erased system, cache and userdata and flashed the new ones. Booted up and downloaded SuperSU-2.61.zip from my Google Drive, restarted into recovery and flashed it. So far so good. I'll leave my boot.img here in case someone needs it.

boot_MMB29K_insecure_encryptable.img
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B57DcrCR3fugQzk2cmRJZ3NNbUU/view?usp=sharing

Edit: System r/w isn't working properly and I'm confused. In FX file explorer I deleted googleHindiInput to test and upon reboot couldn't get past the black google screen with padlock (reflashing the stock system.img in fastboot fixed that). Trying to read up to determine what I'm missing here.

Edit2: Found info in the SuperSU BETA thread, mainly this post onwards.