Post Reply Email Thread
24th July 2015, 04:58 PM |#21  
Flag Trenton
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs down same here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511

Yeah, put in on my motorcycle mount last night for the first time. Just went down the street to get gas and didn't even ride for 15 minutes. The camera started going nuts this morning. Seems to have stopped for now, but for a few hours I couldn't open the camera without it buzzing and constantly trying to refocus. This is pretty sad. I rod with my Samsung Galaxy S3 using the same mount for a year and a half with no issue at all.

mounted mine last night on the way to see Sublime in concert. Didn't wear my glasses, so the fact that all the shots seemed out of focus, while weird, wasn't totally out of the question. But when i got home in a quiet room i heard the buzzing. Now it's toast as far as pics are concerned!

15th August 2015, 04:43 PM |#22  
Flag Portsmouth
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
My phone is vibrating in the cam app & also when the flashlight is on, I just wanted to ask if there's a way of disabling this motor completely by software means?..

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Free mobile app
14th October 2015, 01:01 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same Problem
Hey

Same problem here. Any solution at this time?
22nd December 2015, 10:04 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fares-milev

in the name of allah
first of all i 'm sorry 4 my english.
the problem is sometimes when the htc M8 falls or be on motocycle or any things which moving up & down or vibrate ......... the rear camera (4 ultra pixel)became blurry & a buzz sound appears when the camera is on .so i fix my M8 which have the same problem but unfotunetly you will have to open the M8 for fix it but it's very easy.
1-open the M8 cover (search in google)
2-remove the camera cover (very easy)
attch 1
3-put some piece of tape like in the image (red color =tape piece)
attach 2
4-finally its very important test the camera focus take some photoes
when the buzz sound disappears, the camera clear & focus work fine cover the camera & close the M8
until now my M8 camera work fine is like new
thanks

It's not clear exactly what you're doing with tape. I just see the word "tape" an arrow pointing to the camera. Can you clarify? So it's worked so far?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Is this what we're taking about? You can feel the vibration in your hand. Are we saying this only happens while mounted to a bike or that after mounting some time this becomes a permanent problem? Seems permanent so far for me. I did mount to my bicycle and ride often.

Has anyone successfully re-secured the camera after digging in there or replacing with a new camera? If so, details please. Thanks.
16th July 2016, 01:19 AM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juntjoo

It's not clear exactly what you're doing with tape. I just see the word "tape" an arrow pointing to the camera. Can you clarify? So it's worked so far?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Is this what we're taking about? You can feel the vibration in your hand. Are we saying this only happens while mounted to a bike or that after mounting some time this becomes a permanent problem? Seems permanent so far for me. I did mount to my bicycle and ride often.

Has anyone successfully re-secured the camera after digging in there or replacing with a new camera? If so, details please. Thanks.

Work for me!! I did exactly what fares-milev wrote and everything work fine now. If you look closely on picture 3 you can see a black cercle and this is what you have to stabilize with tape but be careful to dont put tape in front of the lens. The black cercle is separate of the aluminium square and the buzzing sound come from the cercle because its lousse...
If you arn't patient this is not for you! You have to deal with tiny pieces and you must have a good dexterity.
Good luck
sorry I forgot to take picture of the procedure...
The Following User Says Thank You to joe-blo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joe-blo Ad-Free
16th July 2016, 02:02 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-blo

Work for me!! I did exactly what fares-milev wrote and everything work fine now. If you look closely on picture 3 you can see a black cercle and this is what you have to stabilize with tape but be careful to dont put tape in front of the lens. The black cercle is separate of the aluminium square and the buzzing sound come from the cercle because its lousse...
If you arn't patient this is not for you! You have to deal with tiny pieces and you must have a good dexterity.
Good luck
sorry I forgot to take picture of the procedure...

Thanks. Good to know. I've had to put this project on hold for now. I started it but in the middle turned angry monkey on my phone popped a connector bracket whatever piece ruining the motherboard, so had to get a new phone so good bye for now m8 community. Tho I'll be back to revive this as a backup especially since I've got all new parts. Hot pink housing. Not my usual color choice but how do you pass up brand new shiny metallic pink HTC one m8?? Might be too hot for me but it'll be my secondary to look at phone and use as a security cam and other...

Anyway, correct. One needs PATIENCE, and good eyes or lenses and smooth moving fingers. I used to all the above but now all the above times .5. Funny thing, if you Google it you'll discover this phone has the WORST ease of dismantling/user serviceability rating.
3rd October 2016, 11:15 PM |#27  

More
Excellent
thank you very much worked for me

I put electrical tape was the one that was available

for now I work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fares-milev

in the name of allah
first of all i 'm sorry 4 my english.
the problem is sometimes when the htc M8 falls or be on motocycle or any things which moving up & down or vibrate ......... the rear camera (4 ultra pixel)became blurry & a buzz sound appears when the camera is on .so i fix my M8 which have the same problem but unfotunetly you will have to open the M8 for fix it but it's very easy.
1-open the M8 cover (search in google)
2-remove the camera cover (very easy)
attch 1
3-put some piece of tape like in the image (red color =tape piece)
attach 2
4-finally its very important test the camera focus take some photoes
when the buzz sound disappears, the camera clear & focus work fine cover the camera & close the M8
until now my M8 camera work fine is like new
thanks

10th February 2017, 10:11 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Just want to post after fixing this issue on a friends camera.
by adding tape the lens mechanism you are not fixing the issue, you are hiding it and impacting the ability to properly focus.
The real issue is even more simple to fix, and results in complete repair and full focus.

1) Open the phone
2) take off the lens cover
3) You'll notice the little lens inside has a black housing with 4 tabs around the outside of it
4) This is the screw on cam, what you hear vibrating is a result of vibrations to the phone making this cap loose!!!!
5) Carefully rotate the cap clockwise until it's tight - do not bruit force is, just go gently until it's tight
6) put phone back together you are done.

My guess is, when the phone is placed somewhere that has micro vibration, such as the pocket of a car door with the car door speaker playing, or mounting it on a motorbike, the micro vibrations slowly but surely work that lens retaining cap loose to a point where when the phone attempts to focus it cant and in moving to try and focus, the retaining cap vibrates, causing blurryness and that blurryness cascades into a non-recoverable issue.

Tightening the retaining cap on this phone I was handed today, completely fixed the issue, phone now focuses and functions normally, no noise, and its owner says it's taking pictures clearer than it has in a long time.
The Following User Says Thank You to naoneo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift naoneo Ad-Free
24th February 2017, 11:09 PM |#29  

More
I have same prblem
I have same problem in my phone HTC A9
And I have motorcycle with Handel bar also
But I'm ride less than 200mile and my phone camera buzzed
5th March 2017, 01:31 PM |#30  

More
Had the same issue with my M8. Camera started buzzing when I mounted it on my bike's handlebar.. the screw thing didn't work for me, though I managed to put some tape on the sides and it worked.

Thanks a lot for the solution. Has been 2 days and it has been working like new..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bicycle, buzz, camera, motorcycle, vibration

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)