Originally Posted by Castor-designs
Hello there. I ended up in this thread because I wanted to repartion my HTC ville with installed cyanogenmod 12 and Hboot 2.15 (S-ON). I was told, that I had to install HBOOT 2.16 in terms of being able to increase my app storage from somewhat 2 GB to something like 4 GB (using the data storage). I furthermore learnt:
- HBOOT 2.16 can only be flashed while in S-OFF mode,
- HBOOT 2.16 requires some custom cyanogenmod packages, why I landed here.
So at this point I want to say thanks to F-L-Y-E-R, because it is hilarious that people support the community by their contribution in packages and guides.
Now what I do not understand is this:
- why is this thread about CyanogenMod 11, when there is a 12 version which is more recent?
- so if I flash to HBOOT 2.16 i have to rely on this very thread for updates? That would mean if F-L-Y-E-R, for whatever reason, would quit maintining this project, I could not get any updates anymore?
- a bit offtopic: Why is this whole thing so complicated? Why does something (in my eyes) simple as repartioning an internal storage make me end up browsing through this thread with a custom cyanogenmod-package?
Thanks you very much for your support!
Hello, thank you for good words. There is nothing really complicated in terms of releasing this specific version and it doesn't require huge modification to release it. There is only one change that I need to perform in order to make CyanogenMod compatible for HBOOT 2.16 and that change is officially released by CyanogenMod maintainers, everyone can access it and check it.
Regarding the maintenance: this thread is not supported anymore by me simply because CM11 is outdated and I don't think many people use it. Also if you don't know there is exactly the same thread for CyanogenMod 12.1 (Lollipop) so if you want an up to date Android you can find it on this forum.
P.S. If there are any people still using CM11 I have no problem releasing an updated NIGHTLY thanks to the contest on XDA-Developers
where I won a dedicated server!