★ [ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC4][4.4.2] Stock Root DeOdex [06/18/14] NC2/NC4/DevEd COMPATIBLE ★ Insecure Modules/Selinux Permissive ON NC4 Bootloader!! ★

Search This thread

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
Hey Milkski, I've got some minor problems... I think I spoke too early about having no problems with radios/reception! - - It turns out, I lose calls about 2 blocks from my house which never happened to me before with my Galaxy S3, or my earlier Android phone. I do know there is a "sprint tower" down the hill a bit that has been a shared tower for Verizon over the years. Back in the earlier days, when using that tower we'd get the "extended coverage signal (whatever that was: 1xe???) I guess this is a "radio problem", huh? This is like all new to me... any suggestions??? - - Everything seemed to be going so well with my b_6, and now this! - What approaches should I be taking? Is this why some/many people went over to Kitkat? I appreciate any help you can give me!

Stray - :crying:

Is this just happening in the last day or so? And just in that one area or is it always running that way when you leave your house? You may want to give it a few days just in case something is up with Verizon. Been known to happen. Otherwise you'll need to consider switching radios. Don't recall at the moment which ones I have. I'll check tonight. At most it's a minor inconvenience. . Should be able to rectify it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk 2

straykat

Apr 16, 2015
Is this just happening in the last day or so? And just in that one area or is it always running that way when you leave your house? You may want to give it a few days just in case something is up with Verizon. Been known to happen. Otherwise you'll need to consider switching radios. Don't recall at the moment which ones I have. I'll check tonight. At most it's a minor inconvenience. . Should be able to rectify it.

Thanks for your reply! - - Although I only noticed this issue in the last few days, I believe it was probably the case for the month or so that I've had the phone. I'm definitely going to be monitoring my signal & coverage more closely. - - On the plus side, I believe it only happens within 2 blocks of my house. This has always been a somewhat marginal area only because of the shared Sprint tower. That being said, my Galaxy S3 and my prior Android phone before that never dropped calls in this 2 block range like my Note 3 is doing. - In my house, I have the Verizon Network Extender or otherwise I'd get no signal at all...lol... With that of course, I get 4 bars in the house & can text w no problems. I usually need to step outside for mms since that needs the towers. - I could get into the habit if need be to end my calls before I get to that intersection...

Btw, it seems the Note 3 is always showing LTE rather than 4G or 3G.... I guess LTE is suppose to be the same thing right? Thanks for any tips!

Last edited:

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
Thanks for your reply! - - Although I only noticed this issue in the last few days, I believe it was probably the case for the month or so that I've had the phone. I'm definitely going to be monitoring my signal & coverage more closely. - - On the plus side, I believe it only happens within 2 blocks of my house. This has always been a somewhat marginal area only because of the shared Sprint tower. That being said, my Galaxy S3 and my prior Android phone before that never dropped calls in this 2 block range like my Note 3 is doing. - In my house, I have the Verizon Network Extender or otherwise I'd get no signal at all...lol... With that of course, I get 4 bars in the house & can text w no problems. I usually need to step outside for mms since that needs the towers. - I could get into the habit if need be to end my calls before I get to that intersection...

Btw, it seems the Note 3 is always showing LTE rather than 4G or 3G.... I guess LTE is suppose to be the same thing right? Thanks for any tips!

I dealt with a similar issue to you last place I lived. Motorola and Samsung. Never owned a galaxy. May just have to accept it as part of the phone. Personally I didn't concern myself with it, since I was always driving thru as well. If it was always doing that, different story. As far as a 4g showing up, I honestly don't remember the last time I've seen that. Always been LTE for me. Even on current phone. 3g does come up from time to time. I thought I had most of the radios saved, but I don't. I think I tried many of them over a period of time but stuck with mje and deleted the others. Sorry about that.

straykat

Apr 16, 2015
I dealt with a similar issue to you last place I lived. Motorola and Samsung. Never owned a galaxy. May just have to accept it as part of the phone. Personally I didn't concern myself with it, since I was always driving thru as well. If it was always doing that, different story. As far as a 4g showing up, I honestly don't remember the last time I've seen that. Always been LTE for me. Even on current phone. 3g does come up from time to time. I thought I had most of the radios saved, but I don't. I think I tried many of them over a period of time but stuck with mje and deleted the others. Sorry about that.

I have the Verizon tech people looking into my issue. They asked me to press *832 when I hit the bad reception area. That way they know exactly where it's happening & what my phone was doing at the time... However, I don't think they'll be any help because if they ask and/or find out that I'm still on 4.3, they'll probably tell me that the problem is due to me not allowing updates... As far as I know, the problem only happens within about 2 blocks of my house.... I could live with that if I have to. - - In some of the research I've done, I could see that reception at one time was a huge issue for the Note 3's.... At some point I could flash that kitkat rom you gave me, but as I recall, people had more problems on kitkat than the did with jb. On a plus side, I get great battery life with JBs_b6.

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
Are there any working download links for the DeOdexed version?

Check 3 pages back, post 516. I still have it up.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Check 3 pages back, post 516. I still have it up. At least I'm fairly certain it's the DeOdexed version

jellyhead

Sep 3, 2010
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Check 3 pages back, post 516. I still have it up.

Thanks, downloading now. Is it necessary to flash the NC2 Kernel Package from step 8 if already on Stock NC4? The reason I'm flashing this is for DeOdexed.. The NC2 Kernel Package download link is down as well. I found a download on another site but the hash is not the same.

Last edited:

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
Thanks, downloading now. Is it necessary to flash the NC2 Kernel Package from set 8 if already on Stock NC4? The reason I'm flashing this is for DeOdexed.. The NC2 Kernel Package download link is down as well

I wish I had an answer for that, but I honestly don't have any idea. I personally never flashed any kernel package. Hopefully someone can help you out.

straykat

Apr 16, 2015
Thanks, downloading now. Is it necessary to flash the NC2 Kernel Package from set 8 if already on Stock NC4? The reason I'm flashing this is for DeOdexed.. The NC2 Kernel Package download link is down as well. I found a download on another site but the hash is not the same.
Are you on 4.4.4? Or are you on 4.4.2? In not sure, but I don't think you can go back to a prior rom if you're on 4.4.4 (unrooted). You probably know what you're doing, more so than me.

jellyhead

Sep 3, 2010
Are you on 4.4.4? Or are you on 4.4.2? In not sure, but I don't think you can go back to a prior rom if you're on 4.4.4 (unrooted). You probably know what you're doing, more so than me.

I was on 4.4.2 and I tried the KK Unified Firmware which caused a bootloop. Then I flashed an NC2 Kernel I found from a google search, still bootlooped. Then I tried an NC4 kernel I found from a google search with the same result. Finally I found a working download in the Jasmine 2.4.4 post which fixed the bootloop. It's working now.

Last edited:

straykat

Apr 16, 2015
I was on 4.4.2 and I tried the KK Unified Firmware which caused a bootloop. Then I flashed an NC2 Kernel I found from a google search, still bootlooped. Then I tried an NC4 kernel I found from a google search with the same result. Finally I found a working download in the Jasmine 2.4.4 post which fixed the bootloop. It's working now.

So, I guess you were able to root your phone after all. Congrats Jellyhead! - I hope you can get a handle on the reception issues.

jellyhead

Sep 3, 2010
So, I guess you were able to root your phone after all. Congrats Jellyhead! - I hope you can get a handle on the reception issues.

I finally found working links for the MJ7, MJE and NC4 modems so I will be trying MJE for a while. It seems about the same but time will tell. I don't think the 4.4.4 or 5.0 modems are going to be any improvements so I won't be bothering with them.

If anyone else needs these modems I added links to the firmware thread. The links in the OP were dead.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64501185&postcount=581

Reactions: straykat

straykat

Apr 16, 2015
I finally found working links for the MJ7, MJE and NC4 modems so I will be trying MJE for a while. It seems about the same but time will tell. I don't think the 4.4.4 or 5.0 modems are going to be any improvements so I won't be bothering with them.

If anyone else needs these modems I added links to the firmware thread. The links in the OP were dead.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64501185&postcount=581

Thanks jh! I downloaded mj7 & mje in case I need them in the future. - I'm about to flash Alliance B_2 so I'll have to see how my reception is with that. I'm guessing the radio included is nc4.... - If I have trouble with that and the reception, I'll have the mje to go back to. - Thanks again!

hsomnus

Jun 20, 2011
Columbus
Is anyone having problems with s pen on this? I've tried multiple tips but its not working. It does work on my note 4. Thanks

straykat

Apr 16, 2015
Is anyone having problems with s pen on this? I've tried multiple tips but its not working. It does work on my note 4. Thanks

I don't really use the S pen, but I just checked and mine is working fine. - For me, the only time I found I'd use it would be for the "screen-write" function, which would be seldom... wish I could find some other great use for it....

Anyway, you might check on the thread which was the original thread for the Alliance 2.... here's a link that should get you there: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2787627&page=1280

Perhaps you've already searched there. There were some guys in that thread that mentioned pen issues at about page 1280 - 1300. For some reason I'm unable to perform the normal search within the xda thread, so I can't give you a precise reference.... Not sure why... maybe their server is having problems or maybe I need to re-boot my PC... Anyway, hopefully you find some useful info there. Good luck!

hsomnus

Jun 20, 2011
Columbus
I don't really use the S pen, but I just checked and mine is working fine. - For me, the only time I found I'd use it would be for the "screen-write" function, which would be seldom... wish I could find some other great use for it....

Anyway, you might check on the thread which was the original thread for the Alliance 2.... here's a link that should get you there: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2787627&page=1280

Perhaps you've already searched there. There were some guys in that thread that mentioned pen issues at about page 1280 - 1300. For some reason I'm unable to perform the normal search within the xda thread, so I can't give you a precise reference.... Not sure why... maybe their server is having problems or maybe I need to re-boot my PC... Anyway, hopefully you find some useful info there. Good luck!

Thank you very much, it's weird, I'm having the same issue with searching within the app. I tried several times with no success so I just decided to ask.

en11gma

Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20+ / S20 Ultra
im on stock nc4 ota but am rooted with towelroot.
isnt there a nc4 kernel with permissive selinux yet?
been over a year since nc2 permissive was released

i never used safestrap before
i had several note 3's (us cellular and a tmobile) and never had to use safestrap
is there a good video on the note 3 to show what it does actually?
i mean does it "CREATE" a new (partition) or something?
what does safestrap actually do?

droidzer1

Oct 28, 2013
im on stock nc4 ota but am rooted with towelroot.
isnt there a nc4 kernel with permissive selinux yet?
been over a year since nc2 permissive was released

i never used safestrap before
i had several note 3's (us cellular and a tmobile) and never had to use safestrap
is there a good video on the note 3 to show what it does actually?
i mean does it "CREATE" a new (partition) or something?
what does safestrap actually do?

Because of the VZ bootloader you can't just install a standard TWRP recovery. TWRP is the best thing going for complete backups although some prefer Philz touch. Because of the da*n VZ bootloader user Hashcode created a very special setup for the Verizon phones which uses a special version of TWRP. I know your ? is old so you probably already figured this out but just jumped on here as I found an incredible deal on a VZ Galaxy Note 3 in brand new shape and went through this thread to upgrade it from JB 4.3 to KK 4.4.2 and got it all done and SS 3.75 installed. Thanks to all who contributed here. It was a bit difficult finding some of the downloads - would help others in a like scenario if the OP has current correct links but they are mostly to be found from user milski65 around p. 53 IIRC so not too much trouble.

jellyhead

Sep 3, 2010
Because of the VZ bootloader you can't just install a standard TWRP recovery. TWRP is the best thing going for complete backups although some prefer Philz touch. Because of the da*n VZ bootloader user Hashcode created a very special setup for the Verizon phones which uses a special version of TWRP. I know your ? is old so you probably already figured this out but just jumped on here as I found an incredible deal on a VZ Galaxy Note 3 in brand new shape and went through this thread to upgrade it from JB 4.3 to KK 4.4.2 and got it all done and SS 3.75 installed. Thanks to all who contributed here. It was a bit difficult finding some of the downloads - would help others in a like scenario if the OP has current correct links but they are mostly to be found from user milski65 around p. 53 IIRC so not too much trouble.

Bootloader has been unlocked. You can now install TWRP recovery. I have 2 Note 3s with TWRP, one is on 5.0 and the other is on this ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★ [ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC4][4.4.2] Stock Root DeOdex [06/18/14] NC2/NC4/DevEd COMPATIBLE ★ Insecure Modules/Selinux Permissive ON NC4 Bootloader!! ★

This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest KitKat 4.4.2 N900VVRUCNC4

Requirements: This Build is Compatible With NC2 Bootloader & NC4 Bootloader Both Bootloaders Get the Benefits of Selinux Permissive and Insecure Kernel Modules!!!!!!!

Just figured a Full Deodexed Untouched Base Was Deserved Since im back, and Suprises Like Happening to ME!

Features:
    Rooted
    BusyBox
    Zipaligned
    Deodexed
    Init.d support
    Removed Knox Apks
    tether provisioning hack
    sdcard read/write fix
    verizon updater removed

De-Odex Rom Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549038

md5: b0dcaeaac88f9783c793c47de4200d47

Firmware Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549058

md5: bfe51b4e58871c6bd5873295c6c73721

NC2 Kernel Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549122

md5:89da64e51b88b68d492e10d1a22c1be2

Disclaimer: DO NOT FLASH FIRMWARE ON DEV EDITION YOU WILL LOCK YOUR DEVICE!!!

Thanks to:
    ChainFire - for superSU
    Hashcode - For Safestrap For Retail Note 3's
    SexTape - For the Leaked NC2 Goodness!!
    Surge1223 - for starting the deodex base
    BajaSur - for getting me back going on n3!!
    hsbadr - For Being Brave with the nc4 firmware ;) and giving u guys some NC4 Love First!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    ★ [ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC4][4.4.2] Stock Root DeOdex [06/18/14] NC2/NC4/DevEd COMPATIBLE ★ Insecure Modules/Selinux Permissive ON NC4 Bootloader!! ★, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    BeansTown106

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-19

Created 2014-06-19
    Last Updated 2014-06-19
    Retail Instructions

Coming From NC2/MJE

Step- 1 - Make sure you are on any rooted rom running safestrap

Step- 2 - Boot into Safestrap Select Stock Slot

Step- 3 - Wipe Data Factory Reset The Stock Slot

Step- 4 - Flash nc4 deodex rom to the stock slot

Step- 5 - Reboot into Download mode From Safestrap

Step- 6 - Flash NC2/NC4 Updated! Firmware/Bootloader Package Here

Step- 7 - You will Boot into a Stock Deodex rom with Root, Busybox, Init.d, Selinux Permissive, Insecure Modules!!

Step- 8 - Install new safestrap and wait for roms :) Here

Coming From Stock NC4 OTA

Step- 1 - Root Device with TowelRoot Here

Step- 2 - Install Busybox from play store and install busybox itself

Step- 3 - Install Hashcodes Latest Safestrap Here

Step- 4 - Boot into Safestrap Select Stock Slot

Step- 5 - Wipe Data Factory Reset The Stock Slot

Step- 6 - Flash nc4 deodex rom to the stock slot

Step- 7 - Reboot into Download mode From Safestrap

Step- 8 - Flash NC2 Kernel Package Here

Step- 9 - You will Boot into a Stock Deodex rom with Root, Busybox, Init.d, Selinux Permissive, Insecure Modules!!

Developer Edition Instructions

Step- 1 - Flash Rom

Step- 2 - Flash Hash's Stock Based Kernel Here

Step- 3 - Do NOT FLASH VERIZON FIRMWARE PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!!
    Video Tutorials/Instructions
    Well got a solution for nc4 users!!! odin the nc2 kernel after flashing rom and all is well :) creditz to @jross12385 for testing for me :)

even better part of this is with the nc2 kernel that means insecure modules / selinux permissive are now open to people with the nc2 and nc4 bootloader! and safestrap will work again with no edits #Winning!!!!!!

WE GOT VERY LUCKY THIS TIME!! now listen to me when i say DO NOT TAKE ANOTHER UPDATE AFTER NC4!!!

giphy.gif

#Confused on why they didnt blacklist this kernel o_O they blacklisted kernels on the note2 so i know they can.. is this verizon pity'ing us a little bit? hmm

Well who cares it works!!!

Uploading Kernel Now!!!
    Welcome back @BaensTown106:) We've missed you here ;)

I hope you'll start a thread for kexec soon & I'd be glad to work with a smart dev like you :highfive: