Post Reply Email Thread
24th December 2015, 06:44 PM |#3121  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
im gonna try this app , how is it guys?
25th December 2015, 07:30 AM |#3122  
Thanks Meter: 456

More
I got an S5 from someone that I would like to use as simply a camera.. With Snap Camera..

What would be the best settings?

Everything that I set seems to just slow down the speed of the camera or its ability to focus and actually take a clear picture..

Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mystique For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mystique Ad-Free
27th December 2015, 10:25 PM |#3123  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 5,055

Donate to Me
More
I've just put a new beta release on the play store and in the first post here. The biggest change is that there's now an optional mode dial that appears bottom right on the screen. This lets you have multiple configurations and easily switch to raw and manual as well as some useful scene modes. This is what the modes do:

P1,P2 and P3 are fully programmable and keep their settings when you close the app. P1 should be your existing settings (although a few now apply to every mode and will be reset to their defaults).
RAW, M and HDR are also individually programmable but will always enable the selected mode.
A (Auto) uses the default settings and you can change them but they will be reset when you switch mode or exit the app with the back button (but not if you switch briefly to a different app with the home or recent apps buttons).
The scene modes are the same as A but enable the selected scene mode.

The dial is usable when small but you can also tap on the centre to make it larger. Tap again to make it small. Long press to bring up an arc menu bottom right.

This is still a bit experimental and you can disable it if you don't like it.
Recent Samsung phones don't have any scene modes, they will still appear on the dial but only the focus mode will change.
Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks and Happy Xmas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-27-15-58-52.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	3590623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-27-15-58-57.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	3590624  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dzo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2015, 08:10 AM |#3124  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
With the last update I can't get the brightness, contrast and sharpness buttons off the main screen now with the on screen settings, even though they are checked off

Also, unrelated but why is the panorama jpeg save quality so low?
28th December 2015, 09:18 AM |#3125  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 6,334

Donate to Me
More
This is what I get if I select a mode using the new selector dial:

The only way I can return my screen back to normal is to either select P1, or to turn the device screen off and on again with the power button.

I'm using a Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 on a CM12.1 based ROM
28th December 2015, 11:11 AM |#3126  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerpaul

This is similar to the distortion I reported earlier in another post. It happens every time I use Snap Camera and with all versions.
28th December 2015, 05:58 PM |#3127  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thank you!
28th December 2015, 07:16 PM |#3128  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 5,055

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerpaul

The only way I can return my screen back to normal is to either select P1, or to turn the device screen off and on again with the power button.

I'm using a Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 on a CM12.1 based ROM

Does it do this if you start in a mode other than p1 or is it just when switching with the dial?
28th December 2015, 07:26 PM |#3129  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 6,334

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

Does it do this if you start in a mode other than p1 or is it just when switching with the dial?

Just with the dial it seems. For example, if hdr is off and I select hdr from the dial then I get that screen. If I select hdr using the touch screen menus then it's ok. Selecting P1 from the dial always seems to return the corrupt screen back to normal, or quickly switching the screen off and back on again with the power button.

If snap opens into one of the other modes then the screen is ok, but if I switch to any mode other than p1 with the dial then the screen goes wrong again, including if I subsequently reselect the mode it opened with

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
29th December 2015, 09:08 AM |#3130  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I have some problems with saving in the sd card. I'm using a sony z5 premium (came from note 4 where I first used this app)

If I save it to the root directory of my sd card, it works fine but I don't want my pictures in the root folder. Selecting the DCIM folder, it says no SD card and if I choose the root folder and checked the append DCIM/Camera, it crashes and in my file explorer, the folder was created and no picture was saved.

Ideally, I want to save it in the DCIM folder of the SD card. Any ideas?
29th December 2015, 03:43 PM |#3131  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 877

More
Does the dial work without Camera2 API? Because my phone doesn't have support for Camera2 API, but I saw some settings like "night mode" that weren't available to me before.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)