Help Please Please with my bricked Alcatel Ot 5020 (Evolve)

Search This thread

carlitox2301

Feb 8, 2014
This is my first time asking for help directly here, I always find the answers in the other threads solved, but this time I can not find an answer.
I have a alcatel one touch 5020t evolve its a MTK6575 (t-mobile but is used in el salvador), I used to MTKDroidTools to install CWM Revocovery, I did back up with the same program but apparently did not because i look and i cant find anything in the back up folder, only left some files called:

ALCATEL-ONE-TOUCH-5020T_130818__boot_patched_140129-175612.img

ALCATEL-ONE-TOUCH-5020T_130818__recovery_140129-175612.img

in the folder called recovery.

Now the phone on, the startup screen and then turns off, I can enter a menu by pressing on + vol +, where it says enter recovery mode or normal mode, before they tried to install cwm I could go in and delete everything from there, now I get the menu of recovery mode and normal mode but since does not enter recovery mode, got it turns off, like when entering the normal mode.

I tried to flash with sp flash tool but I get an authentication error that is on the img
The pc recognizes my phone, makes the sound when you connect something, now if we go to Device Manager, a device called first appears:

MTK USB Port

After that is disconnected and then a new one appears called :

Media Tek Preloader USB VCOM Port

But there ir a problem, then this becomes a repetitive one disconnects and connects the other, but only when I connect the phone without battery only stays in:

MTK USB Port.

Help what can i do to revive my phone ???????????????

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 6,477
Reactions: deadmeat184

ipeedalil

Oct 30, 2009
So were you able to flash cwm to the device? there are several threads requesting a custom recovery for this device and either way could you upload those first two .img files I may be able to use them to try to recover my device

*** Okay so the problem is that the boot loader on this device is locked and for the time being a custom recovery is not possible. I still have access to the recovery on my device so if I could find a way to build an update file from the source code or an official firmware update I could fix mine. Yours may be too far gone. sorry.

Last edited:

El_Dark

Dec 13, 2012
Santiago
*** Okay so the problem is that the boot loader on this device is locked and for the time being a custom recovery is not possible.

A friendly warning: Don't just mess around with the Bootloader, that's one delicate piece of software, try to find how to unlock it first, then we can talk of changing the recovery. For rooting purposes I can attest that you can safely root it using the OneClickRoot solutions around the net. I used some chinese root and it worked like a charm.

Last edited:

Phoenix888

Sep 11, 2014
Soft Bricked 5020T

This is my first time asking for help directly here, I always find the answers in the other threads solved, but this time I can not find an answer.
I have a alcatel one touch 5020t evolve its a MTK6575 (t-mobile but is used in el salvador), I used to MTKDroidTools to install CWM Revocovery, I did back up with the same program but apparently did not because i look and i cant find anything in the back up folder, only left some files called:

Now the phone on, the startup screen and then turns off, I can enter a menu by pressing on + vol +, where it says enter recovery mode or normal mode, before they tried to install cwm I could go in and delete everything from there, now I get the menu of recovery mode and normal mode but since does not enter recovery mode, got it turns off, like when entering the normal mode.

I tried to flash with sp flash tool but I get an authentication error that is on the img
The pc recognizes my phone, makes the sound when you connect something, now if we go to Device Manager, a device called first appears:

MTK USB Port

But there ir a problem, then this becomes a repetitive one disconnects and connects the other, but only when I connect the phone without battery only stays in:

MTK USB Port.

I have had a OT-5020T with all the same symptoms as you describe. After much research and diagnosis here is what I have learned and know to be true.
You have soft bricked your phone. For this phone it results in the boot loop you described. At present a Custom Recovery that works is not available for this phone and any attempt to flash an existing one results in a soft brick. There are apps that will flash a Custom Recovery while the phone is one but once you reboot ... !!! Bricked!! This is because ...

a) the memory mapping for this phone is different that other OT-5020 models, so the Custom Recovery placement and indexing is wrong when flashed, causing the boot-loop, and inability for Custom Recovery to load,
and ,
b) the bootloader is locked for the 5020T (different story for other OT 5020 models), and no one has found a way around it yet. Trying to flash back stock firmware for the OT-5020T requires it to be unlocked.

One Touch Update 2.8.0 doesn't seem to want to work one the phone has been altered in this way. SPtools won't work because you need an accurate OT-5020T scatter file (memory map) ,and certification file (bootloader unlocker) to flash any image. In addition to all this the phone doesn't maintain a steady usb connection long enough to allow use of android tools adb and fastboot commands although it does can stay connected in a different mode.

What I have used to restore my phones firmware is a package from Furious Gold that allows the phone to be flashed to factory firmware. I have used it successfully, so I can confirm that the phone wasn't a permanent brick.

blisstarget

Feb 26, 2018
please am in need of alcatel 5020w firmware, please if someone is having it or having that same phone and want to read the firmware for me my email is blisstarget@gmail.com
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MTK USB Port

MTK USB Port.