10th January 2015, 03:24 AM |#91  
Flag St George, UT
Thanks Meter: 1,203

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccxxx

Just a short summary:

The latest vcs snapshot of AOKP's 4.2 doesn't compile anymore - AOKP doesn't bother fixing or updating it anymore because it's obsolete.

It should be possible to make 4.4 work on tegra2 devices like the streak 7. From what I heard from giveen the only problem is that the kernel does not compile with the newer gcc from the Android 4.4 SDK.

I have little experience with c and linux kernel development, but fixing a few errors between gcc versions - how hard can it be? I may actually look into this when I have a lot of free time. Because the Streak 7 is still here on my table not doing much right now.

Actually... I have googled and here is a quote: "galaxy tab 10.1 which is a tegra 2 device running AOSP Lollipop". I wonder: Can Android 5 work on it?

I really hope that you do look into it and share your results. If it is possible to create a build that is finally stable for the Streak7, it would be awesome! What we have just isn't usable on any sort of realistic level... Painfully slow at times. And I do believe the kernel is the true issue. I was trying to get help a few months back to implant some modules into the existing kernel to get things such as lastkmsg.... So that another Dev could help in making their performance mod be compatible with your build. Unfortunately, we could not get the kernel to compile correctly so that the Streak would boot.

Kk and/or lollipop would be a hugeeee step up in the way the system would perform

1st January 2016, 06:56 PM |#92  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Gapps
Does anyone happen to have a copy of the non-neon Gapps in 1st post? Goo.im is down, so i cannot download. would love to get my old DS7 back up and running even if only semi-functional.

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)