983 posts
Thanks Meter: 299

By wizardknight, Senior Member on 16th December 2012, 12:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th October 2013, 07:48 AM |#91  
Viborg
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Brilliant Just ran this on my RHOD100. No problems.
Tried first on my Mac with Parallels (WIn7) but I could not get past the unlocking. So, used my ordinary pc with same windows version and it work first time.

THANKS for taking the time to make this explanation
25th February 2014, 04:28 PM |#92  
Flag Miami

More
99% of the way there
Hello everyone,
Hope some of you are around and can help me with this. I need a GSM phone for a european trip coming up, and decided to undust my HTC TP2 (RHOD2100). Now, I am able to do every single step in the guide, I am able to install the rom, the gApps, but then at restart, minipooploader comes up with the following errors:

Flash_read_image: success (1 errors)
Flash_read_image: failed (0 errors)
ERROR: Cannot read RAMDISK image
ERROR: Could not do normal boot, reverting to fastboot mode

After this it is stuck there until i connect back to the computer and force it to reboot into recovery through ADB

Anyone have any input? thank you in advance
26th February 2014, 11:25 PM |#93  

More
hi i have a problem with instaling android on a rhod 100
11. Install the USB/fastboot driver for the phone. On Win 7 the phone showed initially as android device under other folder in the device manager. After the driver is installed it should be called My HTC.
i did this step and first it worked
i did this
12. Open the ADB Tools zip file, and put the platform-tools folder on c:\
its is in c:\(root c)
13. Open a command prompt - i did
and go to c:\platform-tools\. i trid to copi ths line did now work i trid to change directory with cd:\ it did not work want next plz help im stuck and my phone its not working animore sorry for my english its not my main language)

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulic21

11. Install the USB/fastboot driver for the phone. On Win 7 the phone showed initially as android device under other folder in the device manager. After the driver is installed it should be called My HTC.
i did this step and first it worked
i did this
its is in c:\(root c)
13. Open a command prompt - i did
and go to c:\platform-tools\. i trid to copi ths line did now work i trid to change directory with cd:\ it did not work want next plz help im stuck and my phone its not working animore sorry for my english its not my main language)

i solvd it but now i can not go past loging in to my google acount
6th April 2014, 10:26 PM |#94  
Flag Istanbul

More
Video
Can anyone send me a video to test speed. Because, i think my phone is extremely slow. So, i can decide that if i made something wrong while installing
30th May 2014, 09:22 PM |#95  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight

10. Connect the usb cable between the phone and the PC, and turn the phone on. The PC should see the device, and may or may not assign drivers to it.

13. Open a command prompt and go to c:\platform-tools\.
Once there type:

Code:
fastboot devices
You should get a response similar to this:
C:\platform-tools>fastboot devices
HT04TM300704 fastboot

If this is not working stop now and troubleshoot.

Stupidly I tried to ignore all the comments about how USB3.0 ports (on a Windows 8 computer) were causing troubles, and I tried for ages (ok fine, for about 3hrs after midnight) trying to find drivers that worked on my new laptop for HTC, trying to download the Android SDK Manager to get the proper Google USB Driver (which included Eclipse), I tried downloading a new USB Driver, re-flashing the RHODIMG.NBH, etc. but nothing worked.

So, where I got was the blue screen telling me that the header image files weren't valid, and that it was going to use fastboot.

This is what it's supposed to do, I believe, as it waits patiently for one to connect the USB cable to the computer-phone, and follow through with step 13.

However, when I plugged in the USB cable, in my (I'm using W8) device manager I wasn't able to get the right driver to communicate with the phone (this is where I tried everything). It kept showing me that dreaded yellow exclamation triangle identifying it wasn't working properly. When I woke up this morning, I realized that I was being stupid, and should just use an older computer to do this on.

Once I plugged the phone into the older computer (windows 7 w/ USB 2.0 ports), it recognized the device right away without me even having to update the driver, and step 13 worked without a blip.

Thank you so much for this tutorial, it worked seamlessly and I'm now configuring my new Android phone! (ie. learning it's new quirks).

*happy dance*
31st May 2014, 03:28 AM |#96  
OP Senior Member
Seattle WA
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldworld

Stupidly I tried to ignore all the comments about how USB3.0 ports (on a Windows 8 computer) were causing troubles, and I tried for ages (ok fine, for about 3hrs after midnight) trying to find drivers that worked on my new laptop for HTC, trying to download the Android SDK Manager to get the proper Google USB Driver (which included Eclipse), I tried downloading a new USB Driver, re-flashing the RHODIMG.NBH, etc. but nothing worked.

So, where I got was the blue screen telling me that the header image files weren't valid, and that it was going to use fastboot.

This is what it's supposed to do, I believe, as it waits patiently for one to connect the USB cable to the computer-phone, and follow through with step 13.

However, when I plugged in the USB cable, in my (I'm using W8) device manager I wasn't able to get the right driver to communicate with the phone (this is where I tried everything). It kept showing me that dreaded yellow exclamation triangle identifying it wasn't working properly. When I woke up this morning, I realized that I was being stupid, and should just use an older computer to do this on.

Once I plugged the phone into the older computer (windows 7 w/ USB 2.0 ports), it recognized the device right away without me even having to update the driver, and step 13 worked without a blip.

Thank you so much for this tutorial, it worked seamlessly and I'm now configuring my new Android phone! (ie. learning it's new quirks).

*happy dance*

Glad to hear it helped. I added a do not use usb 3.0 message to the first post. Maybe it will help others more now.
The Following User Says Thank You to wizardknight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wizardknight Ad-Free
20th July 2014, 09:09 AM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
is it possible to change lcd density with any rom?
20th January 2015, 11:35 PM |#98  
Flag Aizkraukle

More
linux user
Good day Devs ....
got a question.

what to do on this tutorial if im using linux ..

.. im stuck on step 11
8th January 2016, 12:11 AM |#99  

More
Ignore below, I figured it out.

Hi,

I'm installing on a Rhod100 using windows 7.

I get to step 16, it works fine, but then nothing happens. The next step that says install the ROM doesn't come up. The screen remains blank.

My PC picks the phone up in device manager under disk drives as HTC XDA Android Phon USB Device.

When I redo the steps, when I get to step 13, I type in fast boot devices and nothing happens, it just goes to a new line.

I'd appreciate any assistance with how to proceed from here.

Thanks
10th January 2016, 07:44 AM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Resurecting my old TP2 Tmous
Hi XDA people,

I am trying to resurect my old TP2 Rhod210 TMOUS USA

I would like to get android up and running.

I have read the NEW guide several times and also the OLD guide.

The issue I am having is at STEP 6: When the TRI-COLOR screen comes on it then flashes the white screen for only a second while trying to install the RHODIMG.NBH file. I had to try this several times in order to see what is says on the white screen.
It says "Loading image

No image found"

I have formatted the 4GB sd to fat32 using the HP tool I got direct from hp "FULL FORMAT"

I have downloaded the RHODIMG.NBH file from this thread and also tried the file from the old Instructions wiki.

Both files read 185kb file size.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on. Is there something I missed or are these files wrong/corrupt?

Thanks for any feedback.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)