Does 9505 Roms work on S4 Value Edition? (9515)

Search This thread

pepijnd1

Dec 14, 2014
And so 1 year later and counting, no one has ported anything to I9515? So far in my years of experience with Android I keep being let down by the lack of support for any device I purchase. I got the Note 3 LTE version - there is no cyanogen for it. I got S4 Value edition due to slightly better performance and availability on the market - no one is porting anything for it. CM works without the touch. ROOT + TWRP Touch -> work okay. I cant get anything else though. XPOSED is the 1 thing that I want and in order to get it ..... from what I encountered today after 6 hours of deep research is the following: Uhm....build your own OS and you should be good to go.....

I give up on all this.
There has been cm 12.1 for a while now. http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/113430-romunofficialstablecm121-galaxy-s4-ve-gt-i9515/ there is also a build for 13.1

Sent from my GT-I9515 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nallatheryth

NextFire

Sep 27, 2014
And so 1 year later and counting, no one has ported anything to I9515? So far in my years of experience with Android I keep being let down by the lack of support for any device I purchase. I got the Note 3 LTE version - there is no cyanogen for it. I got S4 Value edition due to slightly better performance and availability on the market - no one is porting anything for it. CM works without the touch. ROOT + TWRP Touch -> work okay. I cant get anything else though. XPOSED is the 1 thing that I want and in order to get it ..... from what I encountered today after 6 hours of deep research is the following: Uhm....build your own OS and you should be good to go.....

I give up on all this.

There is CM12.1: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4/i9505-develop/rom-cm12-1-galaxy-s4-ve-gt-i9515-t3172140 (I use this rom and I love it :))
CM13 is under development ;): http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4/general/rom-cm13-0-galaxy-s4-ve-gt-i9515-t3245133
SlimLP 5.1.1: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4/i9505-develop/rom-5-11-galaxy-s4-ve-gt-i9515-t3184385
and SlimMM 6.0 is also under development.
Slim mm6.0 also in progress ;)

Xposed works: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

So I don't know what did you do for 6 hours... :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: nallatheryth

maxed4901

Aug 11, 2013
Male'
www.blogger.com
I am using cm12.1 on my s4 VE. Stable too.. Installed SlimLP5.1.1 and also works like a charm but i prefer to stay on Cm because I like the theme engine. SLIM doesn't have. I am thinking of porting sokp 5.1.1 also.. Based on AOSP 5.1 r18..no promises though

Reactions: alexspfc2004

MEHANDRE

Jan 10, 2016
Wont cm have a problem if my phone is made united Arab Emirates

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Does errting work with slimp5.1.1 (wifi) (Bluetooth ) etc??*

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Where can i download stock rom for gti9515 s4??* united Arab Emirates

brenovalle

Jan 3, 2011
LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy S4 GT-9515L

Hi guys, i'm planning to buy an Galaxy S4 Value Edition Model 9515L (L from Latin, probably southamerican-friendly frequencies) (The only difference i guess is the back cover and it comes with 4.4) and i want to know if i can install S4 9505 ROMS on it, is there any problem? Plus, is there also a root for it?

I am running LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) on my Galaxy S4 GT-9515 and it is working properly.
I found some instructions here at XDA forum and took my chances...
Using TWRP 3.1.1
The phone is running smooth and fast.
The only problem is that some times the SIM Card seems to be lost and I need to restart the device about three times to get working properly again.
Regards and good luck

EverLost123

Aug 11, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
I am running LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) on my Galaxy S4 GT-9515 and it is working properly.
Using TWRP 3.1.1
The only problem is that some times the SIM Card seems to be lost and I need to restart the device about three times to get working properly again.
Regards and good luck

Bro, i made this post in 2014, have you been in coma? lol

Iammoiz

Dec 9, 2020
LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy S4 GT-9515L

Using TWRP 3.1.1
Regards and good luck

I am totally new and a noob in these things bro anyone can help i just need some answers???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Status update...
    Googymax kernel base
    Cyanogenmod adreno drivers (tearing fixed)
    Touch works
    Ext sdcard works
    Wifi driver won't init
    BT driver inside but uninitialized through cm init scripts
    Guys, i have good and bad news:p
    Good news is that i enabled wifi :D
    Bad news is that now i need to figure out how exactly i did it - i tried few things at the same time but i'm not sure which one of them worked :eek:
    i hope to investigate it tomorrow.
    heres the latest phil2sat kernel build for cm11.

based on googymax repo
    fixed no logcat issue
    fixed some battery related stuft
    changed googymax stock adreno driver to latest cm11 driver
    internal and external sdcard are working
    AS so far no sound issues. only in energy save with Viper audio
    cortex-a15 optimized. lzma compressed
    Bluetooth driver in kernel is working but i get smd3 not accessible error. In Stockrom with stock init BT works in this kernel

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-KtPJYilrArV3IzN05RUkpkNmM/edit?usp=docslist_api

development in progress...
    Hey, people, computer developer here.
    I want to invest some time into porting CM11 for this phone and have a phone to test builds on.
    Where is git repo with patchset for CM11 support and an issue tracker?
    If nobody is working on a reasonable lightweight Google™-free then... Let's do that?
    Basically, for CM11 to work on this device we need three things —

• Fix WLAN
    • Fix external sd
    • Fix GPS

To make those work we have two possibilities — find other distributions of CM11 that have drivers for one or more things that don't work and integrate those into current master; reverse the **** out of the official ROM (btw, is there a trusted official ROM that's not hosted on some b/s shady website?) and backport that stuff to CM11.

So let's co-ordinate our work in an issue tracker and push this thing! :)
    No one has abandoned anything... at the moment the main developer is phil2sat but he's without a broadband connection, I've contacted him by e-mail and he hopes to get back in february. When he gets back I hope to be able to help him out developing the kernel together with VinBenzin810.

At the moment we just have to wait.