Galaxy S4 Battery Issue : Check Your Serial Number Here

Search This thread

tikay00

Jun 24, 2012
Order a RAV pow3r battery from amazon. 2800 maH instead of 2600, and just good of quality as the official one. I actually like it better. Phone doesn't over heat as much with it in.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
Just bought a new S4 battery from amazon (3rd party seller but fulfilled by amazon) . It only came in a plastic bag but it feels and looks OEM, and functions as it should..

24299533621_1d6acbed4c_b.jpg

24299533641_7d60f722db_b.jpg

23753826284_8ac7918668_b.jpg

joseyathome

May 18, 2016
Samsung s4 battery swelling

I am having the same problem with my battery swelling in the center but the S/N number starts with YS1D.

Does anyone know who I could contact to get a replacement battery?

Thanks

:(

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Bump to this old thread. I'm ecstatic that Samsung is taking the Note 7 recall as a huge financial loss. I remember when I contacted them last year about my swelling S4 battery they couldn't care less. I feel much happier now.

pete101

Feb 21, 2014
My samsung s4 battery has swollen a bit too but i dont know when it did this. It starts with serial AA. It is been used for nearly 2 years though so is this normal?

Im starting to think the issue is the phone overheating causing the battery to swell. Yes the BD serial number batteries swelled more quickly than the other ones so really the fault lies in itself with the phone. Thr s4 has always heated up way too quick so if transferred to any battery will heat up also.

Samsungs replacement battery fix is a cop out. The phones themselves are faulty, overheating.

Im unsure whether i can get this battery replaced as it doesn't match the serial number and is 4 years old by manufacturing date. Do all s4 batteries eventually swell?

moodlion

Jul 15, 2017
My samsung s4 battery has swollen a bit too but i dont know when it did this. It starts with serial AA. It is been used for nearly 2 years though so is this normal?

Im starting to think the issue is the phone overheating causing the battery to swell. Yes the BD serial number batteries swelled more quickly than the other ones so really the fault lies in itself with the phone. Thr s4 has always heated up way too quick so if transferred to any battery will heat up also.

Samsungs replacement battery fix is a cop out. The phones themselves are faulty, overheating.

Im unsure whether i can get this battery replaced as it doesn't match the serial number and is 4 years old by manufacturing date. Do all s4 batteries eventually swell?

Samsungs battery warranty period is 6 months so you are out of luck. I recommend you buy a new one, preferably from anker as others I tested were not very good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

as you know some of the Galaxy S4's batteries are defective (batteries are swelling), especially in Europe. Samsung acknowledged the problem and offers free replacement.

Here's something from Samsung (not official yet though AFAIK) :

You can check the Serial Number of your battery. If the S/N starts with BD1D and the date is in the range of 401 - 529 (1st april - 29th may), it's probably a defective battery.

Any battery with S/N between BD1D401XX and BD1D529XX needs replacement.

Hope this will help some of you.
    I called T-mobile and complained. They sent a replacement this week at no cost. I jst have to pay shipping+tax ($8)

So you had to pay half the price of a battery anyways. What a rip-off! Free means FREE aka paying NOTHING!
    I have two phones. :highfive:
    Samsung Service (Greece) replaced my battery today.

Maybe, this topic should become sticky.
    BD1D605 series

My S4 reboots and gets into a bootloop @70% power. Only connecting it to poweradapter solves this loop.
    My battery is BD1D605 and is definitely swollen the last couple of days.
    Called Samsung and they would replace the battery in 8 days. After telling them that it's my business phone, they expedited the call and the new battery will arrive in 2 days.
    Excellent!

The phone was bought in the Netherlands at a Belcompany shop.