FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

★ [ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC4][4.4.2] Stock Root DeOdex [06/18/14] NC2/NC4/DevEd COMPATIBLE ★ Insecure Modules/Selinux Permissive ON NC4 Bootloader!! ★

3,693 posts
Thanks Meter: 54,536

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from BeansTown106: Insecure Modules / Selinux Permissive FTW
27th December 2015, 03:08 AM |#551  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyhead

I was on 4.4.2 and I tried the KK Unified Firmware which caused a bootloop. Then I flashed an NC2 Kernel I found from a google search, still bootlooped. Then I tried an NC4 kernel I found from a google search with the same result. Finally I found a working download in the Jasmine 2.4.4 post which fixed the bootloop. It's working now.

So, I guess you were able to root your phone after all. Congrats Jellyhead! - I hope you can get a handle on the reception issues.

27th December 2015, 05:26 AM |#552  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by straykat

So, I guess you were able to root your phone after all. Congrats Jellyhead! - I hope you can get a handle on the reception issues.

I finally found working links for the MJ7, MJE and NC4 modems so I will be trying MJE for a while. It seems about the same but time will tell. I don't think the 4.4.4 or 5.0 modems are going to be any improvements so I won't be bothering with them.

If anyone else needs these modems I added links to the firmware thread. The links in the OP were dead.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=581
The Following User Says Thank You to jellyhead For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jellyhead Ad-Free
29th December 2015, 08:13 PM |#553  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyhead

I finally found working links for the MJ7, MJE and NC4 modems so I will be trying MJE for a while. It seems about the same but time will tell. I don't think the 4.4.4 or 5.0 modems are going to be any improvements so I won't be bothering with them.

If anyone else needs these modems I added links to the firmware thread. The links in the OP were dead.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=581

Thanks jh! I downloaded mj7 & mje in case I need them in the future. - I'm about to flash Alliance B_2 so I'll have to see how my reception is with that. I'm guessing the radio included is nc4.... - If I have trouble with that and the reception, I'll have the mje to go back to. - Thanks again!
16th January 2016, 04:01 AM |#554  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 118

Donate to Me
More
Is anyone having problems with s pen on this? I've tried multiple tips but its not working. It does work on my note 4. Thanks
16th January 2016, 05:00 AM |#555  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsomnus

Is anyone having problems with s pen on this? I've tried multiple tips but its not working. It does work on my note 4. Thanks

I don't really use the S pen, but I just checked and mine is working fine. - For me, the only time I found I'd use it would be for the "screen-write" function, which would be seldom... wish I could find some other great use for it....

Anyway, you might check on the thread which was the original thread for the Alliance 2.... here's a link that should get you there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7627&page=1280

Perhaps you've already searched there. There were some guys in that thread that mentioned pen issues at about page 1280 - 1300. For some reason I'm unable to perform the normal search within the xda thread, so I can't give you a precise reference.... Not sure why... maybe their server is having problems or maybe I need to re-boot my PC... Anyway, hopefully you find some useful info there. Good luck!
16th January 2016, 02:55 PM |#556  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 118

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by straykat

I don't really use the S pen, but I just checked and mine is working fine. - For me, the only time I found I'd use it would be for the "screen-write" function, which would be seldom... wish I could find some other great use for it....

Anyway, you might check on the thread which was the original thread for the Alliance 2.... here's a link that should get you there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7627&page=1280

Perhaps you've already searched there. There were some guys in that thread that mentioned pen issues at about page 1280 - 1300. For some reason I'm unable to perform the normal search within the xda thread, so I can't give you a precise reference.... Not sure why... maybe their server is having problems or maybe I need to re-boot my PC... Anyway, hopefully you find some useful info there. Good luck!

Thank you very much, it's weird, I'm having the same issue with searching within the app. I tried several times with no success so I just decided to ask.
18th January 2016, 01:35 PM |#557  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
im on stock nc4 ota but am rooted with towelroot.
isnt there a nc4 kernel with permissive selinux yet?
been over a year since nc2 permissive was released

i never used safestrap before
i had several note 3's (us cellular and a tmobile) and never had to use safestrap
is there a good video on the note 3 to show what it does actually?
i mean does it "CREATE" a new (partition) or something?
what does safestrap actually do?
25th May 2016, 11:52 PM |#558  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by en11gma

im on stock nc4 ota but am rooted with towelroot.
isnt there a nc4 kernel with permissive selinux yet?
been over a year since nc2 permissive was released

i never used safestrap before
i had several note 3's (us cellular and a tmobile) and never had to use safestrap
is there a good video on the note 3 to show what it does actually?
i mean does it "CREATE" a new (partition) or something?
what does safestrap actually do?

Because of the VZ bootloader you can't just install a standard TWRP recovery. TWRP is the best thing going for complete backups although some prefer Philz touch. Because of the da*n VZ bootloader user Hashcode created a very special setup for the Verizon phones which uses a special version of TWRP. I know your ? is old so you probably already figured this out but just jumped on here as I found an incredible deal on a VZ Galaxy Note 3 in brand new shape and went through this thread to upgrade it from JB 4.3 to KK 4.4.2 and got it all done and SS 3.75 installed. Thanks to all who contributed here. It was a bit difficult finding some of the downloads - would help others in a like scenario if the OP has current correct links but they are mostly to be found from user milski65 around p. 53 IIRC so not too much trouble.
26th May 2016, 04:50 AM |#559  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidzer1

Because of the VZ bootloader you can't just install a standard TWRP recovery. TWRP is the best thing going for complete backups although some prefer Philz touch. Because of the da*n VZ bootloader user Hashcode created a very special setup for the Verizon phones which uses a special version of TWRP. I know your ? is old so you probably already figured this out but just jumped on here as I found an incredible deal on a VZ Galaxy Note 3 in brand new shape and went through this thread to upgrade it from JB 4.3 to KK 4.4.2 and got it all done and SS 3.75 installed. Thanks to all who contributed here. It was a bit difficult finding some of the downloads - would help others in a like scenario if the OP has current correct links but they are mostly to be found from user milski65 around p. 53 IIRC so not too much trouble.

Bootloader has been unlocked. You can now install TWRP recovery. I have 2 Note 3s with TWRP, one is on 5.0 and the other is on this ROM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)