[GUIDE][GB upgrade][softbrick recovery]The "one click" method

Search This thread

Bassmanjames

Jun 3, 2011
San clemente ca
i never heard if router one click. I'll find it and dl it tomorrow, i do know that the adb portion of the Samsung drivers failed on my device possibly the csc too. I'll have to try and reinstall again and awe where it hangs up.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
Router = your
Lol Swype-o
Post edited for clarity

sigiloso

Jan 10, 2008
To think I had to get back to Odin and Heimdall after all this years... LOL.....
I had to revive this old phone to use it for workout. Soft bricked it with Odin, manage to get it to download mode again, and brought it back to live with Stock_KJ6_and_root-One-Click.jar
Thank you for this guide. It was after a day of headache a good way to finish my day.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction: It has come to my attention that many of us windows users are still using odin for upgrading to Ginger bread and recovering from soft bricks. I have found the heimdall one click method is easier to use and more stable for flashing your phone from a computer. I am trying to make this guide as noob proof and simple as possible. Given how simple the one click method is it should not be hard (although if you are new to this device it can prove to be difficult if you don't read and understand everything).

Please be sure to format your sd card if this is the first time you are flashing ginger bread. If you have problems converting to ext4 using one of the rooted one clicks it is suggested you create a 2048 partition in cwm.

The first five steps are to help get heimdall and everything needed to use it installed on your windows computer. If you already have heimdall you can skip to steps 6&7.

Please read everything in this guide before proceeding and be sure to read everything else mentioned in this guide. proceed slowly if this is your first time. I recommend a print out, double check everything, and cross off each step as you go. Slow and methodical = smooth = fast and efficient with perfect results. Remember the best way to gain knowledge and learn to do almost anything is to READ.

If you have used the one click method and have any suggestions for this guide please feel free to comment.

Disclaimer: You are flashing your device at your own risk. No one but you can be held responsible if you make a mistake. Some one click packages contain bootloaders and flashing incorrect bootloaders may hard brick your device. Never flash a one click package that is not clearly labeled for your device by model number.

Warning: if you are on a Mac running osx 10.5 or higher there is a problem with the re partition function in heimdall. since you must flash boot loaders these packaged are designed to re partition automatically. It is recommend you use a windows or Linux parallel to flash.

On to the guide:

1: first you will need to download and unzip the lastest heimdall front end. This package can be found at http://www.glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/
    Please read and understand everything that this website has to offer about the program before use.

2: after you have unziped the heimdall front end package open the containing folder and click on the "Read Me" text file. This file contains troubleshooting tips, driver installation, installation procedures, and instructions for flashing other heimdall supported files to your device. Oh yeah and they don't call it Read Me for nothing :)

3: you will also need to download and install the package labeled "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributables" and get java 1.6 do I have Java?. Simply download and run (double click) the executable files.

4: Once you have downloaded and unziped heimdall front end, installed java 1.6, and installed the C++ packages you will need to install your device drivers (this process is also explained in the read me file you should have read).
    A: Place your device into download mode and plug it into your computer. How to get into download mode
    B: Open the unziped heimdall folder then open the the "drivers" folder and run (double click) the "zadig" application
    C: Click the "options" menu and make sure "list all devices" is checked.
    D: from the drop down menu choose "Samsung USB composite device"
    E: Click the "install drivers" button and let it do its thing.
    Note: if you have trouble installing drivers try again. If "Samsung USB composite device" is not an option unplug your device re run zadig and take note of what options have disappeared.

5: Now it is time for you to choose your one click package. If you would like help choosing the package that is right for you please feel free to ask.The threads I am linking to are only for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G device from T-Mobile, Model# SGH-T959V. If this is not your device do not flash the one click packages I am linking to. If this is your device these are the ONLY one click packages available. Again, never flash a firmware package not clearly labeled with the exact same model number as the device you are flashing to.
    Choose and download the one click package of your choice. Remember to read the OP of each thread before making your decision. If you have a question feel free to ask here.
    A: kj6 one click collection
    This thread contains three one click packages to choose from. All are from the official Galaxy S 4G Ginger Bread Upgrade to 2.3.6 or KJ6. Read the OP to choose the one that is right for you.
    B: kf1 one click package
    This was the first one click package we obtained for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G. It was from a leaked version of gingerbread 2.3.3 or KF1. I, and Most, do not recommend you use it because the boot loaders change the button mapping for recovery and download modes (this can cause problems trying to revert) ;but, I would like to give credit to the creator of the one click packager and will include his thread and work as such.

6: Now that you have installed heimdall and chosen a one click package its time to flash. Close your heimdall folders and forget about them for now. put your device in download mode and connect it to your computer :) How to get into download mode
    A: Run (double click) your "oneclick.jar" package. Yes, they are supposed to be executable files (be patient it may take a minute to load)
    B: Read the "package information" section and ensure you are flashing a one click package designed specifically for your device by model number.
    C: do nothing else except click "flash"
    D: wait for device to reboot
    E: If you are upgrading to GB from froyo do not close your "oneclick.jar". You will need to repeat step 6 a second time with the "flash bootloaders" box checked. Please also ensure you have read the disclaimer.

7: At this point your device will be in one of these three states
    A: rebooted and running as factory
    B: in the stock Samsung 3E blue recovery in which case you should use the volume buttons to navigate to reboot device and use the power button to select reboot device
    C: In a CWM recovery where you should use the volume buttons to navigate to reboot device and use the power button to select reboot device.

That's It! Happy flashing!

Credits
    Benjamin Dobell - Creator of heimdall
    Adam Outler - creator of the one click packaging system
    Bhundven - For assembling the kj6 update packages for the t959v
    Fbis251 - wiki links and general support
    I did as suggested and it worked! Thank you! Another problem though, when I try to get into CWM I get the rainbow. I used quick boot which led me to a rainbow screen. Vol up+down and power results in a hang at the initial galaxy S screen.

See step 6.E. Flash a second time with "flash boot loaders" box checked

odin vs. heimdall comparison

Most of us here are used to Odin and can make it work; however, it is an unstable, proprietary, windows only, unsupported program. It often will not recognize your device or you get a better experience with v 1.7 or v 1.85 or maybe it is just picky with your computer or device. I had both the above mentioned versions installed on my desktop in case I had problems with one or the other. This, to me, is totally unacceptable. Now we have heimdall and I encourage you to make the switch. It is an ongoing project that is cross platform, supported, and open source. This means it is based on the same fundamentals as Android proving any developer the opportunity to help make it better, faster, or more user friendly. Take the one click project for example: now, with heimdall installed on your system, you can simply execute a pre programmed flash and your done with your device flashed as the developer intended. I admit it is a few clicks not just one but, it hasn't given me any problems, it tells me exactly what it's doing in a language I understand, and it is super easy. So at least give it a shot, bet you will like it :)
    Hi there,

I don't see the Samsung USB Composite Device in the drop down box when running Zadig. What I have is below:

Samsung_Android
    CDC Abstract Control Model (ACM)
    Android UMS
    S3C6410 Android ADB

Driver failed to install for Samsung_Android. Should I try any of the other options?

Thanks for helping a bricked noob out!

R

Was your phone in download mode?
    Unplug your device and re run zadig. Take note if any options disappear. If so re plug your device and try it. If not report back.