FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][NDC][STOCK][4.4.2][KITKAT][ROOTED][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile

2,851 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,951

By jdsingle76, Senior Member on 7th June 2014, 05:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th January 2016, 02:21 AM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Modem file not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstanford2

Thanks for the reply. Well the flash gods must be watching over me because I am working on the mk5 4.3 that was out there. I did do a lot of reading (two days worth) and nothing I read covered tri-band and I was already in a pickle with not being able to boot all the way to the desktop. That's what I get for not asking first when I couldn't find any info on this model phone before trying to upgrade it. Wiping cash, data, system, dalvik, and internal did not work unless I need to restore first then wipe all that stuff. I do at least have an external sdcard installed though so I am good there. Samsung does have the version 4.3 for this phone but Samsung Smart Switch will not let me update since it sees that I am already on 4.3. It working so I guess I will leave it alone.

Well I was able to find the stock ROM to bring this phone back to stock using Odin. I am going to leave it alone since I now have a Note 4 to play with. Thanks for all you help everyone.

7th March 2017, 07:01 PM |#162  
Flag DeWitt
Thanks Meter: 787

More
ok - running Wicked Barebones on my VM S3 - I want to take it back to latest stock build so i can give the phone to my daughter - can you throw me a link to what id need to flash please - thank you !!
8th March 2017, 06:27 PM |#163  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 899

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by remotehugger

ok - running Wicked Barebones on my VM S3 - I want to take it back to latest stock build so i can give the phone to my daughter - can you throw me a link to what id need to flash please - thank you !!

If you're already on NDC, or nj2 baseband, you can just wipe and then flash this ROM. Or if you don't need root, and want pure stock, just Odin flash the NDC .tar from here
The Following User Says Thank You to madbat99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madbat99 Ad-Free
10th March 2017, 03:09 PM |#164  
Flag DeWitt

More
could I just flash this rom, do what I need to while I have root, then use something like root switch to turn root off ? my daughter really liked likes to play Pokemon Go -

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk 2
12th March 2017, 11:17 PM |#165  
Flag New Orleans

More
Quote:

could I just flash this rom, do what I need to while I have root, then use something like root switch to turn root off ? my daughter really liked likes to play Pokemon Go -

Not sure how thorough Niantic made the root check in Pokemon go. You can try. But a Odin flash of the stock .tar is a better bet. If you don't have a pc with odin, flashfire app by chainfire may work.
The Following User Says Thank You to madbat99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madbat99 Ad-Free
19th March 2017, 03:20 PM |#166  
Flag DeWitt

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbat99

If you're already on NDC, or nj2 baseband, you can just wipe and then flash this ROM. Or if you don't need root, and want pure stock, just Odin flash the NDC .tar from here

I didn't see a United States varaiant in that list - do you know which one is use ? sorry for being a pain - I have the Virgin Mobile S3 variant - L710 -

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk 2
19th March 2017, 06:38 PM |#167  
Flag New Orleans

More
Quote:

I didn't see a United States varaiant in that list - do you know which one is use ? sorry for being a pain - I have the Virgin Mobile S3 variant - L710 -

Just click "download link" in the first post in the thread. Its the only one there. NDC .tar is for virgin mobile and boost.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, boost, kit kat, ndc deodex, virgin mobile

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)