FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

want to be an Android Developer. Begin where?

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dizzmedoi, Junior Member on 6th May 2014, 10:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th June 2014, 10:28 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Difficult
it's so difficult

5th June 2014, 01:03 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I can't consider myself an expert, but from my experience from learning programming (android or anything else), i'm learning by doing.
First i learn the basic of course, then try to make some simple apps or games, then asking question on a forum like this when facing problem I can't solve myself.

From what I know, there's no easy way (or fast way) of learning programming.
If you only want to make an android app or game a fast way, then i suggest using game maker or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to kadua For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kadua Ad-Free
27th January 2016, 04:25 AM |#13  

More
Does anyone know where I can get a tutorial on how to start building up an android "game" app? I found a few but I am unsure if they're outdated and I'd rather start with something thats up to date. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
30th January 2016, 07:02 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Check out this link. I have made a collection of good tutorials that I found on the Internet. For the game app check these links:
learnopengles
OpenGL ES Guide
OpenGL ES Training
22nd December 2016, 06:34 AM |#15  

More
Don't start with examples. If you already know java, read android fundamentals else starts with java and then android fundamentals.
Below is the link It has all the fundamental concepts and components explained nicely.
https://developer.android.com/guide/...damentals.html

There are several site like tuturialspoint, http://www.zoftino.com/, vogella etc. which provide tutorials, examples and sample code.

Spend time and understand those concepts so that you'll have solid base to go ahead with examples, coding and building apps which perform better and provide best user experience.
28th December 2016, 02:11 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
As others have pointed out, it greatly depends on whether you have already "met" another programming language (C#, C++, ...) or not. Going from C++/C# to Java is incredible easy and you perhaps don't need to study Java a lot, you can jump on Android straight away. (Google's developer pages are excellent start).

However, if you don't know anything, I'd recommend to familiarise with Java first, on your PC. Because learning two things (programming in Java + Android ecosystem) is much harder. Not impossible, just harder.

So as soon as you get your basic loops, ifs, classes working, you can take a look at Android examples (so you can actually read them).
18th January 2017, 12:25 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
want to be an Android Developer. Begin where?
How to start developing an Android app?

Step 1: Download Android Studio. To program in most languages, you need a piece of software called an IDE or 'Integrated Development Environment'. ...
Step 2: Setting Up Android Studio. ...
Step 3: Starting a New Project. ...
Step 4: Making an Actual Thing. ...
Step 5: How to Get Better At App Development.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)