FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,646 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,101
 
By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2016, 02:04 PM |#511  
ashyx's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,512
 
Donate to Me
More
Just wanna say thanks to @osm0sis. I have used some of your tools and they have helped make building projects that bit easier. Saves having to do some of the tedious stuff manually.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free
 
 
31st January 2016, 09:59 PM |#512  
Senior Member
Flag Gelnica
Thanks Meter: 345
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

My script already does that on Lollipop, but as I said, there are further issues/changes in Marshmallow that I'm not sure can be resolved.



Okay well the first thing it needs is a working sed, awk, and unzip, which Marshmallow doesn't provide. Flash my busybox zip then make another symlink from /su/xbin/busybox to /su/bin/sed to override the broken /system/bin/sed. Then give the script another shot in /su/su.d/.

I did everything, what you wrote and I can't see if any app was integrated.

EDIT: Play store and camera was definitely integrated, but apps like YouTube and maps definitely not.

Here is log, I don't know if it helps you, but here is. 😆

Quote:

## GApps Auto-Integration Script Log

Sun Jan 31 22:52:58 CET 2016
/data/app/com.android.vending-1 /system/priv-app/Phonesky (80430500 > 80420700)
/data/app/com.google.android.GoogleCamera-1 /system/app/GoogleCamera (31021140 > 30039140)
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.authenticator2-1
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.books-1
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.docs-1 /system/app/Drive (54742340 > 53270545)
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.docs-1
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets-1
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.slides-1
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.fitness-1
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.gcs-1 /system/priv-app/GCS (56 > 54)
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget-1
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.inbox-1
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.maps-1 /system/app/Maps (919100020 > 913012024)
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.messaging-1 /system/app/PrebuiltBugle (16043130 > 14533138)
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.photos-1 /system/app/Photos (133708 > 72908)
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.plus-1
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.translate-1
/data/app/com.google.android.dialer-1 /system/priv-app/GoogleDialer (20312 > 20210)
/data/app/com.google.android.gms-1
/data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1 /system/priv-app/Velvet (300571362 > 300515542)
/data/app/com.google.android.inputmethod.latin-1 /system/app/LatinImeGoogle (23154 > 23104)
/data/app/com.google.android.keep-1
/data/app/com.google.android.launcher-1 /system/app/GoogleHome (103001 > 102000)
/data/app/com.google.android.play.games-1
/data/app/com.google.android.tts-1
/data/app/com.google.android.youtube-1 /system/app/YouTube (108959640 > 107560144)
---

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
31st January 2016, 10:04 PM |#513  
osm0sis's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,101
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domicq

I did everything, what you wrote and I can't see if any app was integrated.

EDIT: Play store and camera was definitely integrated, but apps like YouTube and maps definitely not.

Here is log, I don't know if it helps you, but here is.

If you check the instructions you (likely) need to reboot several times to integrate a large number of apps (on Lollipop+). Can you do that then upload the entire log for, say, 3 or 4 reboots to pastebin.com? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2016, 10:30 PM |#514  
Senior Member
Flag Gelnica
Thanks Meter: 345
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

If you check the instructions you (likely) need to reboot several times to integrate a large number of apps (on Lollipop+). Can you do that then upload the entire log for, say, 3 or 4 reboots to pastebin.com? Thanks.

2nd reboot - integrated some apps (log was smaller) and apps like Maps and Photos won't be able to launch, it asks for uninstalling and again installing (but like systemapp they can't be uninstalled) , Play Services was updating from Play Store
3rd reboot - integrating another apps (log was again smaller) same problem with Maps and Photos
4th reboot - systemUI crash
5th reboot - still SystemUI crash
The Following User Says Thank You to domicq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift domicq Ad-Free
1st February 2016, 01:21 AM |#515  
osm0sis's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,101
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domicq

2nd reboot - integrated some apps (log was smaller) and apps like Maps and Photos won't be able to launch, it asks for uninstalling and again installing (but like systemapp they can't be uninstalled) , Play Services was updating from Play Store
3rd reboot - integrating another apps (log was again smaller) same problem with Maps and Photos
4th reboot - systemUI crash
5th reboot - still SystemUI crash

Please upload the combined log like I asked?

Unfortunately, it sounds like those permissions issues I was talking about breaking the apps. Marshmallow is probably out of the question for now unless that can be worked around. I know the Open GApps guys are working on it currently so I'll wait on their lead.
1st February 2016, 09:07 AM |#516  
bkkzak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montana
Thanks Meter: 121
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

New addition to the OP.

Busybox 1.24.1 Installer:

As a byproduct of building my own static busybox compiles in all supported Android architectures for my latest AIK-mobile v2.0 package I figured I might as well offer them up separately as well since there aren't any providers making Android x64 builds, at least not for all of them when I went hunting (to try and save myself some time). The installer detects what architecture (ARM/ARM64, x86/x86_64, MIPS/MIPS64) your device uses and installs the correct busybox binary to /system/xbin accordingly; it detects and supports "systemless" root installation as well, installing to /su/(x)bin instead. It then cleans up any symlinks from a possible previous installation at that location and cleverly generates new symlinks directly from the output of the installed binary, so they always match.

My busybox configs and patches are available here: https://github.com/osm0sis/android-busybox-ndk

ARM has the most applets available, followed by x86 and MIPS. The x64 builds, due to being from the API 21 NDK, had some things fixed without requiring patches that were previously broken, but also introduced a few code errors requiring me to disable a couple applets that work for the other architectures. I've got a patch submitted to the official busybox mailinglist to resolve some API 21 compatibility too, so that will probably be added in a future version to save people time and make it easier for more providers. Anyway, hopefully I got all the applets most people want working.


Still testing an update to GApps Integrator which should resolve a number of issues (like the one in the post above), speed up/reduce optimization boots, and add lib removal+zipalign support for Lollipop and below, but it's coming along; maybe later today or tomorrow.

I just want to note that I tried this on a fresh on my ZenPad S 8 (was clean installing the newest factory image, ZenUI 5.0.1, then flashed SuperSU, then your BusyBox installer) and TitaniumBackup wouldn't work so I checked the BusyBox version and it said 1.16.1. I saw online that 1.24.1 is the most current, so I used another popular BusyBox installer from the Play Store and TiBU reported that 1.24.1 was now installed.

Just wanted to let you know, because in the recovery install script it said x86 detected, and in this quoted post you said that 1.24.1 is the version that would be installed. Not sure if you knew, this was happening.
1st February 2016, 03:45 PM |#517  
osm0sis's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,101
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkzak

I just want to note that I tried this on a fresh on my ZenPad S 8 (was clean installing the newest factory image, ZenUI 5.0.1, then flashed SuperSU, then your BusyBox installer) and TitaniumBackup wouldn't work so I checked the BusyBox version and it said 1.16.1. I saw online that 1.24.1 is the most current, so I used another popular BusyBox installer from the Play Store and TiBU reported that 1.24.1 was now installed.

Just wanted to let you know, because in the recovery install script it said x86 detected, and in this quoted post you said that 1.24.1 is the version that would be installed. Not sure if you knew, this was happening.

That doesn't really explain anything unfortunately. TiBU always packages its own busybox which is way back at 1.16.1, so it not working also has nothing to do with my busybox. Is your device x86? System or systemless root? It's sounding to me like everything worked fine, you just didn't know how to check for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2016, 04:07 PM |#518  
bkkzak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montana
Thanks Meter: 121
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

That doesn't really explain anything unfortunately. TiBU always packages its own busybox which is way back at 1.16.1, so it not working also has nothing to do with my busybox. Is your device x86? System it systemless root? It's sounding to me like everything worked fine, you just didn't know how to check for it.

Thanks for your reply!

Sorry I should have clarified - because my tablet is x86, I read on the TiBU knowledge base that I have to select "force system busybox" in TiBU. I want to say that when I checked thru TiBU it said BusyBox: 1.16.1 (from system) but not entirely sure. I am 100% that I had already checked "force system busybox" though.

And it is system install SuperSU (ya I had problems with TiBU and systemless on my 6P).
1st February 2016, 05:42 PM |#519  
osm0sis's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,101
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkzak

Thanks for your reply!

Sorry I should have clarified - because my tablet is x86, I read on the TiBU knowledge base that I have to select "force system busybox" in TiBU. I want to say that when I checked thru TiBU it said BusyBox: 1.16.1 (from system) but not entirely sure. I am 100% that I had already checked "force system busybox" though.

And it is system install SuperSU (ya I had problems with TiBU and systemless on my 6P).

TiBU was still showing its internal version, because it's definitely still 1.16.1 for them. When you switched back from systemless root, did you delete /data/su.img? That would definitely fool my installer into believing that you were still systemless and keep it from installing correctly to system. The correct way to test an installation is to open a command prompt and type busybox, and since you didn't do that, I'm still thinking it might have worked just fine.
2nd February 2016, 07:20 AM |#520  
bkkzak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montana
Thanks Meter: 121
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

TiBU was still showing its internal version, because it's definitely still 1.16.1 for them. When you switched back from systemless root, did you delete /data/su.img? That would definitely fool my installer into believing that you were still systemless and keep it from installing correctly to system. The correct way to test an installation is to open a command prompt and type busybox, and since you didn't do that, I'm still thinking it might have worked just fine.

Yep TiBU must have been showing it's internal version; that's just so weird because I did this on my ZenPad: full wipe (system/data/cache's), flash newest factory image, flash SuperSU 2.67 (installed as system), flash your BusyBox installer. Then booted up and installed TiBU, forced system busybox, noticed it wasn't functioning properly, checked and saw old BB version, rebooted, same version. I then installed another BB from Play Store, saw the updated version in TiBU, had a different kind of error, had to mess around with backup location and it finally worked.

In hindsight, I'm guessing that anything past 2.52 is unstable in system install; because I wasn't getting prompts to grant SU privileges (were very delayed or didn't appear at all), I later ended up flashing your unSU then SuperSU 2.52 and was gravy from there forward. Thanks for working with me on this, I think I was just getting a little anxious because I had a busy day of school ahead. Glad all is well on my ZenPad now
4th February 2016, 05:33 PM |#521  
osm0sis's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,101
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Looks like 2016 will hold a lot of script breakage and rewrites:
https://plus.google.com/+OpengappsOrg/posts/FJ2v1kNxzHV

I'm already noticing some weirdness with sed not working at all like it should on my N7 2013.

PSA: While we wait for Android N to resolve the broken toybox sed, etc. messing up su.d script execution, there is a workaround for systemless root once you have busybox installed to /su/xbin:
Code:
su -c "ln -s /su/xbin/busybox /su/bin/sed"
That can be repeated for any other commands we find to be acting oddly in the meantime. You may need to remount /su rw first depending on your setup.


I have also uploaded a fix for adb+fastboot Installer to the OP. I found that the HOME=/sdcard override on the adb command line wasn't necessarily working, so I added it into the wrapper script as an export command instead.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes