FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Stop flashing until usb problem is fixed...

129 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By millen, Senior Member on 19th May 2010, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2010, 04:54 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Could this be most of the issue happened to be with people with .80 bootloader??
 
 
19th May 2010, 04:56 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuailan

Could this be most of the issue happened to be with people with .80 bootloader??

This problem has nothing to do with the 0.80 bootloader. It's all to do with APPS2SD, that was discovered weeks ago on MoDaCo.
19th May 2010, 05:09 PM |#13  
rolfd's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Norn Irn
Thanks Meter: 439
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc27

This problem has nothing to do with the 0.80 bootloader. It's all to do with APPS2SD, that was discovered weeks ago on MoDaCo.

There are people on modaco who have bricked their phones, and were not using A2SD.

I managed to brick mine by knocking it during the flashing process. I did not use A2SD.
19th May 2010, 05:22 PM |#14  
MasDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by socktug

I managed to brick mine by knocking it during the flashing process. I did not use A2SD.

I think DocRambone is onto something here... he stated a few posts back that he thinks it may be down to the sensitivity of the connection/cable while the phone is in recovery mode during flash, and you mentioned that you bricked your phone while knocking it while flashing in recovery?

From my experience, whenever I attempted to flash Desire cutoms ROMs, I did not move the USB cable at all and it worked fine. Had the phone placed on the desk and kept it stationary while flashing. I have not had any problems with Apps2SD or USB driver issues either.
19th May 2010, 05:28 PM |#15  
rolfd's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Norn Irn
Thanks Meter: 439
 
More
I did mine from the laptop and the phone on the sette beside me. lol. I initially thought I'd knocked it and the battery came out, but I'm fairly sure now that the battery wasn't the problem, it fits too tight to come out with a simple knock of the hand.

Anyway, all I can say is if you brick it, and can unroot it, and bought it at the carphonewarehouse, you will be fine! They took it back and gave me a new one, no questions asked. I'm not going near a root process untill there is a fix now
19th May 2010, 06:11 PM |#16  
JeckyllHavok's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Afaik there are two possible solutions for the issue

1. someone needs to security unlock the spl, so that we are able to use all fastboot commands
2. In the modaco thread someone found some helpfull kernel commands


so, if anyone either is experienced in spl modifications or capable of programming c for the kernel commands, pleade send me a pm
19th May 2010, 06:20 PM |#17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by millen

I don't mean do break up the good mood in this thread. But if you have a problem/issue with this, please follow the thread on MoDaCo - any kind of input is welcome in this debate

BTW: If any moderator reads this: Can we make this sticky until problem is solved?

I have read the last few pages of the MoDaCo thread but still I am not clear about the issue.

Is it there are some unknown factors causing the root process to brick the USB? But still you can flash stock RUU in fastboot?
19th May 2010, 06:30 PM |#18  
JeckyllHavok's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
you can flash back to stock cause fastboot is still working and so you can flash the signed stock roms (thoose with release keys or the testrom with testkeys) but due to the fact that adb is nomore working you can't enter the custom recovery to flash cooked roms
19th May 2010, 06:57 PM |#19  
JeckyllHavok's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by millen

I don't mean do break up the good mood in this thread. But if you have a problem/issue with this, please follow the thread on MoDaCo - any kind of input is welcome in this debate

BTW: If any moderator reads this: Can we make this sticky until problem is solved?

Just send a message to one of the mods, he sure will make that post sticky
--edit---
man, theese guys are fast, now it's sticky
19th May 2010, 10:01 PM |#20  
Member
St. Helier
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Smile Easy and apparently safer method of rooting?
Not sure if anyone's seen this on modaco but using the tiny core linux has worked well for me, with 3 flashes from a stock HTC ROM and currently running eViL De-SiRe after trying paul's initial boot then the Cyanogen Port.
May flash again tonight with the Kernel release the ROMs will get better and better.
19th May 2010, 10:10 PM |#21  
deeren's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vaud
Thanks Meter: 309
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDiemsNuts

Not sure if anyone's seen this on modaco but using the tiny core linux has worked well for me, with 3 flashes from a stock HTC ROM and currently running eViL De-SiRe after trying paul's initial boot then the Cyanogen Port.
May flash again tonight with the Kernel release the ROMs will get better and better.

i don't think that only 3 flashes would make a conclusion .i bricked mine after 30 + flashes. the root method whether r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 bla bla doesnt really matter i guess. cause the method of 'root' is the same. what is changing in these methods are the tools needed whether mac os, windows, linux.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes