8th February 2016, 09:01 PM |#82  
OP Senior Member
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 8,680

Donate to Me
More
Updated to TWRP 3.0.0-0.

WARNING

The new version takes 20-25 minutes to flash a gapps package. It does work correctly, but it is very slow.
If you aren't that patient, then stick with version 2.8.7.0 for now.
- issue has been fixed in 3.0.0-1
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr8nole Ad-Free
11th February 2016, 06:15 PM |#83  
OP Senior Member
Lynchburg, VA

Donate to Me
More
Ok, good news!!!!

TWRP 3.0.0-1 is now available and the slow flashing issue has been fixed!!!!

Had to build in android 5.1 sources, but everything now works quickly, as it should. (yes, you can still flash Marshmallow based roms)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr8nole Ad-Free
12th February 2016, 01:46 AM |#84  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole

Ok, good news!!!!

TWRP 3.0.0-1 is now available and the slow flashing issue has been fixed!!!!

Had to build in android 5.1 sources, but everything now works quickly, as it should. (yes, you can still flash Marshmallow based roms)

So, is this your primary recovery now?

Sent from my SM-T311 using Tapatalk
12th February 2016, 02:04 AM |#85  
OP Senior Member
Lynchburg, VA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibbi786

So, is this your primary recovery now?

Sent from my SM-T311 using Tapatalk

Yes... it's the only one that is still being developed.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr8nole Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 02:12 PM |#86  
Flag Kuching
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:

Yes... it's the only one that is still being developed.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I'm using the rom currently on my SM-T315. Everything seems to be smooth sailing haven't notice any problem yet. Thanks for the work.
15th March 2016, 05:39 PM |#87  
Flag Flint, MI
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
I loaded up Philz recovery and used the flashable .zip file, rebooted back into recovery, TWRP 3.0.0-1 loaded up perfectly. Thank you again gr8nole for everything you are doing and sharing for this device!!
The only issue I had since is that NoleKat will not flash anymore (error 7 if I remember correctly), but I was able to flash Bliss and CM13 just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rawb0Ss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rawb0Ss Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 05:45 PM |#88  
OP Senior Member
Lynchburg, VA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawb0Ss

I loaded up Philz recovery and used the flashable .zip file, rebooted back into recovery, TWRP 3.0.0-1 loaded up perfectly. Thank you again gr8nole for everything you are doing and sharing for this device!!
The only issue I had since is that NoleKat will not flash anymore (error 7 if I remember correctly), but I was able to flash Bliss and CM13 just fine.

I'll look into why that error occurred. Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: @Rawb0Ss did you format system before trying to flash NoleKat? If you do, then TWRP can't seem to mount system again for the flash. If you have TWRP reformat the system partition (ext4), it will flash NoleKat fine. Also, there is no reason to wipe system before installing Nolekat, as the updater-script will format system during install.
The Following User Says Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr8nole Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 08:30 PM |#89  
Flag Flint, MI
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'll look into why that error occurred. Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: @Rawb0Ss did you format system before trying to flash NoleKat? If you do, then TWRP can't seem to mount system again for the flash. If you have TWRP reformat the system partition (ext4), it will flash NoleKat fine. Also, there is no reason to wipe system before installing Nolekat, as the updater-script will format system during install.

Yes, I did format the system and everything else before flashing NoleKat while using TWRP. I forgot that the updater-script formats during install anyway, but I still did it out of safe habit, on top of playing around with Bliss and CM13 roms. When I reformat the system it auto sets ext4. I tried to flash again and still the same error. I now have full clean install of CM13 and enjoying it so far. I will test it again soon and I will report back.
25th March 2016, 12:57 AM |#90  
Flag edmonton
Thanks Meter: 47

More
this is absolutely phenomenal, talk about a really fantastic set of improvements in every corner of this recovery! it looks so much more professional, the buttons are well sized and obvious what they're for, and the ability to mount usb-otg to use as storage for oh say a backup is really rad!

this is definitely a big step up in the recovery arena, now i feel a bit sad my other devices don't all have ports yet lol. thanks for the awesome build, your work and free contributions to the scene are really appreciated!! cheers
3rd April 2016, 01:56 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
TWRP recovery has been updated to 3.0.1-0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [Jaco69] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [Jaco69] Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
[recovery]

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)