Thanks for this tool, it's great and I can confirm it works with progressive JPEGs exported from Photoshop (I've hit the thanks button ).
I created a simple boot logo, but here is the JPG I used with this tool to create the .bin (attached) just in case anyone else wants it.
Hi everyone, here's my last release : MotoG Logo Flasher.
A little app that will allow you to flash your own custom logo as the MotoG splashscreen.
- Convert your custom picture to a raw picture.
- Compress this raw picture to a specific Motorola format (thanks to Carock for decyphering it).
- Then inject it into a working logo.bin for you to flash.
- It doesn't matter if your BootLoader is unlocked or not, you'll never see the warning logo (thanks to ffosilva's hack).
How to use:
- Download and extract the attached zip.
- Create a 720 x 1280 x 24b picture (i've tested it with bmp, but you can try with png or jpeg).
- Run my app [MGLF] and hit the [Create logo.bin] button.
- You'll see a preview of your picture and can then decide to flash it or not.
- If you choose to go on, you'll just have to wait a few seconds till the process ends. Et voila! You'll end up with a working logo.bin to flash.
- To test/flash it, just use the "flash logo.bat" file located in the app folder.
- The inbuilt exception catcher should handle all the bugs, don't hesitate to report them.
- If you ever want to flash the stock logo.bin: just copy the "original.logo.bin" from the [bin] folder and rename it as logo.bin.
None so far (you tell me).
Well at least, i know that some colors are not exactly the same but it's a bug in ImageMagic Convert.exe. Will look into it later if it really bothers some of you.
Just grab the attached zip file and hit the Thanks button.
Carock, for decrypting the logo.bin compression algo.
fosilva, for his nowarning little hack.
Madshi, for his great madExcept lib.
And you for using it. Have a nice day and enjoy it.
- Reboot/Flash from the app.
- Fix some bugs if ever found.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|