FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How-To Cherry-Pick Features for your ROM (both GitHub and Gerrit)

520 posts
Thanks Meter: 637
 
Post Reply Email Thread
18th February 2016, 12:31 PM |#81  
MSF Jarvis's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ghaziabad
Thanks Meter: 1,924
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Dev

thanks, I thought it was only for same roms. For example(this is what I thought) there are some new features in the latest builds of PAC rom but users can't build the latest ROM so they can just cherry-pick those features to old builds.

That is done by repo sync, but yeah, the confusion can occur. Happy to Help!
The Following User Says Thank You to MSF Jarvis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MSF Jarvis Ad-Free
 
 
14th June 2016, 01:39 AM |#82  
ryanguy426's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Any idea what it would take to bring a bigger feature from CM like LiveDisplay to AOSP?
14th June 2016, 06:18 AM |#83  
MSF Jarvis's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ghaziabad
Thanks Meter: 1,924
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanguy426

Any idea what it would take to bring a bigger feature from CM like LiveDisplay to AOSP?

Open their Gerrit instance at review.cyanogenmod.org and then then search for LiveDisplay and cherry-pick the necessary commits.
26th August 2016, 05:41 PM |#84  
Senior Member
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
So i am working on CM 13 and trying to add Halo to the build. Following your guide i used gerrit to download both framework and settings package and proceed as you have said but when i do a git status i get this

both modified: core/java/com/android/internal/logging/MetricsLogger.java
both modified: packages/SystemUI/proguard.flags
both modified: packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/BaseStatusBar.java
both modified: packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/StatusBarHeaderView.java
both modified: services/core/java/com/android/server/notification/NotificationManagerService.java
both modified: services/core/java/com/android/server/notification/RankingConfig.java
both modified: services/core/java/com/android/server/notification/RankingHelper.java
15th November 2016, 11:37 AM |#85  
Senior Member
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 273
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atharwaqas

So i am working on CM 13 and trying to add Halo to the build. Following your guide i used gerrit to download both framework and settings package and proceed as you have said but when i do a git status i get this

both modified: core/java/com/android/internal/logging/MetricsLogger.java
both modified: packages/SystemUI/proguard.flags
both modified: packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/BaseStatusBar.java
both modified: packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/StatusBarHeaderView.java
both modified: services/core/java/com/android/server/notification/NotificationManagerService.java
both modified: services/core/java/com/android/server/notification/RankingConfig.java
both modified: services/core/java/com/android/server/notification/RankingHelper.java

You need to resolve each files errors and add them each with git add file name.
Then you can do git cherry-pick continue.
Halo is probably not the easiest thing to start with... Try a smaller feature maybe?

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Hey so I have a problem / question.
I forked a repo and made a new branch...
I cloned said branch on my computer and added some cherry picks.. How do I make these changes reflect online?
15th November 2016, 02:29 PM |#86  
DSA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,561
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaoZeke

I cloned said branch on my computer and added some cherry picks.. How do I make these changes reflect online?

git push (To whatever remote & branch you want)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DSA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DSA Ad-Free
17th February 2017, 12:58 AM |#87  
alphamale's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Massillion
Thanks Meter: 90
 
Donate to Me
More
Is it possible to cherry pick this to a different device using this tutorial. Or would I have to clone and or fork
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170216-185440.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	4043947  
17th February 2017, 02:33 PM |#88  
DSA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,561
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale

Is it possible to cherry pick this to a different device using this tutorial. Or would I have to clone and or fork

Cherry pick should be fine, you will probably have to resolve errors
The Following User Says Thank You to DSA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DSA Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cherry pick, cherry picks, cherry-pick, gerrit, github

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes