By Cocytan, Member on 10th April 2014, 02:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st February 2016, 09:10 AM |#71  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperjusty

motasim masood, I'm glad to hear all went well. I am thinking of having another go at upgrading. What camera app do you use in lollipop and is the quality of the camera changed at all with a change from Kit Kat touchwiz to lollipop cm12?! And, I assume titanium or helium would be able to bring back the app data, even though it's across to a different rom? I'm a little rusty on the rom switching, as I used to do it all the time on my nexus, and now I have a new baby, so, I have less time to do everything and I want to be sure the camera is working well before I flash away! Plus my phone has been slowing and I put a new and faster SD card, which is not performing like I expect.... So, I was waiting for the moment to reset anyway!
Thanks ahead for the help!

I am using default cm12 camera app i did not see any difference between KitKat and cm 12 camera app.but i wil suggest that u use google camera app that makes lot difference....yes if u already backup the stock apps then they will work on ur cm 12 rom. as kind of SD card problem i never been through so no idea. good luck

31st December 2016, 12:59 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
my G9008v on China Mobile just received an official upgrade to Android 6.0.1 ...
27th January 2017, 09:25 AM |#73  

More
Seems there is also some LineageOS love for the G9008v:
https://download.lineageos.org/kltechn
https://github.com/LineageOS/android...amsung_kltechn
20th February 2017, 05:38 AM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Do any of you guys have instructions on how to update and root from 4.4.2 to Android 6.0 on our devices? Anyone try it? I don't have as much time on my hands as I used to, so I was hoping you guys had a quick answer it would be nice to change up my s5 from Kit Kat!
Thanks for any help guys!
23rd February 2017, 04:47 PM |#75  

More
Actually, another question. Using the original cwm from xiaolu via bobopopo, would I be able to flash upgrade to 6.0.1 with cyenogen or others?!
Thanks again guys! Anyone running rooted on 6.0.1? Is it worth upgrading from Kit Kat?
21st March 2017, 06:24 AM |#76  

More
I see there is a 6.0.1 update for our phones, but we would lose root. I've been searching for ways to upgrade while keeping root, but seems impossible. If I were to upgrade, can we still re-root?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you guys!
30th July 2017, 02:48 PM |#77  

More
I just upgraded from official 6.0.1 to Lineage OS 14.1 following the instructions of:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...gapps-t2904863
(You may want to check the links on page 5)

Used TWRP 3.0 instead of CWM as well as latest SuperSU, then the Lineage OS.

Good luck!
10th November 2017, 02:27 AM |#78  
Flag Kunming
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Fantastic to see this thread active. Buying my G9008V tomorrow for 100 USD. Will let you all know how the root, recovery, ROM goes.
10th November 2017, 09:37 PM |#79  
Flag Kunming
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Will this phone work in the USA? 3g or 4g?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry88

I just upgraded from official 6.0.1 to Lineage OS 14.1 following the instructions of:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...gapps-t2904863
(You may want to check the links on page 5)

Used TWRP 3.0 instead of CWM as well as latest SuperSU, then the Lineage OS.

Good luck!

If you are in us do you have 3g or 4g?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)