By LuckRocks, Senior Member on 16th June 2014, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2014, 05:41 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_I_N_G_E

That's crazy. From a dead phone if you hold volume up home key and power button in that order you can't get to recovery? I don't mean to state the obvious but I don't know how familiar you are. I've had 8 note 3s and I've never been in a spot where I can't get to recovery.

Just tried it, cant get into recovery only download mode.

16th June 2014, 05:58 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRocks

Just tried it, cant get into recovery only download mode.

Im sorry. I thought I'd take a crack at it. I don't know where to lead you from there. I wish you the best. I've bricked a few phones myself.
I hope you get it resolved. SOMEONE here will be able to help you.
16th June 2014, 06:00 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_I_N_G_E

Im sorry. I thought I'd take a crack at it. I don't know where to lead you from there. I wish you the best. I've bricked a few phones myself.
I hope you get it resolved. SOMEONE here will be able to help you.

I sent you a PM if you could look at it, it may help.
24th February 2016, 07:21 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm in the exact same situation and have been trying everything that's been posted but still no success. I'm going to hangout here and see if we can find something that can be done or point us in the right direction. Just letting you know you're not alone on this bud
25th February 2016, 05:48 PM |#15  
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Hey guys. Check out my post here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=6, read through everything and start at step #4 where you flash the NC2 stock image in the odin AP slot, this should get your phone working again. After that feel free to continue to follow the steps to root, etc. Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll do my best to continue to help.

As long as you can get into download mode, your phone is fine. I've went out of my way testing these to try and permanently brick this phone. I even got it to stop being detected by a computer while in download mode and was still able to recover.

Best of luck
28th February 2016, 07:36 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have a question and I hope someone is still reading through these threads. I have a Galaxy Note 3 AT&T SM-N900A. When I bought it a couple weeks ago, (I already own another one but a T-Mobile variant, to which I've had no issues) I wanted to root it. So I did. Then I removed some system apps. Then I realized I wanted to update it since it was only 4.3! Well OTA was out of the question and so was KIES as I rooted. SO I thought it'd be best to unroot and flash stock firmware and continue to update via OTA. That has not happened. Every time I try to flash stock firmware, regardless of the version of Odin, regardless of where I downloaded the firmware, I always get a fail!!! NOTHING WORKS!!! I even unistalled KIES, reinstalled drivers, tried different USB chords, including the one that came with the phone!!!! I just want to get it back to it's original state so that I can update it via OTA or KIES. I'll paste the ODIN message and a thumbnail that has a screenshot of my phone in download mode when ODIN fails. If ANYONE can help in ANY WAY, I'll donate!!!!! I'll do almost anything!! This is driving me crazy and I'm not one who likes to admit defeat and bring it to Best Buy, especially since Best Buy is over an hour away from here!!! There has to be a way I CAN do this! Here is the ODIN fail message:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N900AUCUBMI9_N900AATTBMI9_N900AUCUBMI9_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

28th February 2016, 10:49 PM |#17  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4,422

More
Odin may be failing because the bootloader on the phone may be newer that the bootloader you are flashing.

This might help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2703006
29th February 2016, 04:51 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Odin may be failing because the bootloader on the phone may be newer that the bootloader you are flashing.

This might help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2703006

So I need to root it again first, then update it to Lollipop using this guide, correct?
29th February 2016, 12:35 PM |#19  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4,422

More
Rooting has nothing to do with installing recovery, boot loader, or ROM.

You are using the wrong file for your phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)