[FIRMWARE] Flash KitKat the EASY Way!!!! or Go back to JellyBean

Search This thread

AtrixHDMan

Mar 3, 2015

OK.It worked.Now I'm having another problem. I updated back to lollipop again and tried to root with one click root and it installed and I see the superSu app but the phone is not rooted.I tried several times no luck.
I also tried to go back to Kit Kat and that doesn't work.
How to fix and recover again.I believe the rooting some how is causing the problem because it's not fully installed.

jayaprakashsajja

Apr 20, 2015
Helped me from CM12.1

As i am using CM12.1 recent build which eats lot of battery, i was in trouble to find to Stock.
After 2 days of my effort, Finally this helped me a lot. Works like charm...Gr8 effort..

Vectorr66

Feb 2, 2011
CrossDL [] to [D800]. SWversion []

I really had an issue I caused today. I was on d80020u version, thought I could use a step increase to d80020y but that caused an issue.

Then I could only get into fastboot, tried to replace boot files but then worse was forced then to go into ubuntu and replace files. I am able to get into DLoad mode and was excited I started up LG Flash Tool and went to install d80020c to try to start over. Had a check fail. Now I am getting CrossDL [] to [D800]. SWversion []

I really just need to get my phone working again for work. :(

Thanks for any help!

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
I really had an issue I caused today. I was on d80020u version, thought I could use a step increase to d80020y but that caused an issue.

Then I could only get into fastboot, tried to replace boot files but then worse was forced then to go into ubuntu and replace files. I am able to get into DLoad mode and was excited I started up LG Flash Tool and went to install d80020c to try to start over. Had a check fail. Now I am getting CrossDL [] to [D800]. SWversion []

I really just need to get my phone working again for work. :(

Thanks for any help!
Have you tried the Attached DLL File listed on the First Post? That has helped some to get it going again...

Vectorr66

Feb 2, 2011
Yes sir I have tried that. I think my issues is now regarding the files I dd'd on in ubuntu. I think I did my TZ but had LAF files downloaded but forgot to do it. Now I am in some critical error screen that says Demigod Crash Handler.

UGH. :) so fun.

fcolmedo

Sep 9, 2015
Got a AT&T version on stock Lollipop 5.0.2 D80030f, not rooted.
Can I use this tool to downgrade to Kit Kat stock rom?
Thanks.

ArkhamEng

Oct 16, 2015
Help please!

Hello my friend, i have tried many times to update the kitkat firmware into my LG D800 AT&T but i have this "Secure Image" erro, so i tried also the jeally bean roms, i could installed them but i have no audio on my phone. I have been loking for a solution but nothing seems to work, i had the bad idea to Upload the firmware with a D801 kdz and now i can not go to D800 :( can any body help me please?? i really need assitance

DvineLord

Aug 29, 2010
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
AT&T HTC One X
Hello sir , need some help here for my g2 , i have tried almost everything to fix it , tried fixing it in qhusb 9008,9006 modes , nothing helped , even after i get access to download mode , it doesnt work , after lg tool flashes the rom , android icon appears on the screen of g2 , like in factory erase , after that bootloops , my device is a d800 , i had d80020c stock before this issue , this issue has been bugging me for moths now :( , i also have access to twrp , but flashing rom from there also doesnt work , always bootloop

sounds like the issue u get when u take an ota with custom recovery. u might need to nuke the fota partition inside twrp terminal.

alimurtaza

Nov 8, 2015
query

hey.....
budy consider me if i am just born....i dont know flashing at all.....i just rooted my device recently....now wanted to flash xcam drivers....but dont know how to make it......please guide me:confused:

almass

Jan 28, 2014
sounds like the issue u get when u take an ota with custom recovery. u might need to nuke the fota partition inside twrp terminal.
Same happend to my device D800,,. How to restore it back. Already tried all of this qhusb 9006,9008,tot method all have failed,.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

evyater

Feb 24, 2016
help please

i run the toll flash and its ask for pass and id

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

hi
i confuse
how can i go from the 20k to 2u ? i download the files put the pass 1234 but what did i do with that?
i also saw some posts say that need firest to go to 20 c and then go to 20k-20u-20y so please help

BlushMaq

Sep 21, 2011
Nasik
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5
I flashed Google edition ROM that was meant for D802 with compatibility patch but something went terribly wrong.
Now I am only left with download mode alone(recovery does not work either) so I decided to flash stock KitKat using LG flashtool.But at last step it gave device check error something like 'cross check [D802]'
I tried both the DLL files that is original and the special one but same error persists. I am dying to see this phone alive please help me out.

barbicue21

Mar 15, 2016
Which option should I use?

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

hi after i installed all the files i started flash tools and the window that has the 3 options Korean, Brazil and other , i chose other by mistake. i removed the files from my pc and reinstalled everything like 5 times and im still unable to to get that little window back.

What option should I use when the window prompt appears? (Korea, China / Brazil, others or for test)
I already changed the megalock file to the C: directory.
Anyone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KitKat the EASY Way!!!!
    Or, go back to 4.2.2 JellyBean

If you are going to return your phone back to warranty, I would suggest this method in this thread as it does a COMPLETE wipe of your device and puts it back to 'Factory'. It removes Root Flags so it does not show having been rooted, and removes ALL data.

Disclaimer: This is not MY method, but a method I used. The information and files have been figured out over time by many individuals and it's been combined in this thread.

This thread is to help Noobs AND Veterans to flash their ATT D800 LG G2 to KitKat. This will be very spelled out, and I’ve even included a video (see below), so NO Mistakes. Yes, that means you! ;)

PLEASE refer to the Video Below before asking questions, as too many questions get a little overwhelming.

Warning! Please Read!

This WILL erase everything on your phone and put it back to FACTORY STATE, so be sure you’ve backed up!

Ok, first thing you need to do is download the version you want. I’ve got KitKat 4.4.2 version D80020c, and I’ve got JellyBean 4.2.2 version D80010o. These are VERY LARGE files, so be patient, although I am able to get as much as 6MB/s download speeds from this server.

Download Installer - KitKat 4.4.2 D80020c - This Flashes Stock KitKat, WITHOUT Root, and WITHOUT Recovery. - Use TowelRoot and AutoRec to get Root and Custom Recovery. - Single File LARGE archive. KK MIRROR DOWNLOAD
    D80020c Split Archive Download - This is the same archive as above, but split into smaller pieces for easy download.

Download Installer - JellyBean 4.2.2 D80010o - Single File LARGE archive. JB MIRROR DOWNLOAD
    D80010o Split Archive Download - This is the same archive as above, but split into smaller pieces for easy download..

Download Installer - JellyBean 4.2.2 D80010d - This is for those who want to install Custom Recovery and not update to KK... - Single File LARGE archive.

Now, for the fun stuff (You may want to print this out for reference and check them off as you go)

Pre-requisites:
    1. Be sure your phone is currently running a Compatible based ROM. If not, please flash a Custom Compatible Based ROM onto your phone. (ie: If you have a D800, be sure you have a D800 ROM on it. If you have a D802, be sure you have a D802 based ROM on it.)
    2. Be sure you have turned on USB Debugging before starting.

Step #1: Program Installation:
    1. Save the installer to your desktop
    2. Run the Installer by double clicking
    3. Wait a while for everything to extract (It might look like nothing is happening. This can take a few minutes, be patient, it’s HUGE)
    4. (On Win7 or Win8, Accept User Account Control)
    5. Accept my License
    6. Don't Change Anything and click ‘Install’
    7. Wait some more… and more… Large files are extracting…
    8. When it pops up, click ‘Next’ to install the LG drivers. Even if you’ve already installed them, install again! This is to verify you’ve got the right ones installed.
    9. Click ‘OK’ to finish the Driver install
    10. Click ‘Next to install the LG Flash Tool
    11. Don't Change Anything and click ‘Install’
    12. Uncheck ‘Run LGFlashTool 1.8.1.1023 and click ‘Finish’ (If you forget to uncheck this, just close the program when it opens)
    13. Click ‘Next’ to start the LGFlashTool Patch. (This makes it so you don’t need to change the date back on your PC)
    14. Click ‘Next’ again
    15. Click the bullet to ‘Agree to my License’ and then click ‘Next’
    16. Don't Change Anything and click ‘Next’
    17. Click ‘Start’
    18. Click ‘Next’
    19. Click ‘Exit’ to finish Patch Installer
    20. Congratulations, Program Installations are all DONE!

Step #2: Place Phone into Download Mode:
    1. With phone NOT plugged into a USB Cable, Hold the Power button to turn off phone
    2. Plug your USB cable into your computer
    3. Hold the Volume UP Button on your Phone
    4. While Still Holding the Volume UP button, plug in the USB cable to your Phone
    5. Continue to hold the Volume UP button until your phone enters Download Mode
    6. If this does not work, pull the USB cable and start from #1 of this section

Step #3: Change Com Port to 41
    1. With your phone STILL in Download Mode and STILL Plugged into Computer
    2. Go into Device Manager
    ---a. Press and hold your Windows Key (Between CTRL and ALT)
    ---b. Tap the ‘Pause/Break’ Key (Usually Top Right of Keyboard, might be different on yours)
    ---c. Click on ‘Device Manager’
    3. In the Device List, scroll down to ‘Ports (COM & LPT) and double click to expand
    4. Find the ‘LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM4)’ (Your COM Port Number might be different, that’s OK)
    5. Double click to open the port
    6. On the Tabs at the top of that screen, click on ‘Port Settings’
    7. Click on ‘Advanced…’
    8. Click on the Com Port number to drop down the list
    9. Scroll down to ‘COM41’ and select it
    10. Click ‘OK’ Button to save that
    11. Click ‘OK’ Button to close the Com Port Properties
    12. Close the Device Manager
    13. Close the System Window
    14. Go back to the Desktop
    15. That’s it, You’ve Changed the Com Port to 41

Step #4: Run LGFlashTool:
    1. Double Click the ‘LGFlashTool’ icon on the Desktop (Win7 or Win8 accept ‘User Account Control’)
    2. In the ‘Model Config’ window, check the box ‘Select Manual Mode’
    3. Next to the DLL space, click the Three Dots ‘…’
    4. Select the DLL file named ‘LGD800_.....v160.dll’
    ---a. For 4.4.2 KitKat, select ‘LGD800_20130811_LGFLASHv160.dll’
    ---b. For 4.2.2 JellyBean, select ‘LGD800_20130904_LGFLASHv160.dll’
    5. Click the ‘Open’ Button
    6. Next to the S/W space, click the ‘Remove ALL’ Button
    7. Next to the S/W space, click the ‘Add’ Button
    8. Select the tot file for the version you are flashing
    ---a. For 4.4.2 KitKat, select ‘LGD800AT-01-V20c-310-410-FEB-02-2014+0.tot’
    ---b. For 4.2.2 JellyBean, select ‘LGD800AT-01-V10o-310-410-OCT-19-2013+0.tot’
    9. Click the ‘Open’ Button
    10. Click ‘OK’ Button to save choices
    11. In the LG FlashTool program, click the ‘Yellow Arrow’ pointing to the Right.
    12. Wait for the program to verify your DLL and TOT selections (This takes a while)
    13. If successful, you will see ‘READY!!’ on ‘Port 1 (COM41)’
    14. If you DON’T see ‘READY!!’, you may need to start over
    15. If you see ‘READY!!’ unplug your phone from the USB cable and Plug it right back in. DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS ON YOUR PHONE. It should STILL be in Download Mode.
    16. The LG FlashTool progam will now start flashing your phone!!
    17. At around 80%, the program will restart your phone.
    18. It takes a while for the phone to restart, but it will boot to Android. Wait for the flash program to finish and it will turn your phone back OFF. And give you a ‘SUCCESS”
    19. Close FlashTool

IF for some reason, the LG FlashTool does not finish 100%, and you get a ‘Fail’, as long as your phone has now rebooted into Android, you don’t need to worry about this. Just close the program, and enjoy your Freshly Restored LG G2!

For anyone having issue with the device check not passing due to mismatched device (caused by flashing a Custom ROM with Different device model ID to your D800: ie, D801 to a D800 or vice versa.), try using the attached dll file instead of the device specific one. It has been reported to work for many... You will need to extract the zip file to get the dll.
    New Installer for D80010d

I just finished the installer for D80010d. It's uploading now. I will update First Post with new links when it's done.
    I'm using Firefox (on phone too) with the Mega addon and I have not had problems in past.

I'll keep trying.
    I just created a new archive that is broken into 20 Parts - 100MB ea. Download all the Parts to the same directory, then run Part01. It works exactly like the Single File Download, but is much easier to download for those having issues.

You will find it HERE, and also linked on the First Post. Uploading now, and may take a few minutes, so please verify ALL 20 Parts are there before you download.
    Can u tell me where can i get .tot file for D801 T-Mobile?
    I don't know where to find the TOT file, but you can get the LolliPop KDZ file from @hyelton over here: http://storagecow.eu/Xda/LG G2/Stock/T-Mobile G2/Lollipop/D80130b_00.kdz

And a good tutorial and program needed here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

can i do this on my lg d800 with cm12 installed with twrp recovery ..
    can i install it on my device using this method?
    As long as CM12 is a version specifically made for the D800, you can use this method. It will remove TWRP and CM12 and put stock Firmware on your phone.
    EDIT: If the version of CM12 is not specific to the D800, you can flash a D800 based ROM before using this method. Also, remember to back up. EVERYTHING will be wiped.
    Super
    Do i have to start all over? Or should/can I run ioroot23 again?
    I think i recall that install giving an error.
    If ioroot23 gave an error, then it may not have stuck. If that's the case, and you are already in KitKat, then there is no way currently to add Root. You will need to flash back to JellyBean and Root there.

Have you flashed Custom Rom's before? If you have, and you know that method, I would recommend these steps.

1. Flash to JellyBean D80010d or D80010o, whichever you currently have on your computer.
    2. Use ioroot23 to Root JellyBean. VERIFY Root using Root Checker from PlayStore.
    3. Use FreeGee from PlayStore and select TWRP so it installs TWRP.
    4. Download and Flash the D80020c ROM from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2665391 - FOLLOW his Directions Carefully, Flash the ROM, and Be sure to flash SU BEFORE Rebooting!

You should now be on KitKat WITH Root. But, there will be NO recovery yet. The Dev's are still working on that.