FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ HTC One | HTC 10 | U11 / U11+ | U12+]

33,233 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,170

By hamdir, Recognized Contributor on 7th August 2013, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2016, 06:09 PM |#37271  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Once again. Gsmarena, The Verge and Pocketnow are 3 of the worst haters for HTC.

These 3 sites need to be blocked by Google search for their biased and negativity towards an innocent brand.

I haven't seen others brands like Sony, LG, Motorola receiving this level of hate like HTC.
16th March 2016, 06:22 PM |#37272  
Flag Lille
Thanks Meter: 94

More
@hamdir

Hi Leo,

As you progress with the 3D model? I look forward to seeing what you managed to do!

Thanks
16th March 2016, 06:24 PM |#37273  
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpikxfx

Once again. Gsmarena, The Verge and Pocketnow are 3 of the worst haters for HTC.

These 3 sites need to be blocked by Google search for their biased and negativity towards an innocent brand.

I haven't seen others brands like Sony, LG, Motorola receiving this level of hate like HTC.

Hopefully somebody more experienced with HTC phones on the staff will get the M10 review, rather than the guy who did the A9 and the Mi 5. David Pierce for instance reviewed the Evo 4G LTE back in the day, and should know better than most that HTC had some of the best cameras in class back then, and give the M10 a fair chance. The Verge itself isn't necessarily all bad, there's simply a problem with which writers are covering which devices and a lack of memory among the editors overseeing it.
16th March 2016, 06:25 PM |#37274  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut

More
actually the verge will surely go ahead and call the M10 an Mi-5 copy
16th March 2016, 06:35 PM |#37275  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 509

More
Design, Design, Design! No one cares about how a phone looks when 90% of the world has it in a case. It will catch your eye but when you use the phone is what matters. Everyone knows the software and camera hardware is what causes sales. Samsung and iPhone rarely changes design but the software is innovative. This year it's HTC's turn and I am giving the software high marks😁

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ghosttown242 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ghosttown242 Ad-Free
16th March 2016, 06:35 PM |#37276  
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

actually the verge will surely go ahead and call the M10 an Mi-5 copy

Maybe, but I do have a lot of respect for certain Verge writers. Like I said, I think the problem is only with some of the writers, and a lack of good editing standards to control bias. They still put out quite a few quality articles, we just haven't seen any in regards to HTC in a while. I'll hold out hope until the review comes out, and continue doing my part in comments to spread a better narrative.

How's the 3D M10 baking going? My drool bucket is at the ready.
16th March 2016, 06:40 PM |#37277  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 509

More
I don't like the photo because they do not look good to me
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7M...p=docslist_api

Guess the phone this came fromm

16th March 2016, 06:51 PM |#37278  
Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronosqq

Maybe, but I do have a lot of respect for certain Verge writers. Like I said, I think the problem is only with some of the writers, and a lack of good editing standards to control bias. They still put out quite a few quality articles, we just haven't seen any in regards to HTC in a while. I'll hold out hope until the review comes out, and continue doing my part in comments to spread a better narrative.

How's the 3D M10 baking going? My drool bucket is at the ready.

yea i was praising them lately, especially toward their s6 review and i expressed hope that they remain impartial when HTC comes around, but the Mi5 is not a good sign

and about the M10, hold tight
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdir Ad-Free
16th March 2016, 06:55 PM |#37279  
Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosttown242

I don't like the photo because they do not look good to me

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7M...p=docslist_api

Guess the phone this came fromm

yea the M9 denoise processing is a disaster, the M9s completely destroys it
16th March 2016, 07:11 PM |#37280  
Beirut

More
HTC 10 / One M10 / Perfume 3D Renders - Black

click for bigger size

original model was provided by temp64GTX and I have corrected it overall, its now accurate from all sides, in the upcoming days ill post more colors and other angles

these are the changes on top of the original turbosquid model:

Quote:

- front chamfer higher and less thick
- rear chamfer bigger
- camera location
- nav buttons size and location
- screen size
- bezel
- slimmer side
- added black protective frame around the screen
- raised 2.5d glass
- removed the top right hole, its not hole, its a strip
- added the right tray

corrections are based on my my latest measurements
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdir Ad-Free
16th March 2016, 07:12 PM |#37281  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

yea the M9 denoise processing is a disaster, the M9s completely destroys it

Could you post some battery life related info about M9s?
The Following User Says Thank You to mato123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mato123 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, htc 10, htc one, info, knowledge base, m9 m8 m7 m4 t6 m10 perfume, nvidia tegra, ocean u ultra, qualcomm snapdragon adreno, sense zoe ultrapixel imagesense, u11 u11+ u12+, usonic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)