FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Stuck at boot

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By hahnliang, Junior Member on 16th April 2014, 05:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Please advise what should I do now,

My N5100 stuck at boot, the part where is shows "Samsung GALAXY Note 8.0 GT-N5100", it just stuck there and not boot.
I tried boot into recovery and reset still no use.

I can boot into Download mode as well as PhilZ Touch Recovery though.

What should I flash using Odin to make my Note 8 back to normal again?

Really thanks alot for the guide.
 
 
16th April 2014, 05:17 PM |#2  
gooberdude's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahnliang

Please advise what should I do now,

My N5100 stuck at boot, the part where is shows "Samsung GALAXY Note 8.0 GT-N5100", it just stuck there and not boot.
I tried boot into recovery and reset still no use.

I can boot into Download mode as well as PhilZ Touch Recovery though.

What should I flash using Odin to make my Note 8 back to normal again?

Really thanks alot for the guide.

I have been able to get passed the lockup by holding the up volume button after powering on.

keep it held until you get to the lock screen. About a 2 minute wait.
16th April 2014, 05:35 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude

I have been able to get passed the lockup by holding the up volume button after powering on.

keep it held until you get to the lock screen. About a 2 minute wait.

thanks, I've tried, no help...
18th April 2014, 09:36 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I have had similar. For me it just reboots into the custom recovery all the time.
18th April 2014, 11:37 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
One way would be to flash a new ROM using Android Toolkit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonst165

I have had similar. For me it just reboots into the custom recovery all the time.

Hi, this happened to me once and what I did is quite drastic, but I flashed a new ROM, as other methods for me simply didn't work ... the time it took to redownload my apps and set up the note 8.0 was minimal compared to the frustration I was having with note 8.0.

I put a rom (omni rom in my case, or you could use whatever you want such as a backup of your old rom) on my sdcard and just flashed it using my recovery (which is twrp, and which I could boot into). Since you can boot into PhilZ recovery, this method might work if you want to do it.

One last thing, the title of my reply mentions the android toolkit (which is now the skipsoft unified android toolkit). I did not have a rom on my device, so I used the toolkit to put a zip file of a rom on my device.

Hope this helps,
19th April 2014, 12:28 AM |#6  
Harjan112's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahnliang

My N5100 stuck at boot, the part where is shows "Samsung GALAXY Note 8.0 GT-N5100"

What did you do before it got stuck at boot, did you try clearing dalvik cache?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
19th April 2014, 05:48 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Problem solved, just flash the stock rom then all good to go again.
23rd March 2016, 03:31 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahnliang

Problem solved, just flash the stock rom then all good to go again.

Can you help me go through a step by step procedure. I have the same problem with my daughter's tablet.
23rd March 2016, 09:59 PM |#9  
ShapesBlue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,689
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaVillaruz

Can you help me go through a step by step procedure. I have the same problem with my daughter's tablet.

Download Odin, get the stock rom from http://www.sammobile.com

Boot into download mode, power button, volume down and the home button

Click continue, start Odin, now is the time to connect the tablet to your pc

Uncheck reboot on the left side

Click on pda, the file you downloaded from sam mobile is a zip file, open it to reveal the md5 file, place the md5 file on the desktop so it's easy to find

It should recognize the file in Odin and once it's done it should say succeeded 1

Then unplug the cord and reboot your tablet if it already hasn't done so. Holding down the power button until it turns off should do the trick. Any questions feel free to post here

Sent from my Nexus 6
7th July 2017, 06:01 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
pls urgent help
pls, is there really no help? my samsung galaxy note 8.0 gt n-5100 is stuck at samsung logo anytime I switch it on. I have wiped the cache and restore factory settings through the use of power key and volume up key with home key to enter the mode. I have also tried using odin through odin mode with the .tar file I got online and followed all the instructions but still I cannot use my phone pleeeaaassseee heeeeeelp me. it is very serious and frustrating. thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes