FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ HTC One | HTC 10 | U11 / U11+ | U12+]

33,156 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,103

By hamdir, Recognized Contributor on 7th August 2013, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th March 2016, 07:08 PM |#38841  
Thanks Meter: 3,256

More
I'm hoping for 5.5 m10 version as well, it's very hard to go back from 5.5 to anything smaller, I stopped using my g2 (5.2) and gave it to gf cuz it just feels too small after having few 5.5 devices.

Sense being so perfect after MM I won't feel the need to root, hell I haven't even rooted m9 while I had it first time for me not to root htc, it was 1st day purchase kinda thing for me, didn't feel the need for that, only wish I could stop ads without root. Same with m8 after receiving official 6.0 haven't flashed it since then.

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-L09 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Shan89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shan89 Ad-Free

30th March 2016, 07:16 PM |#38842  
Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 15,172

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan89

I'm hoping for 5.5 m10 version as well, it's very hard to go back from 5.5 to anything smaller, I stopped using my g2 (5.2) and gave it to gf cuz it just feels too small after having few 5.5 devices.

Sense being so perfect after MM I won't feel the need to root, hell I haven't even rooted m9 while I had it first time for me not to root htc, it was 1st day purchase kinda thing for me, didn't feel the need for that, only wish I could stop ads without root. Same with m8 after receiving official 6.0 haven't flashed it since then.

Same here with the size factor. I'm glad m10 is nearing the size of m9+, but I'd very happy if there's an 5.5". Using OPO made me realize that 5.5 is the good for me. Given if it's reached with non 14:9 ratio but something like OPO.
but again many waited for m9+ size released too at m9 event, but it didn't happen only later and only Asia. Hope it's different this year but if it's again not released at same day, it's going to be disaster again...
30th March 2016, 07:53 PM |#38843  
Flag Bristol, Scrumpy Country
Thanks Meter: 3,669

More
Anyway a 5.5 inch screen will be far too much for my hands so I will be going for the standard flagship. Besides we have waited long enough for that alone. I certainly won't be waiting for a larger version after this torture over the past few months also I can hardly get my thumb to the top of this dammed s7
30th March 2016, 08:01 PM |#38844  
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb

5.5" is coming, they will release it because it's better for google cardboard, not everyone is ready to pay 800$ for the vive.
Samsung has a huge success with the gear vr + S7 edge because it's 5.5" and the VR option is cheap

Sent from my HTC One A9 using XDA Free mobile app

Speaking of that, I actually have an S6+GearVR (the S6 was a very expensive mistake). The Gear VR has made it easier to accept being stuck with the S6. The only problem is there is still not a lot of VR content, and most of it costs money. With the Gear VR, you are locked into Samsung/Oculus content (I'm sure there are ways to sideload things, but it seems like a hassle). I can see the pixels, but the field of view isn't too bad. I experimented with Google Cardboard before, and it was not nearly as complete and satisfying as the Gear VR experience.

I will also say that the S6 hardware and build quality is exceptional. I underestimated Samsung. However, the software is still pretty bad, the Touchwiz slowdowns are real and it's bloated as hell with crap I don't need.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flar2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2016, 08:07 PM |#38845  
Senior Moderator / Where is my ban hammer?
Flag Northern Ireland
Thanks Meter: 16,391

More
I would love a 5.5" 10+ as well. Based on the m9+ which was not released in the UK, I doubt if they make one the 10+ would come either. I had the Nexus 6 with full 6" screen and it was one of the best devices I owned bar the HD2. I then bought the 6p at 5.7" Size was perfect for me, just did not like the device. I am currently on the Lumia 950xl which is also 5.7" and size is awesome. It is going to be odd to go to a 5.2" after a couple of years of having larger phones, but then I miss HTC. I really like there phones and Sense is awesome!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stephen Ad-Free
30th March 2016, 08:11 PM |#38846  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCypher

Hey guys, I know that the phone is supposed to go for sale almost at the same time as it is gonna be launched, but what do you think when will the EU network operators get it in the offering for 2 year contracts etc?

Oooh I missed this. If true then I'm a very happy boy indeed
30th March 2016, 08:12 PM |#38847  
Thanks Meter: 3,256

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen

I would love a 5.5" 10+ as well. Based on the m9+ which was not released in the UK, I doubt if they make one the 10+ would come either. I had the Nexus 6 with full 6" screen and it was one of the best devices I owned bar the HD2. I then bought the 6p at 5.7" Size was perfect for me, just did not like the device. I am currently on the Lumia 950xl which is also 5.7" and size is awesome. It is going to be odd to go to a 5.2" after a couple of years of having larger phones, but then I miss HTC. I really like there phones and Sense is awesome!

You can install sense launcher and it's apps without root on any android phone, I've used it on flex2 and it looked freaking awesome on 5.5, tried it on Mate S also looks stunning but went back to emui4 which is also very fast, amoled definitely makes sense looks even better, only bad thing is you're not up to date with htc devices but it works fine.

30th March 2016, 08:15 PM |#38848  

More
I had it running on my s7 for a time. I have a zip with them all if needed
30th March 2016, 08:21 PM |#38849  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Regarding the speakers - I just got a test version of Desire 825 that was announced at MWC and it definitely has two speakers. One is in the earpiece and the other at the bottom near the microUSB port. You can see audio options in the attached screenshots.
Sounds quite good and this a mid-range phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160330-220922.png
Views:	1092
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	3702000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160330-220929.png
Views:	1082
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	3702001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160330-221438.png
Views:	1074
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	3702002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160330-221444.png
Views:	1054
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	3702003  
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to ch1lko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ch1lko Ad-Free
30th March 2016, 08:27 PM |#38850  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1lko

Regarding the speakers - I just got a test version of Desire 825 that was announced at MWC and it definitely has two speakers. One is in the earpiece and the other at the bottom near the microUSB port. You can see audio options in the attached screenshots.
Sounds quite good and this a mid-range phone.

How good is it compared to m9 external speakers??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
30th March 2016, 08:35 PM |#38851  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceza_21

How good is it compared to m9 external speakers??

I can compare it only with One M8 - Desire 825 sounds louder and more spacious.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ch1lko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ch1lko Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, htc 10, htc one, info, knowledge base, m9 m8 m7 m4 t6 m10 perfume, nvidia tegra, ocean u ultra, qualcomm snapdragon adreno, sense zoe ultrapixel imagesense, u11 u11+ u12+, usonic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)