FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Knox/Kernel/Bootloader Development SM-900A

3,317 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,560

By Da_G, Inactive Senior Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus on 27th January 2014, 10:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st March 2016, 12:06 AM |#41  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 53

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by honkeydick69

Not possible

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You're right because it's a prime number. Never gonna happen
31st March 2016, 01:01 AM |#42  
Flag Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 106

More
It's not prime, but rather the product of 2 numbers that are probably prime. We're looking for one of those probable primes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobaltikus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cobaltikus Ad-Free
31st March 2016, 01:38 AM |#43  
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltikus

It's not prime, but rather the product of 2 numbers that are probably prime. We're looking for one of those probable primes.

Not gonna do this on pen and paper

so my good guess is were gonna need a quantum computer or a program containing an algorithm that has all prime integers between 1 and our number already stored in the database. Can we get a hint?
31st March 2016, 01:42 AM |#44  
Flag Fredericksburg, VA

More
The knowledge of a factor to the given number would enable us to recreate the private key and sign a new bootloader of our choosing such that we could simply flash the new bootloader as if it were an official Samsung bootloader. More than likely it would not be a brand new bootloader from scratch, but rather the existing bootloader slightly modified such that it is unlocked. That part has actually already been done, but it won't load, because it's not signed, because we don't have the required private key.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cobaltikus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cobaltikus Ad-Free
31st March 2016, 02:12 AM |#45  
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The knowledge of a factor to the given number would enable us to recreate the private key and sign a new bootloader of our choosing such that we could simply flash the new bootloader as if it were an official Samsung bootloader. More than likely it would not be a brand new bootloader from scratch, but rather the existing bootloader slightly modified such that it is unlocked. That part has actually already been done, but it won't load, because it's not signed, because we don't have the required private key.

Hah! I was right we would need 3 quantum computers and 9 months of steady headbanging metallic.
31st March 2016, 02:25 AM |#46  
Flag Fredericksburg, VA

More
With the best current published factoring algorithm, you are probably correct that it would take that much computing power that much time, but with a better non-published algorithm it could be much quicker with much less computing power. It's a long shot, but worth putting the idea out there. I'm working on my own factoring algorithms, but I have a wife and a bunch of kids which means I don't get much time for fun stuff like this. Still working on it as I find time though.
31st March 2016, 02:29 AM |#47  
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

and a bunch of kids

You would be making history for them
31st March 2016, 07:41 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 212

More
Someone needs to contact the enn-ess-ayy and tell them we have a phone in our possession containing sensitive data.
Maybe they can lend us a hand?? ___sorry, I could not resist.
The Following User Says Thank You to fire3element For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fire3element Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread