Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 5,017

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaOverdrive

Thanks for the info.

One more question that I forgot: Are there utilities that manage the process of flashing 4.2.2 to get into TWRP, then flashing 5.0.2 to boot the device?

I'll look for instructions to flash 4.2.2 and load TWRP

You're welcome!

Nothing beyond the built-in capabilities of Linux/Android to flash partition images from a Terminal with SuperUser permissions for 4.2.2. I think I told you about the flashable zips of just the 5.0.2 bootloaders for 35A and 36B I have in my ROM thread in my signature.

You could conceivably set up a script to use with the GScript app in the Play Store to downgrade to 4.2.2 - I just haven't felt like going to even that small effort.

Additionally, since the thread with the 4.2.2 bootloader isn't obvious given its thread title (which I never remember), I have a 7-Zip of the 4.2.2 bootloader along with a text file inside the archive with copy/pasteable text for use either in a Terminal with SU permissions, or via adb. The former is the easiest IMHO since the second requires a PC, drivers, USB cable, adb, a reliable connection, remember to give adb permissions the first time on the phone, and then superuser permissions again on the phone. Not a huge deal but at least as easy to just do it from the device itself.

I use 7-Zip archives for things that aren't a flashable zip, so it's obvious you can't flash it. X-Plore File Manager, ZArchiver and other Play Store apps will open them. I find in X-Plore that I must long-press the text file with the command(s) and choose to edit the file in order to correctly copy and then be able to paste the text into Terminal - don't know if that's a result of the Terminal I'm using or what the deal is.

The 4.2.2 7-Zip is in my Android File Host section which I link to in my ROM thread in my sig below.

We should additionally at this very late stage stop posting this VK810 stuff in the V500 thread.

Sorry to anyone else for any confusion.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roirraW "edor" ehT Ad-Free
8th February 2016, 09:52 AM |#502  
Flag Galati, Romania
Thanks Meter: 596

Donate to Me
More
Anybody tried the 3.0.0-0 TWRP? I am running the Korean Lollipop and I would like to test it, I flashed TWRP 3 on my Nexus and it seems to be quite an improvement, visually and from the features point of view. There is a V500 version on their website. I think people running KitKat should not flash it, they have switched base to 6.0.
8th February 2016, 01:11 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 2,707

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmihai20

Anybody tried the 3.0.0-0 TWRP? I am running the Korean Lollipop and I would like to test it, I flashed TWRP 3 on my Nexus and it seems to be quite an improvement, visually and from the features point of view. There is a V500 version on their website. I think people running KitKat should not flash it, they have switched base to 6.0.

I run it with marshmallow like a charm. But I don't know about stock
8th February 2016, 02:38 PM |#504  
Flag Galati, Romania

Donate to Me
More
@jonup: I know it works with Marshmallow, I have not backed up anything yet on my Nexus. I wanted to know if it works with Lollipop.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
8th February 2016, 07:17 PM |#505  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 532

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmihai20

doesnt matter what rom you run because recovery is its own "rom"
8th February 2016, 08:39 PM |#506  
Flag Galati, Romania

Donate to Me
More
@ckret: I know that too. I think we should not have any issues. I really wanted a new TWRP, the old one was giving some issues problems with the prompt at the end (at least now since systemless root started being used more often). I am also referring to backups, it should be backwards compatible. I flashed TWRP 3.0.0-0 and it went ok.
31st March 2016, 12:39 PM |#507  
New York
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Just picked up a used V500 which had an older version of CM12.1 (Aug 2015) and Phils recovery. When I tried to install the latest nightly I am getting a "installation aborted" error. I can no longer get the rom to boot. I see a couple options on the first page for recovery flashable versions of TWRP, just trying to make sure I grab the right one.
31st March 2016, 01:34 PM |#508  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,826

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschramm

Just picked up a used V500 which had an older version of CM12.1 (Aug 2015) and Phils recovery. When I tried to install the latest nightly I am getting a "installation aborted" error. I can no longer get the rom to boot. I see a couple options on the first page for recovery flashable versions of TWRP, just trying to make sure I grab the right one.

Use the official twrp 3.0 maintained by fefifofum.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deltadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deltadroid Ad-Free
31st March 2016, 01:53 PM |#509  
New York
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltadroid

Use the official twrp 3.0 maintained by fefifofum.

I see IMG files for TWRP 3.0 in the other thread, can I flash those with Phil's recovery or do I need to find a zip? Thanks.
31st March 2016, 03:20 PM |#510  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,826

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschramm

I see IMG files for TWRP 3.0 in the other thread, can I flash those with Phil's recovery or do I need to find a zip? Thanks.

The op has a link to a play store app you can use to install it if you have root.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)