FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[INDEX] AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 All-In-One Resource Thread!

786 posts
Thanks Meter: 635

By tropazr, Senior Member on 9th April 2014, 03:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th November 2014, 04:43 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Anyone know where I can find the stock firmware for that galaxy note 3 for att? I read the OP but it didn't provide any links or guides for the official stock firmware for note 3.

I guess it could be that it hasn't been updated since the summer.

19th November 2014, 07:26 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jae2014

Anyone know where I can find the stock firmware for that galaxy note 3 for att? I read the OP but it didn't provide any links or guides for the official stock firmware for note 3.

I guess it could be that it hasn't been updated since the summer.

Check out carl1961's post on using the Odin method... I have done it twice now and it is about as stock as it gets. This is the KitKat/NC2 files if that matters to you.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreaseM0nk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GreaseM0nk Ad-Free
30th December 2014, 05:26 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is it worth rooting and flashing a different ROM now, given that an official Lollipop build is just around the corner? I just got a used AT&T Note 3 with 4.4.2 on it, but if a whole bunch of changes are going to be made to the fundamental system (e.g. device encryption, possible new kernel), would I just have to undo all the work I just did to allow for the official 5.0 ROM to install?
9th February 2015, 09:07 PM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Very useful step by step on how to root. Thanks

Sent from my LG Optimus F7
13th February 2015, 03:27 AM |#75  

More
Has anyone uploaded the OTA update? AT&T release an update last February 6,2015. Given from this link
http://www.att.com/esupport/article....B423151&cv=820
29th May 2015, 02:01 AM |#76  

More
Thanks for the guide, hope it gets completed and updated.
25th December 2015, 01:58 AM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
SM-N900A MLG Modem

please, upload the tar file.
14th March 2016, 09:38 PM |#78  
Flag Orlando, FL

More
AT&T Note 3 Android 5.0
I just switched from AT&T to T-Mobile, so AT&T "unlocked" my phone if that makes any difference. Regardless, I would like to root my phone so I can remove the AT&T bloatware. Can I root an Android 5.0 phone? I see no guides for 5.0 devices.

Also, considering flashing a custom ROM, but wanted to ask if doing so is going to erase all my personal info? I've got apps on this device that have info I need to keep... Is there any way to flash a custom ROM and keep my data?

Thanks!!

TAP
3rd April 2016, 02:54 AM |#79  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapxda

I just switched from AT&T to T-Mobile, so AT&T "unlocked" my phone if that makes any difference. Regardless, I would like to root my phone so I can remove the AT&T bloatware. Can I root an Android 5.0 phone? I see no guides for 5.0 devices.

Also, considering flashing a custom ROM, but wanted to ask if doing so is going to erase all my personal info? I've got apps on this device that have info I need to keep... Is there any way to flash a custom ROM and keep my data?

Thanks!!

TAP

It's definitely possible to root on Lollipop but you'd have to downgrade to Kitkat to actually do the rooting. After you do the rooting in Kitkat, you would install Safestrap. After you do that, you boot into Safestrap and install a pre-rooted Lollipop ROM and OC1 kernel. Then boot into rooted Lollipop! Keep in mind that all this is for the ATT Galaxy Note 3. You wouldn't have to go through all this hassle with a Galaxy Note 3 that has an unlocked bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAngelicOne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheAngelicOne Ad-Free
9th July 2016, 11:26 PM |#80  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Heya everyone!

I was trying to play Pokemon Go but I found out it only supports Android 4.4+ and by some cruel twist of fate I'm on4.3. I'm trying to figure out how to get to 4.4(or any other supported version) while still maintaining root(I need it because I'm on MetroPCS rather than AT&T and I have to use a root required app to use their service). I tried un-rooting and using the OTA update but that was a complete failure. Restored root with safestrap and I've been stuck in a rut since. I tried the guide in the first post, but the thread it links too is missing a file so that's basically a no go.

If this info is relevant, I originally rooted my phone using this guide: http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/10/...xy-note-3.html
Ever since I've installed xposed, a couple modules and loaded safestrap(thank God because I'd be so effed without this right now) onto it. Oh and I have yet to trip Knox.

Could anyone guide me through the steps or point me to the appropriate thread? I can follow instructions pretty well, as long as I can understand. Any help is appreciated!
13th July 2016, 02:34 AM |#81  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 445

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crxssroad

Heya everyone!

I was trying to play Pokemon Go but I found out it only supports Android 4.4+ and by some cruel twist of fate I'm on4.3. I'm trying to figure out how to get to 4.4(or any other supported version) while still maintaining root(I need it because I'm on MetroPCS rather than AT&T and I have to use a root required app to use their service). I tried un-rooting and using the OTA update but that was a complete failure. Restored root with safestrap and I've been stuck in a rut since. I tried the guide in the first post, but the thread it links too is missing a file so that's basically a no go.

If this info is relevant, I originally rooted my phone using this guide: http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/10/...xy-note-3.html
Ever since I've installed xposed, a couple modules and loaded safestrap(thank God because I'd be so effed without this right now) onto it. Oh and I have yet to trip Knox.

Could anyone guide me through the steps or point me to the appropriate thread? I can follow instructions pretty well, as long as I can understand. Any help is appreciated!

Here is a link to my 4.4.2 stock rom restore files.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4es...52/Restore_NC2

Use odin to flash the home file and it's like getting a fresh OTA update. Meaning you might need to factory reset afterwards. If you use odin to flash the other 4 simultaneously it automatically resets everything. You won't be rooted at this point. But you can install the towelroot app and gain root access.
Then install supersu and reboot to enjoy full root.

After that install this xposed module. It provides access to a bunch of modules that can tweak your phone. For example you can install this gps tweaking module and enjoy your pokemon go withing the going part if ya know what I'm saying!!
The Following User Says Thank You to 440bro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 440bro Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)