[How-To][Tutorial] Downgrade Kit Kat 4.4.2 to JB 4.1.2

Search This thread

topshot

Sep 22, 2012
Can anyone verify that Android 4.1.2 Blur_Version.98.30.1.XT907.Verizon.en.US from the defunct sbf site == VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml.zip from drdevs FXZ site? MD5s match perhaps?

rijul

Jun 25, 2010
4.0.4, seriously?

Hi
i have a Motorola Razr M (KK 4.4.2)
my phone have many bugs, for example clock dont work properly and remain in 1970 and not change.
it was Locked and Unrooted, but with the help of kingoroot and Motopocalypse I rooted and unlocked the BL.
I tried to downgrade to 4..0.4 on my Motorola Droid Razr M using RSD lite and kept getting a downgraded security version update gpt_main version failed error.
and I tried to downgrade to 4.1.2 using RSD lite , reboot more and more and not power up the phone and remain in the motorola logo.
any one have soloution for my problem?
RSD lite 6.1.6
version 183.46.10
thanks.

Don't know why you're doing it? You have an unlocked KK BL, right? Flash the twrp recovery, wipe it squeaky clean from it and install a deodexed and debloated stock rom. Very reliable! :good:

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

is there any way to downgrade without unlock BL (183.46.15)

I see no reason to downgrade even for users 'stuck' with a locked bootloader. KK rom is better in every respect, except one. I really miss the stock camera on Jb.. it was insane 'quality' considering such a lens. Photos usually turned out real good.

cisz8

Feb 7, 2016
I've got a xt907 droid razr m. It keeps going to a black screen while making a call and doesn't go to the dial pad. This got much worse when it upgraded to kk from jb. I tried flashing with the House of Moto to the previous kk version and it seemed to fix the problem but then it gave messages to upgrade to the most recent kk. I tried to avoid upgrading but it was insistent. It starred having problems again which got worse after the upgrade.

Is there a working link for Blur_Version.98.30.1.XT907.Verizon.en.US?

Thanks.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I've got a xt907 droid razr m. It keeps going to a black screen while making a call and doesn't go to the dial pad. This got much worse when it upgraded to kk from jb. I tried flashing with the House of Moto to the previous kk version and it seemed to fix the problem but then it gave messages to upgrade to the most recent kk. I tried to avoid upgrading but it was insistent. It starred having problems again which got worse after the upgrade.

Is there a working link for Blur_Version.98.30.1.XT907.Verizon.en.US?

Thanks.

did you try the links in the index?
[INDEX] Motorola Droid Razr M (2015)

Sent from my KFFOWI using XDA Labs

Melch5ales

Mar 25, 2016
Merida
help

What phone is this for if its for the RAZR series you need to download a separate XML file and put it in the fastboot firmware folder and it will replace it.
Sent from my VS840 4G using XDA Free mobile app

n

my phone is a motorola " xt907 "

I have the same problem.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

hoangps, did you unlock the phone? There are two reason why it failed: locked bootloader or wrong model line in the XML (I had to do the latter one by looking into Kit Kat RSD image's XML so the model compare is basically forced - it works. Your mileage also vary. Start with comparing both XML). NOW, remove the lines containing gpt.bin and tz.mbn flash so you don't accidentally brick it.

my phone is a motorola " xt907 "

I have the same problem, help.

samuel.s6

Jan 26, 2016
Sir,
Can i downgrade it with my kkbl with (build Date: Tue Jul 29 05:55:21 PDT 2014) I am asking because you mentioned that you have successfully rooted with towel root and unlocked with motocalypse) i was unable to root and unlock my Droid M . Please Guide Me how to downgrade and unlock it:confused: .. Any Help Would Be really appreciated. Thanks in Advance .

topshot

Sep 22, 2012
Sir,
Can i downgrade it with my kkbl with (build Date: Tue Jul 29 05:55:21 PDT 2014) I am asking because you mentioned that you have successfully rooted with towel root and unlocked with motocalypse) i was unable to root and unlock my Droid M . Please Guide Me how to downgrade and unlock it:confused: .. Any Help Would Be really appreciated. Thanks in Advance .
@samuel.s6
No, you are stuck with that date of KK. Your BL cannot be unlocked.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Sir,

XT907 with kernel date July 2014 or after
can now be unlocked with sunshine app
http://theroot.ninja/download.html
xda thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2792487
other methods will not work

free to test compatibility, $25 to unlock
I would root with hydrogen peroxide, even though kingroot or temporary root should work too

Sent from my KFFOWI using XDA Labs

Reactions: samuel.s6

kingwaqar

Jan 31, 2016
Karachi
i am noob
I dont know how to unlock it i want to install recovery then i want to install custom rom please helpp meee ,

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

This unlock requires your device to be rooted. Do not proceed without a working su.
Download motopocalypse (credit to djrbliss).
Extract all files in the zip.
Windows only: install the latest Motorola USB drivers.
Enable USB debugging on the device and connect device to PC.
Windows: run the run.bat file.

I tried this method but i get error waiting for device but the device is already connected when i open 2 windows and press enter in both they pick device and loss the device and give error Device Error something like that

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
i am noob
I dont know how to unlock it i want to install recovery then i want to install custom rom please helpp meee ,

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

This unlock requires your device to be rooted. Do not proceed without a working su.
Download motopocalypse (credit to djrbliss).
Extract all files in the zip.
Windows only: install the latest Motorola USB drivers.
Enable USB debugging on the device and connect device to PC.
Windows: run the run.bat file.

I tried this method but i get error waiting for device but the device is already connected when i open 2 windows and press enter in both they pick device and loss the device and give error Device Error something like that
which firmware version
and kernel version with date?

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I am just writing these steps to help those who want to downgrade from KK to JB due to any reason. Please use these steps at your own risk.

Some Background:
    Recently I updated my Razr M to KK, it was Locked and Unrooted, but with the help of Twelroot and Motopocalypse I rooted and unlocked the BL.
    Now somehow I didn't like the KK and wanted to go back to JB 4.1.2 because I was now having unlocked BL and rooted phone so it was easy but need to follow some steps to successfully downgrade to JB. So an unlocked BL and rooted with KK is must.

Prerequisite:
    USB drivers for Razr M must be installed before proceeding.

Steps:

1. download the firmware file [Android 4.1.2
    Blur_Version.98.30.1.XT907.Verizon.en.US
    ] from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=8

2. extract the above archive and replace the XML file with the one in attachment.

3. put the phone into fastboot mode and flash the firmware with RSD Lite (attached)

4. reboot and now you have JB 4.1.2

If you want to install root application again and also want to flash custom recovery then please follow the Post#5 [ATTACK] (thanks ATTACK)

Note : for custom recovery you will need the fastboot.exe if you don't have it then install minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.1.3_setup.exe(attached).
    Put the phone in fastboot mode, copy the recovery to c:\ and execute the below command :
    fastboot flash recovery [Path to recovery image]

If it help you then don't forget to press Thanks button !
    DHACKER29's FOLDER
    - LINK

JELLYBEAN 4.1.2 RECOVERIES
    - CWM-6.0.4.6-swipe-moto_msm8960
    - TWRP-2.7.0.0-moto_msm8960-hdpi

KITKAT 4.4.2 RECOVERIES
    - CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT
    - TWRP2710-RAZR_M-KITKAT

SUPERUSER - I'm just going to link to Chainfire's thread, Direct people to download from there.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

BUSYBOX
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.timos.busyboxonrails
    Once you have a unlocked bootloader, you do not need to use "root programs". All you need to do is flash a custom recovery via Mfastboot / fastboot then flash SuperSU / Superuser.

In dhacker29's folder there are 2 different recoveries.
    • "msm8960" is for 4.1.2
    • "KITKAT" is for 4.4.2
    Once you have a unlocked bootloader, you do not need to use "root programs". All you need to do is flash a custom recovery via Mfastboot / fastboot then flash SuperSU / Superuser.

In dhacker29's folder there are 2 different recoveries.
    • "msm8960" is for 4.1.2
    • "KITKAT" is for 4.4.2

thanks ATTACK, can you please point out that which recovery is specially for 4.1.2 because there are a lot of recoveries with msm8960 in Dhacker29's folder.
    One more thing if you have flashable Su and busybox zip then please attach it , i will update the OP.

thanks alot.
    Thank you so much @alidsd and @ATTACK for all your help and useful links.
    Big thanks to @dhacker29 as well for hosting.

Very useful information within this thread.

I'm not sure if any of you three can answer this question, and it might be off-topic but I figure why not.

Where the heck did ##PROGRAM go and if it's just not available then how can i upgrade to KK w/o losing my jellybro baseband settings (3G VZW MVNO programmed)? Is it as easy as not running the pair of fastboot erase commands when flashing the KK files?