OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 5,055

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktor92

Planet earth calling @dzo, over...

Apologies for not reading this thread recently, I've been really busy improving the app. (v8.0.0 in this thread and on the play store)
I've spent the last month completely rewriting the HDR code and I think it's much better now.
There's not a single line of code left from the old HDR, and it now uses Halide (http://halide-lang.org/).
I've also updated the Low Light processing (Camera2 only) to align and merge up to 32 frames. You can use it in good lighting conditions for noise removal too. 32 frames will be slow to process so 8 or 16 is more sensible most of the time.
The new code runs great on a Nexus 5 but is noticeably slower on a 5x, I'll look into this but it's probably a hardware limitation.
There may well be bugs in this new release, it's still a bit experimental.
Thanks.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dzo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2016, 03:32 AM |#3302  
Thanks Meter: 521

More
Thumbs up
Great !!
12th April 2016, 03:39 AM |#3303  
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer_D

@dzo
Is it possible to use own ways of post-processing in photo mode?
I mean not only mirror, autocolor, enhance, but something like own settings of contrast saturation and so on...

Yes, you can create custom post-processing presets. In the editor, apply some filters to a photo, contrast.. saturation etc.. Then tap the filters icon (bottom left), slide the thumbnails to the left, tap "Preset" and give it a name. This name will now appear in the list of post-processing filters.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dzo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2016, 03:48 AM |#3304  
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCu

Hello dzo, I have been testing the sub-menu which appears when a long press is made on screen

Its not practical to work with this menu type, it disappears from the screen very quickly, the options can not be selected accurately.

Could you leave a set menu to make it easier to work with this menu? or have a configuration option to select the fixed menu or one floating.

I have drawn this example as set menu:

Another option that I think should these always visible, is the exposure compensation,

There is also a problem with the storage location in the mobile Samsung Galaxy J5, there is no way to select the external SD card to record there photos / video.

Best regards.

Thanks for the suggestions, you can do most of this already from the "on-screen settings" menu. Another way to use the controller menu is to tap on the far left of the screen (top in portrait) or long press on the centre of the dial to bring up a tapable controller menu.
"Storage Access" should work for the external card on your J5.
The Following User Says Thank You to dzo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2016, 03:51 AM |#3305  
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirrrr

Dear @dzo!
I've just visited your app's site and realized that the link:

is leading to com.marginz.snap page not to snaptrial page on Google Play. Is it normal?
I want to recommend your app to my friends but I can't do it without public trial version. ((

Thanks, it's fixed now.
12th April 2016, 04:20 AM |#3306  
Thanks Meter: 500

More
When you say hardware limitation, doesn't the 5x have better specs than the nexus 5? I'm still on version 6.5.2 from the playstore.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
12th April 2016, 07:04 AM |#3307  
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Thumbs up
Great to see that version 8 fixed the problem with EXIF data being stripped off if post processing was switched on. Thanks.
Now I've set this app as the default for the camera shortcut on power button double-press.
12th April 2016, 09:39 AM |#3308  
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboss

When you say hardware limitation, doesn't the 5x have better specs than the nexus 5? I'm still on version 6.5.2 from the playstore.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The Nexus 5x has 4 cores that are slower than the cores in the Nexus 5 and 2 cores that are faster but it seems that the 2 fast cores get throttled quickly so it is significantly slower for heavy loads like this app. I'll do some more investigation.
The Following User Says Thank You to dzo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2016, 10:11 AM |#3309  
Flag Siena
Thanks Meter: 185

More
hi,
i have an issue on my xt1572 moto x style, after capturing a video, camera won't focus automatically, to resolve i must close/open app, or use manual focus.
My device can natively capture video at 4k res, is it possible to implemente this feature also in snap camera?

Thanks
12th April 2016, 10:16 AM |#3310  
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Unhappy
A new odd problem which I don't know if it's caused by this app or something else: photos taken with Snap Camera are no longer automatically backed up by Google's Photos app.

I have configured Photos to automatically upload at original resolution and now it only picks photos taken by Google's stock Camera app. So it seems I can't keep Snap Camera as my default camera app...

I updated my Nexus 6P with the April 2016 update today and then updated Snap Camera to version 8.0.0. So either of these is the culprit.

Update: It's working again, for some unknown reason. Fresh photos taken with Snap Camera are being backed up by the Photos app.
12th April 2016, 10:42 AM |#3311  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

Yes, you can create custom post-processing presets. In the editor, apply some filters to a photo, contrast.. saturation etc.. Then tap the filters icon (bottom left), slide the thumbnails to the left, tap "Preset" and give it a name. This name will now appear in the list of post-processing filters.

Wow! Great! Love your camera!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)