Originally Posted by sorg
This fix is for those who like to use AllShareCast/ScreenMirrorwhile on custom ROM (i.e. custom flag is set).
Disclamer: You apply the fix at your own risk. I'm not responsible for any software or hardware damage it can lead. The only thing i can assure is that i've tested fix on my I9500 and I9506 devices and they work fine.
Disclamer 2: I don't provide any technical support for my fixes through PM. So, please don't write PM about porting it to other ROM versions or other devices. I share what i'm doing for myself and have no intention to port it to devices i don't have.
This fix is not really fixes the problem, but turns off HDCP protection. So, the video signal will go to HDMI in clear(unprotected) form. As a side effect, this fix also will be useful for those, who has non-HDCP TV and thus cannot use Screen Mirror function.
I've made versions for 3 different SoCs, thus it should be compatible with almost full range of Samsung top devices:
To install the fix, your device should be rooted!
- Exynos 5410 for GT-I9500 Android 4.3 ROM MJ8
- Snapdragon 600 for GT-I9505 Android 4.3 ROM MK8
- Snapdragon 800 for GT-I9506(SHV-E330S/K/T) Android 4.3 ML5, SM-N9005 (and other SD800 versions of Note 3)
You need to use file explorer which is able to write to /system partition. I recommend to use Root Explorer.
1) Open /system partition with write access ("mount R/W" button in Root Explorer)
2) Unpack following archive to specified folder:
for Android v4.3:
- for Exynos 5410: unpack hdcpoff_5410.zip to /system/lib
- for Snapdragon 600: unpack hdcpoff_sd600.zip to /system/lib
- for Snapdragon 800: unpack hdcpoff_sd800.zip to /system/vendor/lib
for Android v4.4.2:
- for Exynos 5410: unpack hdcpoff_5410_4.4.2.zip to /system/lib
- for Snapdragon 600: unpack hdcpoff_sd600_4.4.2.zip to /system/lib
- for Snapdragon 800: unpack hdcpoff_sd800_4.4.2.zip to /system/lib (not really required. HDCP should work fine on custom ROMS 4.4.2)
3) reboot your device.
I didn't test my fix neither on I9505 nor N9005, but in theory it should work.
I've added Android 4.4.2 HDCP OFF version for I9500 (I9500XXUGNG3), for I9505 (I9505XXUGNG8). It should work on any 4.4.2 ROM.
About Snapdragon 800 version (i9506, E330S, Note 3 Qualcomm version): it's funny, but my E330S (with old 4.2.2 bootloader and I9506 4.4.2 system) works without any fix.
It uses HDCP although my kernel and system are custom with a lot of bloatware (including KNOX) removed. It works with both Samsung AllShareCast and Netgear PTV3000.
I've uploaded patched lib for SD800 (I9506XXUCNG3) for any case (unpack to /system/lib
added N9005 4.4.2 version. You can try it on other N900x models as well (SD800 only!).
For Galaxy S5
(SM-G900 not sure Exynos or Qualcomm) look here
(not tested by me)
For generic Exynos
solution look here
(not tested by me)
If you are skilled enough, then you can port this fix to other version of ROM. Quick hint: Disassemble my fix and original file in IDA Pro, then compare listing to find the difference. And then, using some keywords near modified part, you can locate required places in the new version.
Generally, the versions I provide should work in any ROM within the same Android version.