[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) Stable 9.0

Search This thread

nett3

Mar 7, 2012
This might be a stupid question and I already searched, but does this rom come with root access? I did a clean install via latest TWRP with latest stable plus mini gapps but I don't have root access and Super SU is failing to install. I came from a 5.1 rom that crashed constantly but had working root access.

Edit: Flashing Super SU from here in TWRP then installing Super SU from Play Store worked.

Last edited:

JaylanPHNX

Nov 16, 2010
This might be a stupid question and I already searched, but does this rom come with root access? I did a clean install via latest TWRP with latest stable plus mini gapps but I don't have root access and Super SU is failing to install. I came from a 5.1 rom that crashed constantly but had working root access.

Edit: Flashing Super SU from here in TWRP then installing Super SU from Play Store worked.
SuperSU works, but you could've also enabled native root in developer settings.

It's baconnn!

atmu5fear

Nov 21, 2013
Orangeville
qualityaluminum.ca

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere with SlimPie Controls.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimPie - Easily access frequently used command at anytime.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Video Preview of the Rom -

Important SlimRom links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Please Note, All the Variants of Samsung Galaxy S3 for North America are now combined under one umbrella Device called D2LTE.

Stable Release Downloads - Download the Most recent Stable Release of the Rom. Also provides a Change Log.

Weekly Release Downloads - Latest and most up to date Code. Given its weekly nature, there might Possibly be a bug or two.

Google Apps Download Stable Release or Beta Release.- This features 3 different Packages Minimal, Full and All in One (AIO). You may also want to visit [GAPPS][4.4.x] Official Slim GApps TRDS (Slimkat)

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch!

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

SlimRoms Forum

If you are interested in helping the project,

If you are interested in Theming -

To those who are interested in Themes, the following two theme engines have been found to be working satisfactorily by XDA user @jorv976

You may wish to use either

Xtheme Engine
- XTheme Engine beta5 It will want Xposed Framework. You will be interested in #10 of the XTheme Thread. It has a mini Guide on applying themes.

OR

HK Theme Manager - Thread and its themes.

Here are a few Sample Screens after theming.
Themed1-1.jpg

Themed4-1-1.jpg

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2att), ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
nicklovell23, SlimRoms, Perseus, Tylog
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 9.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-12-21
Current Beta Version: 8.20
Beta Release Date: 2014-12-22

Created 2014-05-21
Last Updated 2015-03-09
This ROM isn't pre rooted? Just installed on my old S3 as a project, and no root access? Flashed from rooted stock, with twrp. This ROM has no root. Installing SuperSU from play store and updating binary fails?

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
This ROM isn't pre rooted? Just installed on my old S3 as a project, and no root access? Flashed from rooted stock, with twrp. This ROM has no root. Installing SuperSU from play store and updating binary fails?

I haven't used this ROM in a long time but I think you simply activate root access in Developer Options (tap build number 7 times).

Reactions: atmu5fear

sinsfromhell

Jan 13, 2014
Hello, I'm a bit new here. Just gonna ask about my AT&T SGH-i747 (ROOTED and UNLOCKED) has a 4.1.1 android version. Can i use this slimkat to upgrade to a 4.4.4? if yes, can someone please guide me with a detailed tutorial how to get this done? i'm not quite familiar with the instruction that is stated >>

1. Flashing SlimRoms coming from another ROM or Android version (e.g. slimbean to slimkat) (Clean flash):
- Download latest SlimRoms and latest gapps and put them on your sd card
- Boot to recovery
- In CWM, do a factory reset, wipe cache and in mounts and storage section format system
- In TWRP choose advanced in wipe section and wipe dalvik, cache, system and data
- Flash ROM
- Flash Gapps
- Reboot, setup and enjoy.

Can someone please provide a in-depth tutorial how to do this?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

JaylanPHNX

Nov 16, 2010
Hello, I'm a bit new here. Just gonna ask about my AT&T SGH-i747 (ROOTED and UNLOCKED) has a 4.1.1 android version. Can i use this slimkat to upgrade to a 4.4.4? if yes, can someone please guide me with a detailed tutorial how to get this done? i'm not quite familiar with the instruction that is stated >>

1. Flashing SlimRoms coming from another ROM or Android version (e.g. slimbean to slimkat) (Clean flash):
- Download latest SlimRoms and latest gapps and put them on your sd card
- Boot to recovery
- In CWM, do a factory reset, wipe cache and in mounts and storage section format system
- In TWRP choose advanced in wipe section and wipe dalvik, cache, system and data
- Flash ROM
- Flash Gapps
- Reboot, setup and enjoy.

Can someone please provide a in-depth tutorial how to do this?
Thanks in advance!
That's actually pretty straight forward, but I'll try to rephrase it. First, download the zips for the ROM and for 4.4.4 gapps. Then you need to boot into recovery. I'd recommend TWRP (if you don't have TWRP recovery, find the latest version for your phone and find a tutorial on how to flash it in Odin.) In TWRP, you'll tap on Wipe, then advanced, and check the boxes for Cache, Dalvik, System, and Data. Swipe the thing at the bottom to wipe all those things. Then back out to the top menu of TWRP and select install, select the zip for the ROM, then add the zip for gapps, (you can add other zips of you want, like SuperSU for root, though 4.4.4 Slim has root built in), then swipe to install. Then reboot and set up your like-new phone. (The first boot may take a while.)
If you want, there is an unofficial 5.1.1 Slim. Steps would be the same.
P.S. Before wiping anything in TWRP, make a Backup so you can restore to your current state of anything goes wrong.

From my SlimTab Pro 8.4

Reactions: sinsfromhell

sinsfromhell

Jan 13, 2014
That's actually pretty straight forward, but I'll try to rephrase it. First, download the zips for the ROM and for 4.4.4 gapps. Then you need to boot into recovery. I'd recommend TWRP (if you don't have TWRP recovery, find the latest version for your phone and find a tutorial on how to flash it in Odin.) In TWRP, you'll tap on Wipe, then advanced, and check the boxes for Cache, Dalvik, System, and Data. Swipe the thing at the bottom to wipe all those things. Then back out to the top menu of TWRP and select install, select the zip for the ROM, then add the zip for gapps, (you can add other zips of you want, like SuperSU for root, though 4.4.4 Slim has root built in), then swipe to install. Then reboot and set up your like-new phone. (The first boot may take a while.)
If you want, there is an unofficial 5.1.1 Slim. Steps would be the same.
P.S. Before wiping anything in TWRP, make a Backup so you can restore to your current state of anything goes wrong.

From my SlimTab Pro 8.4

Got it working. Thanks a bunch! :D:D:D

Shagerty

Dec 31, 2012
Santa Cruz

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features

Important SlimRom links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Please Note, All the Variants of Samsung Galaxy S3 for North America are now combined under one umbrella Device called D2LTE.

Stable Release Downloads - Download the Most recent Stable Release of the Rom. Also provides a Change Log.

Weekly Release Downloads - Latest and most up to date Code. Given its weekly nature, there might Possibly be a bug or two.

Google Apps Download Stable Release or Beta Release.- This features 3 different Packages Minimal, Full and All in One (AIO). You may also want to visit [GAPPS][4.4.x] Official Slim GApps TRDS (Slimkat)

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Get in touch!

SlimRoms Forum

To those who are interested in Themes, the following two theme engines have been found to be working satisfactorily by XDA user @jorv976

Xtheme Engine
- XTheme Engine beta5 It will want Xposed Framework. You will be interested in #10 of the XTheme Thread. It has a mini Guide on applying themes.

OR

Themed1-1.jpg

Themed4-1-1.jpg

Contributors

Version Information

Created 2014-05-21
Last Updated 2015-03-09
This ROM does not seem very stable, camera issues, cell signal is intermittent. I have flashed it on 2 AT&T GS3's and both have the exact same issues, seriously needs work.

wrenhal

Sep 19, 2007
This ROM does not seem very stable, camera issues, cell signal is intermittent. I have flashed it on 2 AT&T GS3's and both have the exact same issues, seriously needs work.
Honestly this is an old rom. You also need to make sure you have a fairly up to date modem/bootloader combo flashed. It worked fine for me but I moved on to the next level I prob and am now on cm13.

Oldie/goodie

I just flashed this to my i747 and has fine cell signal. You may need to update your baseband. The camera crashed when I switched from front back to rear, but I would get random/infrequent camera crashing with CM12.1 with regular use. I know people with stock ROMs (never rooted) who have had camera issues that were only resolved by reflashing the device at AT&T store.

Shagerty

Dec 31, 2012
Santa Cruz
I just flashed this to my i747 and has fine cell signal. You may need to update your baseband. The camera crashed when I switched from front back to rear, but I would get random/infrequent camera crashing with CM12.1 with regular use. I know people with stock ROMs (never rooted) who have had camera issues that were only resolved by reflashing the device at AT&T store.

Camera doesn't crash on stock haha, but every custom ROM that is not a TouchWiz base for this phone has Front Camera force close issues. The only ROM i have not had any issues with in terms of camera and intermittent signal is OCT-OS L M6 FINAL (5.1.1) 12-29-2015 That build and release of OCT-OS L is phenomenal. I have two of these S3's and both have updated baseband I think a lot of people on these threads put a lot of weight into the baseband and dont realize that updating the phone via OTA will update your baseband. Just update the phone to latest release on stock ROM and you will forever have the latest baseband. No need to fuss with all these baseband threads.

Camera doesn't crash on stock haha, but every custom ROM that is not a TouchWiz base for this phone has Front Camera force close issues. The only ROM i have not had any issues with in terms of camera and intermittent signal is OCT-OS L M6 FINAL (5.1.1) 12-29-2015 That build and release of OCT-OS L is phenomenal. I have two of these S3's and both have updated baseband I think a lot of people on these threads put a lot of weight into the baseband and dont realize that updating the phone via OTA will update your baseband. Just update the phone to latest release on stock ROM and you will forever have the latest baseband. No need to fuss with all these baseband threads.
Agreed on easiest way to update baseband. And as far as custom Kitkat ROMs go: Rooting stock, installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova, and Xposed framework will allow most of the customizations. I've just never messed with TouchWiz much, so it's seems easier to just flash cyanogenmod and deal with minor bugs. I've been using this ROM for several days now and haven't had any cell signal issues.

Last edited:
Another thing stock (and Cyanogenmod) has are quick settings at the top of the notification pane, which Slim has decided to negate in place of custom app shortcuts at the bottom. An extra move to get to quick settings panel with automated access dependent on swipe area and/or inconsistent notification variables. But with the ribbon, I basically never use the quick settings pane. It's the same logic used in Lolipop, where I'm using multiple swipe gestures to do the same thing I could do with a single swipe in Kitkat. Um...no.

Last edited:

sinsfromhell

Jan 13, 2014
I'm having a bit of a problem after this ROM was flashed. I'm not getting any 3G/LTE/2G signal etc. And the preferred network is stuck in LTE. Cannot switch from LTE to 3G/2G.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• The Real Dark Slim
    • SlimCenter
    • Camera Features

Important SlimRom links:

Get in touch!

SlimRoms Forum

Xtheme Engine

OR

Themed1-1.jpg

Themed4-1-1.jpg

Contributors

Version Information

Created 2014-05-21
    Last Updated 2015-03-09
    On another note, is d2lte gonna be supported in 5.0? Seems most devs have moved on.:banghead:
    Going to happen since I have some say about it. ;) Last I checked, my only DD Device is a S3. :cowboy:

Patience is Virtue and all that.
    Its still broken.
    Data yes
    GPS no
    Bluetooth untested

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001606615

Says GPS yes. :)
    I am the most patient individual in the world!! ( I never push for a time or date from a developer) I guess I should have asked the question a different way, is the weekly development of 9.0 finished...because of LP getting ready to drop?........because the download files are gone...
    You have not been Asking ETA. I know. :) As to LP? Well keep watching hopefully later today.
    Yes, stable 9 is the last kk build. All efforts now are for SlimLP. It's still in alpha, but weeklies are coming soon. Some devices are gonna have a tougher time than others, though. Right now there's lots of good builds for N5 and Oneplus One, but others still need work, from what I understand.
    Yeah D2 fell into latter category. The stock Camera is still borked. However 3rd party Camera apps are working fine.
    yes, you choice your kernel based on better audio perfomance.. but im looking for better battery perfomance? which one do you can recommended?
    <cough> my signature<cough><cough>
    @brttwilliams

To All

Please use the following as your Current Weekly 8.4

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655042121

Just for this once, keep aside the 8.4 posted on Slim Website.