By jmedlin, Junior Member on 7th June 2014, 11:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th April 2016, 04:28 PM |#61  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911jason

Yeah, those are the files I used. Just like others in that thread said, I didn't disable Knox and have never had any reboot issues. Sorry man, I'm kind of at a loss at this point. Will they let you exchange the tablet since you just got it yesterday?

I forgot to say the last thing i did last nite was reflash lollipop back to the device and of course no reboots! So whatever Samsung did when they refurb this baby, it will not work seemlessly with kitkat anymore, or every for that fact. Might be why it was refurbed. So its not really that bad, I just wanted to root this puppy. Im not real concerned about the bloat, i just want to change the keyboard back to kitkat and the weather widget also.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Should we have a Pit file too?

10th April 2016, 04:46 PM |#62  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Pit file?
10th April 2016, 05:19 PM |#63  
Flag Indiana

More
Quote:

Pit file?

I saw the option in odin and i saw someone mentioned it in a previous comment that he couldnt open his "pit" files. i know, im just reaching here.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Are you using the superuser from the store or one from the forum?
10th April 2016, 07:39 PM |#64  
Flag Los Angeles

More
I'm using SuperSU Pro from the store, but I'm not sure what I used when I first flashed.
11th April 2016, 08:42 PM |#65  
Flag Indiana

More
Well I have tried everything to fix the reboot issue and nothing has worked. I think i may have a newer bootloader than others here. My only issue thats keeping me from running lollipop is the fact that the ext sd wont let me write to it without root. Does anybody know a work around for this? If so i would be content running 5.1.1
13th April 2016, 05:25 PM |#66  
Flag Indiana

More
Do you think something like this would work for us if someone could create us a custom kernel?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...-root-t3356666
13th April 2016, 05:29 PM |#67  
Flag Los Angeles

More
That's all way past my skill level, so I have no idea. Might be worth asking in that thread or the dev's thread...
27th December 2016, 01:21 AM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm running Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 ATT SM-P907A Lolipop 5.11 rooted
I hesitate to post this cause its a bit complicated..
First this is a great tablet but ships unsecured and bloated..
My interest in rooting my differ from most, I just wanted to gain root access and full control of the device that I own, its network connections, and freeze or remove ad based software, I have no interest in disabling knox security.
my android setup:
SM-907A version: 5.1.1
baseband version: P907AUCU1B0H3
Kernel version: 3.4.0-5591930
Root solution: KingRoot 5.01 XDA version

system went thru a few hiccups initially an the rooting process stuck at 10% or 17% complete
don't really remember the exact percent but then I installed and ran "Root Booster - Dominik Nozke; I used the Stability boost option after that completed I rebooted and King Root was fully established.

Problems Encountered:
KingRoot is adware and frequently attempts to send data to Hong Kong dont know what data is being sent..
maybe someone should sniff packets because currently there is no way to purchase a secured version.

I had no luck removing kingRoot and replacing it with superSU
my attempts, either removed root or bricked tablet, had to go back to kitkat then 2 more updates to recover 5.11

Solution: stay rooted but block KingRoot
I disabled the Battery charging lock screen option that will kill the ads
I used a Network connections monitor and a rooted host editor to track IPs and block KingRoot
and related services and I used adguard as a proxy with includes firewall to also block KingRoot.

system is very stable no random reboots or persistent problems
I would like to install TWRP recovery but so far not available for sm-p907a
If anyone has a solution for installing TWRP recovery on this device please let me know

Thanks

and hth
The Following User Says Thank You to noteprouser64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noteprouser64 Ad-Free
27th December 2016, 01:29 AM |#69  
Flag Los Angeles

More
Wow! This could not have come at a better time for me. I downloaded the files this morning to go back to stock (currently on rooted KitKat) and I'm planning to try Lollipop again tomorrow morning. Can you post links to the apps you used to block KingRoot? Also details for configuring them to do so? I realize I'm asking a lot, no worries if you'd prefer not to. I'll try to figure out.
27th December 2016, 03:59 AM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Sure.. your a senior member you have probably already help me
I'm the newbie so thanks
Quote:

Wow! This could not have come at a better time for me. I downloaded the files this morning to go back to stock (currently on rooted KitKat) and I'm planning to try Lollipop again tomorrow morning. Can you post links to the apps you used to block KingRoot? Also details for configuring them to do so? I realize I'm asking a lot, no worries if you'd prefer not to. I'll try to figure out.

no links, available in google playstore:

Network Connections - Anit Spy Mobile

- displays ip connections, destinations, whois details and maps for all internet connecting apps and services.
- tapping the ip once displays the whois info tapping the ip again copies the ip to the clipboard
- will help you get a handle on all app and services not just kingroot

Hosts Editor - Nilhcem
- the host file basically an ip router
- allows you to route a domain name to an internal ip if your setting up a web server
- or route and outbound ip to an internal ip (loopback) or to a different external ip.

You just need to know the destination ip which is why you need to monitor each app or services outgoing ip connections. This way you may wish to allow some connections and block others. like a firewall.

The difference is with a firewall you can create a inbound / outbound rules to apply globally or to a specific app or service. The host file on the other hand is not selective any app or service that tries to connect to the ip
you add the the host file will be re-routed.

host file rules:
- # = comment so first active line should be 127.0.0.1 localhost un commented
- next line should contain the ip you wish to block, can be any destination you dont wont connecting:
example:

#internal ip is 127.0.0.1 destination is localhost (your computers local loopback)
127.0.0.1 localhost
#blocked ips
14.17.43.150 localhost
14.17.43.153 localhost

you could just install a firewall like netguard or adguard to block Kingroot and blacklist outbound ip's that way..
setup is very simple most have good documentation.

hth
The Following User Says Thank You to noteprouser64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noteprouser64 Ad-Free
27th December 2016, 05:41 PM |#71  
Flag Los Angeles

More
Is this the method you used to try and install SuperSU?
Root for Fire Phone with SuperSU
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)