By JackpotClavin, Recognized Developer on 25th June 2014, 03:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2016, 06:09 AM |#41  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPooka

It's a command line tool. You have to run it in a terminal.

I did "make" but nothing happens, it doesn't ask me for SDK version it just makes the files and that's it. Sorry but I'm still learning

17th February 2016, 07:04 AM |#42  
Flag BFE, MO
Thanks Meter: 1,258

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug1

I did "make" but nothing happens, it doesn't ask me for SDK version it just makes the files and that's it. Sorry but I'm still learning

first you make it, then run it in that directory and enter at the prompts.
./android-blob-utility
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigsupersquid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigsupersquid Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 08:49 AM |#43  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsupersquid

first you make it, then run it in that directory and enter at the prompts.
./android-blob-utility

Thanks I think I understand now. So when I have made the file, stay in the terminal and type:- ./android-blob-utility, it will then ask for SDK version. I then follow the guide.

Thanks for the info
8th April 2016, 01:33 PM |#44  
Flag Somewhere...
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi. This seems to be a great tool. Thanks a lot.

What's your criterion choosing which files execute the tool on?
11th April 2016, 04:20 PM |#45  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 667

Donate to Me
More
can this tool be used to extract all the proprietary blob files from a system dump? not just specific ones?
11th April 2016, 05:13 PM |#46  
Flag BFE, MO
Thanks Meter: 1,258

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by celoxocis

can this tool be used to extract all the proprietary blob files from a system dump? not just specific ones?

doesn't actually extract anything, just lists what other blobs specific blobs depend on in the dump.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigsupersquid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigsupersquid Ad-Free
17th April 2016, 01:29 PM |#47  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 667

Donate to Me
More
I'm forking a device and im finally at the point where i need to create a proprietary-files.txt
im trying to get some dependecys using your tool.
this is what i get from a "test run":

Code:
root@nas:/mnt/raid5/Other/development/Android-Blob-Utility/Android-Blob-Utility# ./android-blob-utility
System dump SDK version?
See: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/uses-sdk-element.html#ApiLevels
System dump root?
/mnt/raid5/Other/development/workspace/r7plus-cm13/system
Target vendor name?
oppo
Target device name?
r7plus
How many files?
Files to go: 1
File name?
camera.msm8916.so
Segmentation fault
where did i do wrong?

Edit: Found it. Me silly had to specify the full path
The Following User Says Thank You to celoxocis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift celoxocis Ad-Free
16th August 2016, 09:07 PM |#48  
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 1,471

More
Just what I was looking for!!!!
Thanks
17th August 2016, 02:38 PM |#49  
Cairo
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Does this support marshmallow? This can be a savior for me!

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Another thing... I'm nooooob in android development but no one has made cyanogenmod for my device yet. How can I know which proprietary files are needed? My device is HTC Desire EYE and it's way too similar with HTC One M8 which has Cyanogenmod since YEARS LOL
18th August 2016, 01:35 AM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 1,685

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modaifallah

Does this support marshmallow? This can be a savior for me!

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Another thing... I'm nooooob in android development but no one has made cyanogenmod for my device yet. How can I know which proprietary files are needed? My device is HTC Desire EYE and it's way too similar with HTC One M8 which has Cyanogenmod since YEARS LOL

If your question were easily answered, there'd probably already be a version of CM for your device. Either nobody that has it has stepped up to build one, or it's got some other more mystic voodoo going on that prevents it from being easily ported.

There's a fairly decent guide on the CM website regarding porting a new device to CM. And if the M8 is very similar, you could start there and see what happens when you build it.
The Following User Says Thank You to RandomPooka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RandomPooka Ad-Free
18th August 2016, 12:01 PM |#51  
Cairo
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPooka

If your question were easily answered, there'd probably already be a version of CM for your device. Either nobody that has it has stepped up to build one, or it's got some other more mystic voodoo going on that prevents it from being easily ported.

There's a fairly decent guide on the CM website regarding porting a new device to CM. And if the M8 is very similar, you could start there and see what happens when you build it.

There is no Cyanogenmod due to lack of developers. We have a single developer making stock modified roms. I will check that guide.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, blob, build, proprietary, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread