Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2016, 06:38 PM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedson

a bit confused.

unlocked bootloader
flashed twrp and cwm but cant get into new flashed recovery?

whenever i fastboot and enter recovery i get a dead robot with exclamation mark. i have tried both twrp and cwm? what the heck is going on

was having the same problem, what worked for me was rename the twrp recovery file to recovery.img, so the command looks like this

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

I'm on android 5.1 moto e xt1021

21st April 2016, 09:48 PM |#322  
Flag Capital
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Here is a noob question, shall I use the last version of TWRP for a stock Moto E running Kitkat ? Thanks.
22nd April 2016, 06:33 AM |#323  
Thanks Meter: 964

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusss

Here is a noob question, shall I use the last version of TWRP for a stock Moto E running Kitkat ? Thanks.

You can't have custom recovery with stock rom. Once booted, custom recovery will be erased and stock motorola recovery will be installed and there is nothing you can do with this. To prevent reverting recovery to stock, you need to install custom rom, like Cyanogenmod.
22nd April 2016, 03:19 PM |#324  
Flag Capital
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaur

You can't have custom recovery with stock rom. Once booted, custom recovery will be erased and stock motorola recovery will be installed and there is nothing you can do with this. To prevent reverting recovery to stock, you need to install custom rom, like Cyanogenmod.

Thanks for answering, let me see if I understand, first of all I will unlock bootloader, after that install custom recovery and then install supersu, as the guide says, and finally install cyanogen. TWRP 3.0 is ok for this procedure or I should install a previuos version? Thanks.
22nd April 2016, 05:24 PM |#325  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusss

Thanks for answering, let me see if I understand, first of all I will unlock bootloader, after that install custom recovery and then install supersu, as the guide says, and finally install cyanogen. TWRP 3.0 is ok for this procedure or I should install a previuos version? Thanks.

It is ok

Sent from my Moto E
23rd April 2016, 01:22 PM |#326  

More
Not really. Unlock bootloader, install twrp, boot twrp, wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache and finally install cm and gapps.

Important: boot into twrp just after installing it, dont boot into system. Twrp version does not really matter, if you have version 3 for your device, you can try it.
8th May 2016, 04:45 PM |#327  

More
how to unlock on Cricket variant
Like several others here I have the Cricket variant of the XT1021. When requesting the unlock code on Motorola site, it just says that this phone is not eligible. Is there ANY workaround? All I really want is root so I can uninstall system crap apps etc. Help?
8th May 2016, 05:42 PM |#328  

More
I'm afraid there is no solution. Better sell it and buy another one, possible to unlock.
18th May 2016, 11:35 AM |#329  

More
mfastboot - v2 zip file is invalid!
mfastboot - v2 zip file is invalid!
4th June 2016, 07:10 AM |#330  
Flag between my chair and PC
Thanks Meter: 54

More
can I try this out with lollipop
I installed lollipop on my condour before doing all this, so could anybody confirm that I can root my phone after upgrading to lollipop.
14th June 2016, 01:25 PM |#331  

More
please help!!

after unlocking the bootloader in my moto e XT1022 device , in my adb and fastboot folder under program tools in C drive, i wrote "adb devices" in command prompt , but it is not showing any devices and neither is it flashing the recovery.img , it says that "error recovery.img not found". Please help me!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how to root, moto e, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)