FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you like my work ?

Yes. I love it.

362 Vote(s)
96.53%
No. I hate it.

13 Vote(s)
3.47%

[Recovery] CWM 6.0.2.8 [JB Compatible]

2,388 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,764

By Shaaan, Inactive Recognized Developer on 12th November 2012, 12:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th April 2016, 03:34 PM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaksAnkit

THIS IS ONLY FOR galaxy s advnace I9070 dude you are in the wrong forum !!!

After flashing phone reboots into the recovery itself wait for it to reboot and unfortunately its a temp. recovery as mentioned by the developer, so you will be back to stock recovery after reboot it is useful to once root and install custom ROM`s.

for permanent recovery u need to flash a custom recovery which is compatible to your current ROM .
HOPE IT HELPS

yes I even tried that flashed and waited for like about half n hour still nothing happened and then pressed the buttons and again gotthe stock recovery . By any chance do you know any permanent recovery for this phone , if you can just share the link
26th April 2016, 05:00 PM |#232  
Flag City with Horns
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthsachdeva

yes I even tried that flashed and waited for like about half n hour still nothing happened and then pressed the buttons and again gotthe stock recovery . By any chance do you know any permanent recovery for this phone , if you can just share the link

Check the permissions in developer options ON
1 : allow android debug mode,
2: allow mock locations .
3ownload temporary cwm and copy it to sd card
4: REBOOT RECOVERY.by holding volume up +power button
5:select update zip from sd card and select the zip file you copied in sd card ,
(see that you have CWM 2.0.2.8v because the updated one i.e CWM 2.0.4.8v did not worked for me .

if you want permanent recovery you must install cocore kernel. HERE IS THE LINK its FOR ANDROID GINGERBREAD ONLY
also you can read THIS THREAD FOR KERNEL INFO FOR ANDROID JELLY BEAN.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaksAnkit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaksAnkit Ad-Free
10th June 2016, 03:42 AM |#233  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Check the permissions in developer options ON
1 : allow android debug mode,
2: allow mock locations .
3ownload temporary cwm and copy it to sd card
4: REBOOT RECOVERY.by holding volume up +power button
5:select update zip from sd card and select the zip file you copied in sd card ,
(see that you have CWM 2.0.2.8v because the updated one i.e CWM 2.0.4.8v did not worked for me .

if you want permanent recovery you must install cocore kernel. HERE IS THE LINK its FOR ANDROID GINGERBREAD ONLY
also you can read THIS THREAD FOR KERNEL INFO FOR ANDROID JELLY BEAN.

I am having the same problem as siddharthsachdeva. I tried these steps you mentioned of enabling dev options etc, but didn't work. Phone doesn't reboot into CWM...
10th June 2016, 07:03 AM |#234  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghnogueira

I am having the same problem as siddharthsachdeva. I tried these steps you mentioned of enabling dev options etc, but didn't work. Phone doesn't reboot into CWM...

You can try a different way: install this http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...od-11-t3387424 It have an easy step by step guide and the rom include an updated CWM for install any other rom for S Advance.
10th June 2016, 02:33 PM |#235  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando84

You can try a different way: install this http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...od-11-t3387424 It have an easy step by step guide and the rom include an updated CWM for install any other rom for S Advance.

I have installed Resurrection Remix and a new kernel and got this, but thanks for your suggestion. As I'm having trouble with installing Gapps I might try this. Is it better than RR? Why not CM 12 or 13? Thanks!!!
10th June 2016, 02:47 PM |#236  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I've suggested you the Modded CyanogenMod 11 because it's the easiest to install, to give a simple solution, but you have already solved your problems and got to install Ressurection Remix, well done!

Modded Cyanogenmod 11 is lighter than Resurrection Remix (because KitKat is lighter than Lollipop and Marshmallow), so yeah, I think it's a little better.
14th June 2016, 05:34 PM |#237  
Flag City with Horns
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghnogueira

This is only temporary recovery for s advance so it vanishes after a reboot , you just have to flash it and use it then if you reboot you will have to flash it again for the second time use.
14th June 2016, 07:10 PM |#238  

More
Quote:

This is only temporary recovery for s advance so it vanishes after a reboot , you just have to flash it and use it then if you reboot you will have to flash it again for the second time use.

I don't think I made myself clear enough, then. The phone doesn't boot on CWM. Nothing happens after I flash the .zip file. The screen remains black. Therefore, when I force a reboot, I get stock recovery...
7th November 2016, 04:58 AM |#239  
Flag Shariatpur-Dhaka, Bangladesh
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
I have downloaded and flash it via stock recovery. It says
Stock recovery replacing with cwm recovery then it's gone totally black screen! !!........

(I have flash this update. Zip about 5months ago. Then previous week I have flash the stock JB rom.! Then the problem began. )
Plz help.!!!!!!!
7th November 2016, 10:00 PM |#240  
Thanks Meter: 234

More
If you need a recovery to install a rom, then you can simply install this, it's much easier.
22nd January 2017, 10:41 AM |#241  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiusss

If you need a recovery to install a rom, then you can simply install this, it's much easier.

Keep pressing the home button untill you see the recovery
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, galaxy s advance, gt-i9070, shaaan

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)