Thanks Meter: 134

Post Reply Email Thread
9th April 2015, 07:14 AM |#741  
OP Member
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 134

Donate to Me
More
Not looking good, none of the methods I've tried so far have even given me a boot animation

9th April 2015, 07:38 PM |#742  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsq

Not looking good, none of the methods I've tried so far have even given me a boot animation

That's a bummer to hear so far, but I'm staying hopeful! You were able to do it once before, so I wouldn't be surprised if you pulled some magic out of your sleeve for this one!
10th April 2015, 02:18 AM |#743  
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,486

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsq

Due to the way that Lollipop boots, I would bet that the aboot for lollipop is necessary...
26th April 2016, 07:57 PM |#744  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Guys i need help.
I have s4 i9505 not at&t (internacional) stock lolipop 5.0.1 and i install safestrap 3.75 and easybox, but when i reboot and when safestrap animation shows up i click on recovery but it boot in my sistem, not to safestrap...
How to fix this?
Maybe i didnt install proper version of safestrap or something else. ...
10th September 2016, 11:19 PM |#745  
Flag Traverse City
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

Dev's have lives outside this site, so you can't really expect anything. Though if jmsq decides to, it would probably happen when Safestrap supports Lollipop. You could technically flash it the same way we used it to flash 4.4 ROMs when we couldn't read /system on the 4.4 kernel, but that just opens up problems and room for error. Either way, don't expect anything until jmsq pops in himself. Then you won't be disappointed either way

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking. While demanding is a different story, however, that's not what he did. It was a simple question.

But if I were to add my 2 cents, I'd say that it probably wouldn't be possible for jmsq to give us a safestrap/flashfire-able GPE Lollipop ROM with what he has now. Different kernels, different problems to overcome. If I were a betting man, I'd say he'd have to start about 80% from scratch.
11th September 2016, 01:12 AM |#746  
Thanks Meter: 717

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LobotomyTH

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking. While demanding is a different story, however, that's not what he did. It was a simple question.

But if I were to add my 2 cents, I'd say that it probably wouldn't be possible for jmsq to give us a safestrap/flashfire-able GPE Lollipop ROM with what he has now. Different kernels, different problems to overcome. If I were a betting man, I'd say he'd have to start about 80% from scratch.

Never said there was any issues with asking, and I wasn't being condescending in my response. Just saying that you shouldn't expect it like it will automatically happen, as there are many obstacles in the way like you said. There was a bit of an attempt to start from scratch with a Cyanogen port that I tested in these forums here, but we didn't have the knowledge to get it up and running fully.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)