DNScrypt proxy for Android install

387 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

By Draygon, Senior Member on 24th June 2014, 10:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2016, 12:04 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 153

More
Someone mentioned here that dnscrypt works with afwall if you enable network for "root". Isn't this rather insecure? All the apps running as root are accessing whatever they like? Does it include android system and apps baked deep into system as well?

26th April 2016, 07:23 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
You can use it without root in Drony app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu

Someone mentioned here that dnscrypt works with afwall if you enable network for "root". Isn't this rather insecure? All the apps running as root are accessing whatever they like? Does it include android system and apps baked deep into system as well?

26th April 2016, 08:23 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 153

More
dnscrypt + afwall + orbot
Delete
28th July 2016, 02:03 AM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
how the things work which method should I use for android marshmallow, already tried tutorial from the dnscrypt but it seems the dns still using default
18th August 2016, 11:15 AM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys,

Is there any version that i can install on my android x64?
I have been looking for it for 2 days.
16th January 2017, 10:29 AM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Question
After a reconnection from mobile network the DNS-Server will be overwritten.
How can you you reset the DNS-Server to localhost again but automatic?
like setprop net.dns1 127.0.0.1 in terminal
Script?Afwall+?
21st February 2017, 10:29 AM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi,
After meddling with tons of method from the internet, finally I managed to install and use DNSCrypt on my OnePlus 3...yay
After this I'm planning to install it on my Nexus also and see how it goes.

It does involves enabling init.d support and quite a lot of shelling, but hey it works now.
28th February 2017, 07:25 AM |#78  
Flag México

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipley

Hi,
After meddling with tons of method from the internet, finally I managed to install and use DNSCrypt on my OnePlus 3...yay
After this I'm planning to install it on my Nexus also and see how it goes.

It does involves enabling init.d support and quite a lot of shelling, but hey it works now.

What steps have you taken to achieve this and in what version of Android, my friend?
1st March 2017, 08:14 AM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbraham

What steps have you taken to achieve this and in what version of Android, my friend?

- First of all, root it obviously
- After that, install busybox
- Busybox is a prerequisite so we can use tools to enable init.d support on the device. You may have notice that DNSCrypt uses init.d script to initialize. By default, most of Android devices disables the init.d support.
- Many tutorials suggest to use Universal init.d in order to manage init scripts and enable init.d support, but I found this unable to enable the support, so I used Term-Init (XDA Thread)
- The instructions for Term-Init uses an Android terminal emulator, but I found it easier to implement using adb shell. From here you can simply su and execute the shell script without having to fiddle around with SuperSU
- After you have successfully executed the Term-init script, when you go back to Universal Init.d it should show that now your kernel supports init.d. Provided that you have previously configured the DNSCrypt init script, DNSCrypt should be starting every time your phone boots. To check, you can get in adb shell again and do a nslookup and see if your phone use DNSCrypt as resolver

Pretty much like that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cipley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cipley Ad-Free
3rd March 2017, 10:16 PM |#80  
Flag México

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipley

- First of all, root it obviously
- After that, install busybox
- Busybox is a prerequisite so we can use tools to enable init.d support on the device. You may have notice that DNSCrypt uses init.d script to initialize. By default, most of Android devices disables the init.d support.
- Many tutorials suggest to use Universal init.d in order to manage init scripts and enable init.d support, but I found this unable to enable the support, so I used Term-Init (XDA Thread)
- The instructions for Term-Init uses an Android terminal emulator, but I found it easier to implement using adb shell. From here you can simply su and execute the shell script without having to fiddle around with SuperSU
- After you have successfully executed the Term-init script, when you go back to Universal Init.d it should show that now your kernel supports init.d. Provided that you have previously configured the DNSCrypt init script, DNSCrypt should be starting every time your phone boots. To check, you can get in adb shell again and do a nslookup and see if your phone use DNSCrypt as resolver

Pretty much like that

Excellent, thank you very much, my friend. I will try this end on my HTC10 with Nougat, to see how it works, the ROM I am running is the stock with modification for init.d support, it will be easier to start the script, I suppose. (;
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)