FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Easy guide to root your tablet and keep your warranty

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 36
 
By Stirius, Member on 23rd June 2014, 11:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th January 2016, 06:38 PM |#71  
Junior Member
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I tried but I got the following error:
================================================== =======
Waiting for towelroot to exploit...
error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported.
done

Checking if device is rooted...
Error: device not rooted
================================================== ========
Any ideas?

Thank you
 
 
14th February 2016, 11:49 AM |#72  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Freiherr

I tried but I got the following error:
================================================== =======
Waiting for towelroot to exploit...
error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported.
done

Checking if device is rooted...
Error: device not rooted
================================================== ========
Any ideas?

Thank you

hello roter freiherr,
are you successful with the downgrade or with your the root-experiments?
I have a lot of trouble to with my SGP512 with 5.1.1
14th February 2016, 01:27 PM |#73  
Junior Member
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot.Zwei

hello roter freiherr,
are you successful with the downgrade or with your the root-experiments?
I have a lot of trouble to with my SGP512 with 5.1.1

Unfortunately not

I had a lot troubles as well and I gave up... for now
19th February 2016, 04:18 AM |#74  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirius

I must write this guide because I spent yesterday 6 hours of doing all of following steps (together with 2 useless firmware flashes and other worthless stuff). Why? Because it was really complicated for someone who is not really familiar with all the names, definitions etc. I just wanted to have my tablet rooted, keep my warranty and use my external SD card without limitations. It is not easy but it is DIFFICULT to find these few steps on XDA forum in tens of topics with many information posts and garbage around.

Important thing is that you can do these steps WITHOUT loosing any data! (Which I lost yesterday because of my lacking information.)

Here we go (written without tablet around, so some things can be generalised):

I did it on Z2 Tablet 511, firmware .402 (no need to downgrade as I did at the beginning...)

1. Open up your device’s “Settings”. Now scroll to the bottom and tap “About phone” or “About tablet”. At the “About” screen, scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times. Make sure you tap seven times. You will then see a notice that you are now a developer.
2. Now you should have Developer options in the System settings. Go there, enable USB debugging.
3. Again in Settings go to Security options and allow installations from Uknown source.
4. Download Easy Root v5 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53448680 (guide is there also)
5. Download Backup TA v9.11 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292598 (optional for backing up your system info if you will later unlock your phone, install new ROMs etc. But if you need just root, it is not necessary. But it is recommended so you can be sure that you can get your tablet to the default status when it was bought and you can make a complaint in case something else will break down.)
6. Connect your tablet to your pc normally. Just have your tablet switched on and use USB cabel. Let it install all drivers.
7. Run Easy Root v5 (install.bat) and your tablet will be rooted in few seconds
8. For TA backup run Backup-TA.bat. Follow instructions and save your TA files. It will be created in the folder from which you run the applications. It is compressed in one file. Save it somewhere and keep it!
9. Reboot
10. If you want to use external card without limitations, install SD fix https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix

For common users who want to install apps which need root and do not want to install custom ROMs or do another tricky stuff this process is enough. Enjoy your tablet now .

There can be maybe some problems with drivers. Then you can try install PC Companion which should install everything for you. http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

Another thing from @stress40 who had also problems rooting the tablet:

1) I used easy root tool (on windows with Android SDK installed, ADB drivers etc)
2) extract easyroot v5 onto desktop (keeping extracted files together in a folder)
3) download towelroot.apk and put in Files folder of towelroot
4) reboot phone then plug in phone and double kick install.bat (so you get the ADB message on phone) and most importantly DON'T LET YOUR*PHONE*SCREEN*TURN*OFF (mine did so was stuck at waiting for phone but as soon as I turned it on it was fine) I was rooted in a few minutes after double clicking install.bat.

Hi there. I have a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet and I've tried this method but in the middle of it is telling me "error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported". What am I doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
19th February 2016, 08:04 PM |#75  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
I hate it when the whole OP is quoted.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CAL7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CAL7 Ad-Free
27th April 2016, 07:02 PM |#76  
TimeTurn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Can someone please update this for Marshmallow?
The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTurn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TimeTurn Ad-Free
28th April 2016, 09:00 PM |#77  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTurn

Can someone please update this for Marshmallow?

+ support
29th June 2016, 02:52 PM |#78  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
How to root Xperia z2 SGP511 with 23.5.A.0.575?
Appreciate, Could someone give me correct steps to follow for above?
1st July 2016, 04:30 PM |#79  
sofir786's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 230
 
More
Currently as far as I know there is no way to manually to root the marshmallow firmware. There are some builds here that are prerooted. I personally bought this tablet second hand with 5.1.1 on it, I installed the rootable lollipop firmware installed dual recovery and flashed the prerooted marshmallow firmware, which is all running fine, only thing is that custom recovery is not working on this firmware

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA-Developers mobile app
2nd November 2016, 08:39 PM |#80  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Please help. I've tried this but I'm stuck. It says "Waiting for Device." But my tablet is plugged in via the USB. I can view files in Computer but I can't get this install.bat to recognize that it's plugged in. My tablet is on and active.

My tablet is a Sony Xperia Z2, model SGP561
Android version 4.4.2 (I'd really like Marshmallow)
Build number 17.01.D.0.437
Hardware version: 1280-1946.1

Any help here?
4th November 2016, 07:14 AM |#81  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofir786

Currently as far as I know there is no way to manually to root the marshmallow firmware. There are some builds here that are prerooted. I personally bought this tablet second hand with 5.1.1 on it, I installed the rootable lollipop firmware installed dual recovery and flashed the prerooted marshmallow firmware, which is all running fine, only thing is that custom recovery is not working on this firmware

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA-Developers mobile app

TWRP is working on this rooted Firmware

Gesendet von meinem SGP511 mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabinka

Please help. I've tried this but I'm stuck. It says "Waiting for Device." But my tablet is plugged in via the USB. I can view files in Computer but I can't get this install.bat to recognize that it's plugged in. My tablet is on and active.

My tablet is a Sony Xperia Z2, model SGP561
Android version 4.4.2 (I'd really like Marshmallow)
Build number 17.01.D.0.437
Hardware version: 1280-1946.1

Any help here?

Have you got the Popup to authorize the connection?

Gesendet von meinem SGP511 mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes