FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ HTC One | HTC 10 | U11 / U11+ | U12+]

33,233 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,170

By hamdir, Recognized Contributor on 7th August 2013, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2016, 08:32 PM |#44481  
Thanks Meter: 192

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exocetdj

Cheers for the confirmation buddy

I wonder how many complaints are in the s7 forums hahaha

the only time i've noticed ghosting on my s7 edge was scrolling against a black background
1st May 2016, 09:07 PM |#44482  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Here at a lot of Bell stores, they lack a real display unit. Most of the time it's a dummy and it's shoved among a pile of other Android phones while the G5, S7 and iPhones take the corners and have their own stands. Not a good way to promote the phone, Bell and HTC....
The Following User Says Thank You to Gorgenapper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gorgenapper Ad-Free
1st May 2016, 09:09 PM |#44483  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 588

More
Driving navigated and aided with a larger hTc 10 screen is even more pleasure.. [spoiler] [/spoiler] Plugging hTc 10 into PC is probably more convenience either.. [spoiler] [/spoiler]

Sent from my hTc 10 ..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jauhien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jauhien Ad-Free
1st May 2016, 09:13 PM |#44484  
Flag Castlegar
Thanks Meter: 1,252

More
I had a hell of a time getting "pink shift" to show up on the Bell floor model. I like that beside the slider you get 2 screen modes to try from. It had retail mode running so I was unable to access screen brightness settings.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jmitr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jmitr Ad-Free
1st May 2016, 10:53 PM |#44485  
Thanks Meter: 438

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb

I am afraid they don't have enough software devs in their team, the proof is that they stopped updating beloved HTC apps like Gallery,Car and Music. They perhaps even fired some of the already slim devs team. Well apple has 100 guys preparing the camera app while HTC has 10 guys preparing the whole software, also don't forget that because of the Vive they had to invest money on another team instead on focusing on the phone devs and increase it.
Sooner or later the 10 will have a better camera with fixed focus and better thermals, BTW did you clean the focus lens? can you compare the thermals with M9? I hope it's not that bad

I spoked with htc staff and they said their apps will be getting future support and updates available via playstore. They didnt want to install them on stock htc 10 but people will still have that option in the future
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrazyCypher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CrazyCypher Ad-Free
1st May 2016, 10:58 PM |#44486  
Flag Walsall
Thanks Meter: 1,228

More
Might also be worth considering that they will continuing installing HTC apps on mid range and budget phones. The route of Android with Sense could be limited to their top end phones??
1st May 2016, 11:04 PM |#44487  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,392

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCypher

I spoked with htc staff and they said their apps will be getting future support and updates available via playstore. They didnt want to install them on stock htc 10 but people will still have that option in the future

Best news of the week

Sent from my HTC One A9 using XDA Free mobile app
1st May 2016, 11:24 PM |#44488  
Thanks Meter: 256

More
What is the equivalent of the HTC's hi-res earbuds? (Among known earphones)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA-Developers mobile app
2nd May 2016, 12:03 AM |#44489  
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromancer

What is the equivalent of the HTC's hi-res earbuds? (Among known earphones)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Well we don't know exactly how good they are yet, I'd assume that they'll be at least as good as Apple's Earpods, hopefully better. The short answer is that it really depends on what you want to spend. You can spend $20 on a pair that just gets the job done, all the way up to $2000 or more for the highest of the high end audiophile stuff.
2nd May 2016, 12:21 AM |#44490  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 27,170

More
here we go, after a week of hell, this finally landed here today (TW 32GB)

photos taken by the M9S:

my 10 rave fitbag arrives on Tuesday but my trusty old M8 one works as well

I need to express my thanks for @imOJ for all the trouble he went through to help me get this, this guy rocks and i love Dubai!

phenomenal build quality, this must be the first time i've unboxed an HTC flagships with zero QC quirks, despite all the beauty shots and my work on the 3D render it still hit me, the buttons are simply insane like an expensive piece of machinery, the chamfer makes the phone feels so slim and the weight is the same for M8 / M9 carriers, the grey and the black 2.5D glass combo is simple drool inducing, those getting the silver white are making a huge mistake, there are no plastics to be seen and even the plastic patch on top is awesome

the box looks the same as the M9 from the outside but the inside is fancier, soft coated and much better organized, all the included stuff QC 3.0 charger, earbuds and Type-C cable feels much fancier than previous devices, by the time you finish unboxing one conclusion is clear, this is new chapter for HTC

the camera out of box is nothing like we've seen lately so i've skipped testing it and installing 1.30 before i touch it

the screen is on the surface and anyone thinking otherwise is lying to himself, the screen looks pinkish out of box for few reasons: auto brightness and the vivid mode, i have spent half an hour testing various settings, angles and doing comparisons which i will show you tomorrow but for now: I have strong evidence that this a matter of glue, actually its right there in @jmitr photos

once you raise the brightness to full and change your settings the screen will impress, i agree with David Ruddock, Vivid mode sucks! it's almost disgusting so i have switched to sRGB mode which is gorgeous and the temp slider to full cold, never seen such good whites, even with sRGB it's still greatly saturated vs M9, in short with sRGB this is extremely close to the iPhone, the coolest bit? using it at full brightness with auto disabled doesnt warm the screen at all (suggesting that the screen brightness is capped with the real full reserved for the sun)

ghosting...sadly its true, its a regression from the M9 but hey i've spent the year fighting with everyone here who refused to believe that the M9 screen is much better versus the M8 in terms of smoothness feel ie: refresh rate, so if you worship the M8 screen you will have no problem as the 10 is better than the M8 just not as good as the M9 in terms of ghosting

speakers: OMG, just ignore all the non sense you've read, its LOUD, louder than the M9 and the sound is much crisper, its just not dimensional like the M9 but its clearer and louder from every angle, finally music mode makes the difference, it sounds like stereo, the default theatre mode is inferior to the M9, we have yet another incident of reviewers being too lazy to switch a stupid setting

more tomorrow
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdir Ad-Free
2nd May 2016, 12:25 AM |#44491  
Flag Dallas, TX.
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

here we go, after a week of hell, this finally landed here today (TW 32GB)

Lawd, the carbon grey is sexy. Can't wait to get mine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, htc 10, htc one, info, knowledge base, m9 m8 m7 m4 t6 m10 perfume, nvidia tegra, ocean u ultra, qualcomm snapdragon adreno, sense zoe ultrapixel imagesense, u11 u11+ u12+, usonic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)