FORUMS

HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ HTC One | HTC 10 | U11 / U11+ | U12+]

33,248 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,191

By hamdir, Recognized Contributor on 7th August 2013, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2016, 11:24 PM |#44471  
Thanks Meter: 257

More
What is the equivalent of the HTC's hi-res earbuds? (Among known earphones)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA-Developers mobile app
2nd May 2016, 12:03 AM |#44472  
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromancer

What is the equivalent of the HTC's hi-res earbuds? (Among known earphones)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Well we don't know exactly how good they are yet, I'd assume that they'll be at least as good as Apple's Earpods, hopefully better. The short answer is that it really depends on what you want to spend. You can spend $20 on a pair that just gets the job done, all the way up to $2000 or more for the highest of the high end audiophile stuff.
2nd May 2016, 12:21 AM |#44473  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut

More
here we go, after a week of hell, this finally landed here today (TW 32GB)

photos taken by the M9S:

my 10 rave fitbag arrives on Tuesday but my trusty old M8 one works as well

I need to express my thanks for @imOJ for all the trouble he went through to help me get this, this guy rocks and i love Dubai!

phenomenal build quality, this must be the first time i've unboxed an HTC flagships with zero QC quirks, despite all the beauty shots and my work on the 3D render it still hit me, the buttons are simply insane like an expensive piece of machinery, the chamfer makes the phone feels so slim and the weight is the same for M8 / M9 carriers, the grey and the black 2.5D glass combo is simple drool inducing, those getting the silver white are making a huge mistake, there are no plastics to be seen and even the plastic patch on top is awesome

the box looks the same as the M9 from the outside but the inside is fancier, soft coated and much better organized, all the included stuff QC 3.0 charger, earbuds and Type-C cable feels much fancier than previous devices, by the time you finish unboxing one conclusion is clear, this is new chapter for HTC

the camera out of box is nothing like we've seen lately so i've skipped testing it and installing 1.30 before i touch it

the screen is on the surface and anyone thinking otherwise is lying to himself, the screen looks pinkish out of box for few reasons: auto brightness and the vivid mode, i have spent half an hour testing various settings, angles and doing comparisons which i will show you tomorrow but for now: I have strong evidence that this a matter of glue, actually its right there in @jmitr photos

once you raise the brightness to full and change your settings the screen will impress, i agree with David Ruddock, Vivid mode sucks! it's almost disgusting so i have switched to sRGB mode which is gorgeous and the temp slider to full cold, never seen such good whites, even with sRGB it's still greatly saturated vs M9, in short with sRGB this is extremely close to the iPhone, the coolest bit? using it at full brightness with auto disabled doesnt warm the screen at all (suggesting that the screen brightness is capped with the real full reserved for the sun)

ghosting...sadly its true, its a regression from the M9 but hey i've spent the year fighting with everyone here who refused to believe that the M9 screen is much better versus the M8 in terms of smoothness feel ie: refresh rate, so if you worship the M8 screen you will have no problem as the 10 is better than the M8 just not as good as the M9 in terms of ghosting

speakers: OMG, just ignore all the non sense you've read, its LOUD, louder than the M9 and the sound is much crisper, its just not dimensional like the M9 but its clearer and louder from every angle, finally music mode makes the difference, it sounds like stereo, the default theatre mode is inferior to the M9, we have yet another incident of reviewers being too lazy to switch a stupid setting

more tomorrow
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdir Ad-Free
2nd May 2016, 12:25 AM |#44474  
Flag Dallas, TX.
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

Lawd, the carbon grey is sexy. Can't wait to get mine.
2nd May 2016, 12:28 AM |#44475  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
What, no picture of you with a big smile? The black looks nice. Can't wait for you to post some pictures and some raw images.
2nd May 2016, 12:47 AM |#44476  
Beirut

More
refresh my post i have posted some feedback

for now
2nd May 2016, 01:08 AM |#44477  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Nice review!! Now I wonder if I should have gotten the Carbon Grey instead of Glacial Silver + Black front....... how tough is the anodized color, will it scuff or scratch off?
2nd May 2016, 01:11 AM |#44478  
Thanks Meter: 336

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

my 10 rave fitbag arrives on Tuesday but my trusty old M8 one works as well

I need to express my thanks for @imOJ for all the trouble he went through to help me get this, this guy rocks and i love Dubai!

phenomenal build quality, this must be the first time i've unboxed an HTC flagships with zero QC quirks, despite all the beauty shots and my work on the 3D render it still hit me, the buttons are simply insane like an expensive piece of machinery, the chamfer makes the phone feels so slim and the weight is the same for M8 / M9 carriers, the grey and the black 2.5D glass combo is simple drool inducing, those getting the silver white are making a huge mistake, there are no plastics to be seen and even the plastic patch on top is awesome

the box looks the same as the M9 from the outside but the inside is fancier, soft coated and much better organized, all the included stuff QC 3.0 charger, earbuds and Type-C cable feels much fancier than previous devices, by the time you finish unboxing one conclusion is clear, this is new chapter for HTC

the camera out of box is nothing like we've seen lately so i've skipped testing it and installing 1.30 before i touch it

the screen is on the surface and anyone thinking otherwise is lying to himself, the screen looks pinkish out of box for few reasons: auto brightness and the vivid mode, i have spent half an hour testing various settings, angles and doing comparisons which i will show you tomorrow but for now: I have strong evidence that this a matter of glue, actually its right there in @jmitr photos

once you raise the brightness to full and change your settings the screen will impress, i agree with David Ruddock, Vivid mode sucks! it's almost disgusting so i have switched to sRGB mode which is gorgeous and the temp slider to full cold, never seen such good whites, even with sRGB it's still greatly saturated vs M9, in short with sRGB this is extremely close to the iPhone, the coolest bit? using it at full brightness with auto disabled doesnt warm the screen at all (suggesting that the screen brightness is capped with the real full reserved for the sun)

ghosting...sadly its true, its a regression from the M9 but hey i've spent the year fighting with everyone here who refused to believe that the M9 screen is much better versus the M8 in terms of smoothness feel ie: refresh rate, so if you worship the M8 screen you will have no problem as the 10 is better than the M8 just not as good as the M9 in terms of ghosting

speakers: OMG, just ignore all the non sense you've read, its LOUD, louder than the M9 and the sound is much crisper, its just not dimensional like the M9 but its clearer and louder from every angle, finally music mode makes the difference, it sounds like stereo, the default theatre mode is inferior to the M9, we have yet another incident of reviewers being too lazy to switch a stupid setting

more tomorrow

You might as well do a full YouTube reviews others are bias... Hehe

Can I get your twitter, G+ so I can follow?
Thanks
2nd May 2016, 01:15 AM |#44479  
Beirut

More
HTC10 early adopters, trust me on this:

first thing to do with your 10

- Switch to sRGB full brightness, disable auto mode, set temp to full cold, best whites ever!

- Switch to music mode
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdir Ad-Free
2nd May 2016, 01:16 AM |#44480  
Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsix

You might as well do a full YouTube reviews others are bias... Hehe

Can I get your twitter, G+ so I can follow?
Thanks

everything in my sig
2nd May 2016, 01:28 AM |#44481  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 870

More
Quote:

everything in my sig

What panel did you end up with?

Just curious if there are two different ones on the 10...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, htc 10, htc one, info, knowledge base, m9 m8 m7 m4 t6 m10 perfume, nvidia tegra, ocean u ultra, qualcomm snapdragon adreno, sense zoe ultrapixel imagesense, u11 u11+ u12+, usonic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)