Teclast X98 3G - 9.7" Retina 22nm Intel x64 Bay Trail Android tablet

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By avich, Junior Member on 10th May 2014, 07:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th March 2016, 07:01 PM |#601  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Thanks for the KitKat update guide (HKC1)! Just updated from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 just in 30 min or less.

Is there Lollipop rom for HKC1 variant?

3rd April 2016, 11:16 AM |#602  

More
Has anyone tried to install Android x86 build next to Windows 10? I have tried Android x86 Lollipop 5.1 build with Intel Atom N270 1,6Ghz laptop (1,5Gb ram) and it was working very well. What I have been googling is that Intel Bay Trail should be supported with Android x86.
5th April 2016, 01:27 AM |#603  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello...i think i made a mistake and i will pay it!
I made the procedure from page 56 android/windows without making "c" and "d" steps because i have Viva i10g and after i have installed windows i run fptw android flash..and know i get only intel inside!!!
any solution?!
can i flash android firmware and how?!
Thanks
11th April 2016, 10:04 PM |#604  
Flag Torrevieja

More
I tried to put Windows on the tablet and for this, I have put first rom 1.12.
After I installed the BIOS and I have been brick tablet.
I do not normally detected by the computer or picking, or by pressing volume +, volume- and power.
Now I always get what I put in the picture.
Brick
The Windows Device Manager does not detect the tablet in any way and therefore neither FlashTools or Adb not work.
Someone has gone through something similar or have an idea of how to recover the tablet?
17th April 2016, 02:01 PM |#605  

More
Greetings to everyone.
I spent a 3g model X98 HKC2 told me the factory owner with win10 sell me ... but made a factory reset ... and sat down fatal '...In short I will not start the Windows 10 and stays in loop .. .
I`tried to boot into fast boot but does not enter ....
Any ideas?...
thanks in advance..
25th April 2016, 10:58 AM |#606  

More
So close to Dual Boot!
EDIT: We already have dual boot. Check out from HERE
Old message:

Hi!

I have almost working dual boot on my Teclast X98 3G (HK1). I have installed Windows 10 Pro (32-bit) AND Android x86 4.4-r3. I installed Android using Android-x86 Installer (UEFI Version). The Android 4.4 boots up nicely but there is one BIG problem. Android doesn't detect power supply or battery so when the Android boots up (the language menu appears) it will immediately force shutdown. It doesn't matter if usb charger is connected or not. It will always shutdown.

This might be some kind of driver issue so does anyone know where I could find other battery drivers for Teclast X98 3G for testing? Then we could finally have dual boot system!

There is newer Android x86 5.1-rc1 but it doesn't boot at all. Same thing goes for Remix OS.

EDIT: Now I'm able to boot Lollipop! I made ext4 partition to my hard drive and now Lollipop is able to boot! However the tablet turns off immediately since it doesn't detect battery. It shows 0%.
27th April 2016, 12:13 PM |#607  

More
Fully working 3G connection on Windows 10
How to make 3G connection working in Windows 10 on Teclast X98 3G:
First check out the Windows 10 info. You need a Teclast BIOS 11.09.2014. (Onda 911 doesn't have 3G support).
  1. Install 3G drivers (Comneon_High_Speed_Modem_Driver)
    • Use compatibility mode: right-click on "Setup.exe" => properties => compatibility => Windows 7 => OK, and then double-click "Setup.exe" to install the driver
  2. Open the Control Panel
  3. Select Phone and Modem
  4. Switch to the "Modem" tab
  5. Click "Properties"
  6. Click "change settings"
  7. Switch to the "Advanced" tab
  8. Enter the "Extra initialization commands" in the following command, Replace the access point name to your carrier (mine was "internet.saunalahti" in Finland):
    • AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","access point name"
  9. Click determine
  10. Re-open the modem properties, and switch to the "Diagnostics tab"
  11. Click on "Query Modem"
    • There should be "success" and something like: + GMM: "H350 HSPA + Module", "H350",
  12. APN setting is completed then open the Control Panel
  13. Select the "Network and Sharing Center"
  14. Set up a new connection or network
  15. Connect to the internet => Next
  16. Set up a new connection (if not connected to a network, skip this step)
  17. Dialing (using the dial-up modem or ISDN connections)
  18. Fill dial a phone number "* 99 #" without the quotes, leave the others empty, then => Next

Done!
Original guide HERE.

If you want a 3G connection strenght bar you can use this software:Original guide HERE.

Old message:
EDIT: Possibly found working Android x86 files for Teclast X98 3G: No, same force shutdown problem... Downloading is just damn slow

I found a hacky way to dual boot Android and Windows. You can find the guide from Teclast forum HERE. The download links are dead so we can't use them. However we basicly have everything that we need.
Hacky way Dual Boot

Another way to Dual Boot is to use Android x86 build. I'm currently working on this. I found that Carbon Jiao made a "working" build for Teclas X98 3G. Check it out HERE. Carbon Jiao managed to solve "force shutdown" problem which I'm currently suffering.
Android x86 4.4.4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3G määrittäminen.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	3734177  
1st May 2016, 04:48 PM |#608  

More
Quote:

EDIT: Now I'm able to boot Lollipop! I made ext4 partition to my hard drive and now Lollipop is able to boot! However the tablet turns off immediately since it doesn't detect battery. It shows 0%.

Wow sounds great.
Maybe i can provide drivers from my running HKC1. maybe we can load some drivers in android x86.
2nd May 2016, 11:20 AM |#609  

More
Working Dual Boot (Win 10 and Android 4.4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereus

Wow sounds great.
Maybe i can provide drivers from my running HKC1. maybe we can load some drivers in android x86.

No Lollipop yet but finally a working dual boot (Android x86 4.4.4)! I believe that we are now able to run Lollipop 5.1 also but there is some work to do.

UPDATED 24.5.2016
Now we have working Marshmallow 6.0.1 and CM13 builds. You can find it from HERE.

Here is a working build for Teclast X98 3G (HKC1): android_x86_4.4_r3_Onda_V975i_V2 (284.7MB)
  • Working: Touch, WiFi, sounds, sd-card, battery level indicator, power and home buttons, video acceleration, brightness control, accelerometer (but it is upside down)
  • Not working: 3G, bluetooth, cameras, volume buttons
This build has GAPPS installed and NO force shutdown anymore . Here is a short guide:
  1. Make a FAT32 partition to your main drive using MiniTool Partition Wizard. (I made 8Gb)
  2. Install Android x86 4.4-r3 EFI to FAT32 partition using Android-x86 Installer UEFI Version. (I selected 3.5Gb for "Data size")
    • With this method we get touch drivers from 4.4-r3 build and easier install process. (Previously method had laggy touch)
  3. After installation copy and replace "kernel", "initrd", "ramdisk" and "system" from "android_x86_4.4_r3_Onda_V975i_V2" folder to "AndroidOS" folder. Then delete system.sfs from "AndroidOS" folder
  4. Then reboot to Android like this:
    1. Open Settings, and click on the Update & security icon.
    2. Click on Recovery on the left side, and click on Restart now under Advanced startup on the right side.
    3. Select "Use a device"
    4. Select "Android-OS"
      Now your tablet will reboot to Android
    Pictures:

I have made a shotcut to the desktop which leads me directly to the step 3. Select "Use a device". You can download Advanced_Startup_shortcut.zip from HERE.

We are able to fix volume buttons since they are working on this build: android-x86-kitkat-rtl8723bs-kernel_3.18.2 (333M). There is also sources for bluetooth so it should be possible to fix it. However I think that we are not able to fix cameras and 3G.

For Lollipop we need to rebuild drivers from android_x86_4.4_r3_Onda_V975i_V2 to Android x86 5.1-rc1. That is not easy job but possible. There is already Lollipop 5.0.2 builds which partly works on our tablet:
android_5.0.2x86.iso (338M)
  • Working: WiFi, Touch
  • Not working: Sound, Video Acceleration
android_x86-5.0.2-knr18.iso (252M)
  • Working: Touch, Video Acceleration
  • Not working: WiFi, Sound
android_x86_5.0.2-knrl3.18+gapps.iso (367M)
  • Working: Touch, Video Acceleration
  • Not working: WiFi, Sound
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash-A-Holic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flash-A-Holic Ad-Free
8th May 2016, 09:58 AM |#610  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by interfoli

I tried to put Windows on the tablet and for this, I have put first rom 1.12.
After I installed the BIOS and I have been brick tablet.
I do not normally detected by the computer or picking, or by pressing volume +, volume- and power.
Now I always get what I put in the picture.

Brick

The Windows Device Manager does not detect the tablet in any way and therefore neither FlashTools or Adb not work.
Someone has gone through something similar or have an idea of how to recover the tablet?

connect a usb hub with keyboard and windows boot stick. press "delete" during boot. in bios use boot from usb and Windows will install.

has anyone the problem with extreme battery drain with windows 10? i have to power off the tablet to charge. with Windows running, even in power save, the charging current is to lower than what the tablet needs.
8th May 2016, 10:22 AM |#611  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereus

has anyone the problem with extreme battery drain with windows 10? i have to power off the tablet to charge. with Windows running, even in power save, the charging current is to lower than what the tablet needs.

I did have that problem but this fixed it. Have you done this yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihaiolimpiu

4. BATTERY DRAIN FIX UNDER WINDOWS (thanks to vpx)
The main problem is very old (year 2006) driver of "Intel SD Host Controller", they are 3 in Device manager. Only thing what you need is update driver.

• start Computer Management (hold My Computer and select Manage)
  • select Device management
  • find SD Controllers, if you click on it, there are 3 "Intel SD Host Controller"s
  • hold on every one controller, select "Update Driver", select driver from computer, and there is another option "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller", install driver, confirm restart of computer after last update install.
  • reboot

BTW I found fix for upside down accelerometer on Android x86. Still need to figure out how to implent. I have also tried to collect needed drivers for Lollipop build and I have found some:
WiFi: https://github.com/hadess/rtl8723bs
Touchscreen: https://github.com/hadess/gt9xx
Accelometer: https://github.com/hadess/iio-sensor-proxy
Sound: https://github.com/AdamWill/baytrail...a/t100_B.state
Battery patch: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachme...31&action=diff

Since I don't have much spare time I can't rebuild Lollipop right now. Actually I don't even have proper skills for development yet. However I'm planning to do it later. Now I'm trying to get Lollipop 5.0.2 build to work on our tablet.

My plan is to swap needed files from working 4.4.4 build. I already have WiFi file: r8723bs.ko. Still looking for sound. Then we could have Lollipop 5.0.2 with working Touch, Wifi, Sound and Video Acceleration. Not perfect but something.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash-A-Holic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flash-A-Holic Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
p98-air

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)