[Guide][Root+CWM] Samsung Trend plus GT-S7580

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

By djcliccone, Junior Member on 23rd January 2014, 02:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th January 2016, 12:43 PM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
OK Thanks I will try .. is it possible only to extract it or I must use odin...?

i wonna flash it via terminal so, if I remane it *.tar and extract i wil see recovery.img but is it possible this file use and flash via terminal ?

15th January 2016, 05:41 PM |#142  
Flag Tomelilla
Thanks Meter: 101

More
You can extract the .img and flash. Why use terminal? I use rashr for this purpose, its in the play store. Good luck
16th February 2016, 08:52 AM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Stock Recovery does not die
Quote:

This root completely compatible with xxuaml3, but not much for xxubna3...

Hello everyone, I'm trying to flash via Odin the CWM recovery in order to root my phone. Then I would like to switch to TWRP since it is the suggested recovery to flash CM11 (I read it is quite stable now).

Unfortunately, I got stuck at the very beginning.... When I flash via Odin and restart in recovery mode, I just find the old stock recovery. There is nothing I can do, I followed the instruction in the first page, I also try to rename a specific file via Root Explorer but, since I don't have any root access, I can't change that file name (it's in a system folder).

The quote I inserted could be the solution... at the moment i'm using the latest firmware available for Italy, which is XXUBOA1, so now i'm downloading the elder firmware XXUAML3 (from Malaysia I guess....), I will flash it via Odin and then, afer the initial system set-up, I will try to flash again the recovey,

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you in advance guys.

PS. I tryed to flash also TWRP but I faced the same problem
16th February 2016, 01:22 PM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Ok guys, after several attempts I solved the problem. I installed correctly TWRP, which is a much more user-friendly recovery (touch is enabled, better UI...) and it is also stable and fully compatible with Android 2.2.x and 4.4.x. Then I rooted the phone and installed CM11, which is at its penultimate build, the developer from the CM forum said he will release the EOL version in March. If you agree, I could spent one hour of my life collecting screenshots and useful links in order to write new updated guides, called [ROOT + TWRP] Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus and [CM 11 ] Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus. I will post these guides in this section (seems to be the best place, since our device has no "private" section on XDA).
3rd March 2016, 11:58 PM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Odin does not see the phone...

Its a driver issue: Which is the one for Windows 7 64 bit? It does not get installed.
2nd May 2016, 01:00 PM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hey guys! I was facing this mobile two nights ago. Here's my experience in order to future users that may find this useful.

So, I tried to update this from Gingerbread to CM Kitkat (cm-11-20160306-UNOFFICIAL-kylepro.zip, md5sum 5e1aefea8210bf82e55d6b7688f7fe3f) and every time I had one step forward, I got two backwards. I'm on Linux, so I tried to install Odin on a VirtualBox machine and flash the phone from it. But, when the phone was set on download mode, VirtualBox won't allow to the guest to recognize this:

Code:
"failed to created a proxy device for the usb device"
So I tried Odin on a native Windows 10 machine, without success. Every time I attempted to flash the recovery, the big red FAIL message appeared.

Hence, I discovered Heimdall, which is available on Linux. Good, under Linux I was able to update the phone with this tool, paying attention to this:
  1. Compile it from source, or heimdall will complain with messages like this:
    Code:
    ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst receiving packet.
  2. Disable temporarily cdc_acm module [source]
  3. (Don't confirmed, but I think it will help :P) Add the following rules to your udev (e.g, create a file /etc/udev/rules/80-heimdall.rules)
    Code:
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device", MODE="0666"
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="04e8", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"
  4. In order to get KitKat working, you need TWRP as the recovery image, because CWM will complain with a message like this every time you try to install the CM image:
    Code:
    Can't install this package on top of incompatible data.

With these premises:
  1. On the Phone side:
    - Set it on ODIN mode:
    * Power it off
    * Press Vol down + Home + Power until a yellow ! exclamation arises
    * Vol up
    - Plug your phone to the Linux machine
  2. On the linux machine:
    - Unzip the TWRP file, and untar the resulting file. The final file shall be called recovery.img, and have this md5sum: 178ff9ea60d4bc08e86d3700f42f3426
    - Execute heimdall as root
    * Utilities tab
    / Detect device. Confirm that the message box says "Device detected"
    / Select a destination file path for the PIT
    / Click on Download once this button is available
    * Flash tab
    / Open the PIT file
    / Click on ADD and select RECOVERY. On File browse, select the "recovery.img".
    / Tick the "No reboot" checkbox
    / Click "Start"

If no problem arised, you should have the TWRP as the recovery partition. Then, you should perform a full Wipe of your phone (backup your data first) and install the ROM as usual.
The Following User Says Thank You to pacorrop For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pacorrop Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm recovery, root, s7580, samsung galaxy trend plus
Previous Thread Next Thread