update available 1.21.405.2

Search This thread

moran679

Jan 12, 2010
I just tried to check for updates for my desire (unrooted) and I saw that I can update to 1.21.405.2.

UPDATE:
It seems that the update is only available for the EU unbranded roms.

Changes reported:
- Updates bootloader to 0.80
- New radio image
- New youtube app with HQ option (1.6.20E).
- Fixed htc's weather widget (integrated into clock&weather widget) not knowing where you are (1.15.xxx just said the name of the country in some countries).
- SMS issue (from non-numerical senders) is resolved.
- fixed random contact showing when receiving operator SMS.
- fixes the voicemail bug for the French carrier SFR (short voicemail number used to call 911/emergency).
- Messages app now shows a count on the number of messages in the SMS inbox.
- calendar/contacts bug - unable to store contact's birthday - has been fixed.
- Long click on the menu button when in home screen now doesnt pop up the keyboard, like it uselessly did before.
- SMS reader does not show the little smiley androids any more - just the mere types.
- Exchange Company Address Book is now properly working. Was unable to use before the update.
- They have disabled the snooze function on the Optical trackpad for calendar events. This means that it is now possible to have the phone in your pocket without accidentally snoozing the alarms.

Known issues:
- OTA update on debranded/rooted roms resolves in wifi not working - debranded may be specific for orange.
- Doesnt fully charge for the first couple of times, probably a calibiration thing, it's ok after 3-5 charges.

Last edited:

LBTaylor1984

Aug 22, 2005
London
OOO thats new I checked this morning and it wasn't there.

this is an up date for HTC Applications, well thats what it says.

27.2 mb can't be a big deal.

Last edited:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
I'm on it now, seems fine...the MCR custom ROMs are based on it but I got bored of them so went stock

cmonthegas

May 19, 2010
Updating to 1.21.405.2 changes your bootloader to 0.80 and currently it is unavailable to downgrade back to 0.75.

This means that if you ever want to run an RUU to revert back to stock you won't be able to since that requires a 0.75 bootloader.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
You can get the stock 1.21.405.2 ROM from my sig so you can go back whenever needed...you just cant go back to 1.15.405.4

LBTaylor1984

Aug 22, 2005
London
well atleast this shows progress at the HTC camp. Real question is whether this is it, or is it work around the 2.2 update?

abc27

Apr 16, 2010

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
It was posted in ROM Dev about 3 weeks ago now, maybe longer...

EDIT: 19th May

Last edited:

tomcat84

May 20, 2010
Im on o2, too. Hope they will get this update soon.

Not that its a big thing... but it would make me feel optimistic for future updates (2.2?) if theyd get this done quickly... :)

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
the O2 Desire is pretty much brand new so won't have an update yet - it's going to be HTC bringing the other units up to speed...

tuatha

Apr 17, 2010
so what is this update???? Anyone:confused:

Minor fixes. New radio image. New youtube app with HQ option (with a widget that doesn't work if you're logged in to your account). New bootloader. Fixed Facebook/unknown contact issue (haven't verified this personally).

I flashed the rom from the dev forum a couple of days ago, but haven't noticed any other changes yet.

The news widget still doesn't update automatically.

dexteral

Aug 23, 2009
Minor fixes. New radio image. New youtube app with HQ option (with a widget that doesn't work if you're logged in to your account). New bootloader. Fixed Facebook/unknown contact issue (haven't verified this personally).

I flashed the rom from the dev forum a couple of days ago, but haven't noticed any other changes yet.

The news widget still doesn't update automatically.

edit: i think speaker is also louder ... though it may just be me

Last edited:

Aitese

Apr 15, 2010
London
Ah well...that will teach me to be fast.

Updated via 3G at work. Got home and just realised my Wifi no longer works. Refuses to start after the update. Tried several reboots...nothing.

It doesn't even TRY to start, as soon as you select the check box to enable Wifi it instantly says "Unable to start Wi-Fi"

This sucks.

msc4985

Dec 18, 2007
Re: updating to 1.21.405.2, should I?

Just updated, and I can now see Google earth in the market place, perhaps just simple coincidence :)

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App