[HOW TO] Using Light flow on HTC One M8

Search This thread

Andyw2100

Feb 11, 2008
Changed the instructions for Android 5.0.
Any chance you have or will be getting an M10? If so, would you consider starting another thread, with instructions for the M10? Bonus points if you or someone can also get LightFlow to do anything useful with the LED on an unrooted M10. (I've been trying all day, and am ready to throw the phone at a wall!)

Thanks!

djr83

Mar 4, 2010
Any chance you have or will be getting an M10? If so, would you consider starting another thread, with instructions for the M10? Bonus points if you or someone can also get LightFlow to do anything useful with the LED on an unrooted M10. (I've been trying all day, and am ready to throw the phone at a wall!)

Thanks!
I already have a Nexus 6P but if someone is willing to donate so I can get a HTC 10 I will make a new thread for it (if it's even possible to do this on the 10).
But it's an expensive phone so I wouldn't hold my breath on enough people prepared to donate...

Andyw2100

Feb 11, 2008
I already have a Nexus 6P but if someone is willing to donate so I can get a HTC 10 I will make a new thread for it (if it's even possible to do this on the 10).
But it's an expensive phone so I wouldn't hold my breath on enough people prepared to donate...

I now have a rooted M10.

I tried the M8 Light Flow settings, bot with "run every command as root" checked, and without that checked. (I realize that instruction mentioned Android 5, and I am now running 6, but I thought it was worth trying. Interestingly, with "run every command as root checked", they system locks up and restarts when a text message is received.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone have Light Flow working well with a rooted HTC 10?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide is written for Android 4.4 and whatever version of Light flow that was the latest at the time. The menus are not the same for the latest version, but the same settings still apply.

1. Settings in Light flow
    Check Direct mode, Root mode and HTC alternative mode.
    If you are using Android 5.0, also check Run every command as root.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88075/Screenshot_2014-04-22-13-32-08.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88075/Screenshot_2014-04-22-13-32-37.png

2. Settings in Android
    Uncheck Flash LED notification under Display in settings.

3. Settings for the specific notification
    Check Enable Mixer. Choose Solid or Flash under the color you want. Green and amber are the only colors that work.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88075/Screenshot_2014-04-22-13-36-37.png
    You can change the flashing pattern by changing the LED brightness. There are only two values that work AFAIK: 1 and 4 (2 and 3 works too but gives the same result as 1).
    It's possible to combine the two colors, one solid and one flashing. Note: solid green and flashing amber is not the same as solid amber and flashing green. It is also possible to combine two flashing colors in one specific combination, check list below.

This gives us a total of 11 combinations:
    Solid green
    Solid amber
    Flashing green, value 1
    Flashing green, value 4
    Flashing amber, value 1
    Flashing amber, value 4
    Solid green + flashing amber, value 1
    Solid green + flashing amber, value 4
    Solid amber + flashing green, value 1
    Solid amber + flashing green, value 4
    Flashing green, value 4 + flashing amber, value 1

All combinations are not easy to see but since the options are very limited it's always nice to have more to choose from.
    If this helps you, please click the thanks button!
    Light Flow didn't work for me. But I did find line where I can change value. I think it will work sync there is no problem with led notifications on Revolution HD 7.0

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    system/costumize/acc/ default.xml.

<item type="integer" name="NMS_feature_led_flash_timeout">5</item>
    </app>

Change the value to 0, will flash until dismissed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Changed the instructions for Android 5.0.