FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Game streaming to other Android devices or PCs with Moonlight and GeForce Experience

472 posts
Thanks Meter: 417

By cgutman, Senior Member on 31st October 2013, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th May 2016, 05:43 PM |#3471  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Moonlight Chrome Test Build (Alpha 3)
Changes from Alpha 2:
- Experimental support for 4K streaming (requires latest Beta GFE - please report your performance results)
- Now starts in windowed mode instead of full-screen
- Maximize button now re-enters full-screen mode when streaming
- Improved streaming performance
- UI tweaks

Working:
- Pairing and streaming
- Hardware accelerated video decoding up to 4K 60 FPS
- Game controllers (currently limited to those for which Chrome has a built-in mapping, like Xbox and DualShock controllers)
- Keyboard and mouse input
- mDNS auto-discovery of PCs

Not working:
- No feedback when starting a stream - just be patient and wait for the video stream
- (Very) Non-final UI
- A few settings are missing
- Error handling needs work

To install, drag the CRX file into the Extensions (Menu -> More Tools -> Extensions) page of Chrome.

To launch, use Chrome App Launcher, the Extensions page, or just search for Moonlight on your PC and you should see it installed like a normal program.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnx5qla485...lpha3.crx?dl=0
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cgutman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cgutman Ad-Free

9th May 2016, 05:46 AM |#3472  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Is it possible to stream games from a Linux 'host'?
10th May 2016, 03:39 AM |#3473  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 75

More
I'm getting an error "failed to receive Enet packet" on all the devices I try to stream to. I am not sure what is going on. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and geforce and nothing seems to work. Can anyone help? I don't know how to create a log on the computer.
10th May 2016, 09:56 AM |#3474  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Very Impressed
I have been using Moonlight/Stream Theater for the last month or so with my s7/Gear VR and have found the quality of the stream superior to other streaming software out there. I have the PC on 1 gig ethernet and the phone connected on the same network via Wireless N.

Initially I had slowness issues but after installing Wifi Analyser I could see which 2.4gig channels had the most congestion then set the router to use a less congested channel, the difference was like day and night and I would recommend trying this if anyone had slowness/stutter issues as other devices like wireless controllers/cordless phones etc would cause quite alot of interference in my case.

I was also wondering if anyone knew what is next for Moonstream, whether its even faster steaming or additional features?
10th May 2016, 05:35 PM |#3475  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by messiahfreedom

I'm getting an error "failed to receive Enet packet" on all the devices I try to stream to. I am not sure what is going on. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and geforce and nothing seems to work. Can anyone help? I don't know how to create a log on the computer.

if you have a game or app running in moonlight close it completely not moonlight the app it self. moonlight must give you a notice that the game or app has closed out if not just restart your pc and if that does not work try installing Geforce beta .

Would anyone be interested in a tutorial or a how to make a custom resolution?
The Following User Says Thank You to lateforwork1000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lateforwork1000 Ad-Free
11th May 2016, 10:02 PM |#3476  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutman

That's fairly odd XB1 controller behavior which I haven't seen before. Do/did you get a USB access prompt when you started your Moonlight stream? I have a GS7e that I can try on to see if I can reproduce the issue.

I get the USB access prompt every time, even if I check the box and continue, it will show up again with the next start of the app.
12th May 2016, 03:07 PM |#3477  

More
I noticed when I use the thumb sticks it will "skip" (or wont recognize) my input sometimes. Every other button will work BUT will also skip sometimes when I use it in combination with the thumb sticks. Tested with Grand Theft Auto V.
12th May 2016, 10:48 PM |#3478  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS7notG5

I noticed when I use the thumb sticks it will "skip" (or wont recognize) my input sometimes. Every other button will work BUT will also skip sometimes when I use it in combination with the thumb sticks. Tested with Grand Theft Auto V.

Which app?
Bluetooth pad?
Wifi 2.4 or 5ghz?

Sent from my SM-G925F using XDA Free mobile app
12th May 2016, 11:06 PM |#3479  

More
This was my first post:

Quote:

Hello everyone developing and using Moonlight

I have the S7 edge (G935F). I used Moonlight with the following setup:

AMD FX-8320
GTX 660
8GB RAM
Windows 10
USB WiFi 5GHz (connecting to a 5GHz router)

I started GTA V and the video and audio plays fine, the problem is the controls. I use the Xbox One controller and it works out of the box but it seems that often actions like pressing a button or using the sticks wont be recognized, it just "skips" them. I use the OTG adapter and the USB cable from Samsung. Why does it skip and how can I fix this or is this a Moonlight bug?

Which app? Moonlight of course
Bluetooth pad? No, Xbox One controller via USB (Samsung USB OTG)
WiFi 5GHz

As I wrote, video plays fine, no lag. It has to do with the input especially with the thumb stick input of the Xbox One controller (in combination with the Galaxy S7?).
The Following User Says Thank You to JasonS7notG5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JasonS7notG5 Ad-Free
13th May 2016, 07:19 AM |#3480  
Flag Gig Harbor
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have been looking around a while now and have not been able to get an answer. I have gotten everything set up and working but for some reson my controller is under able to make diagonal movements with the right joy stick. It can go up and down, left and right just fine but not both. I'm using a ipega extendable controller. I have tested the controller and it's fine as well as virtual controls on. Moonlight. Any one have a clue what's going on?
15th May 2016, 02:12 AM |#3481  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
When I stream games to my ipad there are always two black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, because ipad uses a 4:3 aspect ratio. Even if I set the aspect ratio of my games to 4:3, the screen isn't used in fullscreen. Can you please update Moonlight or provide instructions on how to stream games in fullscreen 4:3 aspect ratio?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, game streaming, gamestream, geforce experience, shield

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)