By bovirus, Senior Member on 9th November 2012, 08:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th May 2016, 06:36 AM |#711  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuweng

Since your last post & still you couldn't bother to google & read everyone of them then better for you to send it back to the service center & you'll have it unbrick in no time except for spending some $$$...

Every MTKs is unique & as i've said it many times, i don't reply is to force you guys to google & read but still you guys just don't read...

Below are some of the discoveries shared by users...
  1. Most importantly, you must have the exact same Factory ROM for your device
  2. Try every SP Flash Tool version, Eg. Yours is the old MT6589 then try all Version 3.xx.xxx, Ver 5 just won't work !
  3. Download separately, select only Preloader, download it then only download remaining
  4. Some MTK requires battery while downloading, some require battery to be taken out then only it'll work
  5. Try using different USB cable, different PC & even different Operating System

Last but not least, read all the google result, the Russian shared plenty of infos, use google translate.

Well thanks for responding and thanks for helping me google out there. But i have been trying all this over a month now. I found multiple solutions, but nothing worked like SP MultiPort Flash Download Tool etc. I have the original stock ROM which i had earlier flashed multiple times as mentioned in my earlier posts.

I have tried different versions of SPFT and also on 3 different computers. I googled a lot also tried on another forum Hovatek, u can see my post there too and some other chinaphone forums too

Still wondering if someone can provide me a MTK Droid Tool back up, possibly the last ditch effort. My device is Micromax Canvas 4 (http://www.gsmarena.com/micromax_canvas_4_a210-5590.php) Even a back up of some other clone would be useful. Wiko Stairway is one of its clone (http://fr.wikomobile.com/m41-stairway) and Blu Life One is another clone

Was just wondering if anyone can help, my apologies for nudging u all again on this

I think i let it RIP. Thanks agn
The Following User Says Thank You to satsmagic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift satsmagic Ad-Free

15th May 2016, 07:27 AM |#712  
Thanks Meter: 4,231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by satsmagic

I found multiple solutions, but nothing worked like SP MultiPort Flash Download Tool etc.

You are not googling with the correct keyword, some MTK required totally different procedures like holding volume button while downloading, try this, its specifically for your device & ask your question at those threads, i don't own a Canvas 4 so i donno the correct way to unbrick it...
The Following User Says Thank You to yuweng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yuweng Ad-Free
15th May 2016, 08:47 AM |#713  
Flag Praia
Thanks Meter: 387

More
Quote:

awaiting some help and guidance on this

@DR_MOOSAVI @yuweng @cybermaus @rua1 @bovirus

Well apparently, only the folks named above can help you. But I will suggest the following: use the latest version of SPFT but do not use Download tab to flash the images. Instead, use the direct memory write feature. It is found in a hidden/secret tab on SPFT. It is the best way to get around some of the error messages in SPFT (like PMT changed for the ROM, not enough space, etc). Be careful using this feature because it allows you to flash anything, to anywhere in your phone thus potentially breaking your phone if you flash the wrong thing to the wrong place including the protected areas of memory.

To open this tab, hit Control-Alt-V, then in the drop down menu select Window>Write Memory. You will now see a new Tab called Write Memory. To use that tab, the preloader.bin must be checked on the Download tab. On the Write Memory tab, you indicate the image you wish to flash and the starting linear address where it is to be flashed (you get this address for each image by reading it from inside the scatter.txt file). You can flash each image file in the ROM folder one by one. You do not need to flash the Preloader partition....in fact you should always AVOID flashing the preloader (because if you make a mistake you will hard-brick your phone).

Finally, when you use this Write Memory tab to flash, you must do so starting WITH BATTERY IN. It is a different flashing process than the Download tab where in most phones, you flash starting with battery out.

PS: If you perform a memory test and it says NAND memory not found, it is because your phone uses EMMC memory.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CVAngelo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CVAngelo Ad-Free
15th May 2016, 02:41 PM |#714  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAngelo

Well apparently, only the folks named above can help you. But I will suggest the following: use the latest version of SPFT but do not use Download tab to flash the images. Instead, use the direct memory write feature. It is found in a hidden/secret tab on SPFT. It is the best way to get around some of the error messages in SPFT (like PMT changed for the ROM, not enough space, etc). Be careful using this feature because it allows you to flash anything, to anywhere in your phone thus potentially breaking your phone if you flash the wrong thing to the wrong place including the protected areas of memory.

To open this tab, hit Control-Alt-V, then in the drop down menu select Window>Write Memory. You will now see a new Tab called Write Memory. To use that tab, the preloader.bin must be checked on the Download tab. On the Write Memory tab, you indicate the image you wish to flash and the starting linear address where it is to be flashed (you get this address for each image by reading it from inside the scatter.txt file). You can flash each image file in the ROM folder one by one. You do not need to flash the Preloader partition....in fact you should always AVOID flashing the preloader (because if you make a mistake you will hard-brick your phone).

Finally, when you use this Write Memory tab to flash, you must do so starting WITH BATTERY IN. It is a different flashing process than the Download tab where in most phones, you flash starting with battery out.

PS: If you perform a memory test and it says NAND memory not found, it is because your phone uses EMMC memory.

not at all buddy i saw these were the few active people helping out guys like me here, You help can also be of great use. Well i read thru the whole procedure you had mentioned and have few doubts

I have 8 img files in my stock ROM folder, namely - boot.img, cache.img, ramdisk.img, ramdisk-recovery.img, recovery.img, secro.img, system.img, userdata.img

Is there any specific order / sequence in which i should go about it. And shud i flash all of them 8.

Further for linear addresses, just wanted to be sure that I am understanding it correctly, please see below the text of my ROMs scatter file

PRELOADER 0x0
{
}
MBR 0x600000
{
}
EBR1 0x680000
{
}
__NODL_PMT 0x700000
{
}
__NODL_PRO_INFO 0xb00000
{
}
__NODL_NVRAM 0xe00000
{
}
__NODL_PROTECT_F 0x1300000
{
}
__NODL_PROTECT_S 0x1d00000
{
}
__NODL_SECCFG 0x2700000
{
}
UBOOT 0x2720000
{
}
BOOTIMG 0x2780000
{
}
RECOVERY 0x2d80000
{
}
SEC_RO 0x3380000
{
}
__NODL_MISC 0x3980000
{
}
LOGO 0x39e0000
{
}
EBR2 0x3ce0000
{
}
__NODL_EXPDB 0x3d60000
{
}
ANDROID 0x3e20000
{
}
CACHE 0x68f20000
{
}
USRDATA 0x89020000
{
}
__NODL_FAT 0x129120000
{
}
__NODL_BMTPOOL 0xFFFF00a8
{
}

Now if u see, it mentions, BOOTIMG 0x2780000, does that mean the linear address is 0x2780000

Also, FYI , i am tryin this on SPFT ver 5.13.52.200, is that fine or shud i search a newer version. If u can post a link for tht newer version tht wud be really hlpful.

And for your PS note, if the memory test says, NAND FLASH not detected and as u say Phone uses EMMC memory, so is that error (NAND FLASH not detected) a problem or not

I AM A NOOB........

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuweng

You are not googling with the correct keyword, some MTK required totally different procedures like holding volume button while downloading, try this, its specifically for your device & ask your question at those threads, i don't own a Canvas 4 so i donno the correct way to unbrick it...

thanks for giving me those links, but if u see on those links the unbrick procedure talks of only flashing the stock ROM and my problem is my stock ROM flashing process stops after flashing of Preloader. Anyways thnks i will keep searchingmore and keep updated if anything works, u too can let me know if u find anything. Thanks agn for all the efforts.

BTW just wanted to check, since my device is detected by the SPFT and even flashing works till preloader step, do i need to open it up and try the testing point thing, the wire and resistor ???
15th May 2016, 06:26 PM |#715  
Flag Praia

More
Quote:

not at all buddy i saw these were the few active people helping out guys like me here, You help can also be of great use. Well i read thru the whole procedure you had mentioned and have few doubts

I have 8 img files in my stock ROM folder, namely - boot.img, cache.img, ramdisk.img, ramdisk-recovery.img, recovery.img, secro.img, system.img, userdata.img

Is there any specific order / sequence in which i should go about it. And shud i flash all of them 8.

Further for linear addresses, just wanted to be sure that I am understanding it correctly, please see below the text of my ROMs scatter file:

Now if u see, it mentions, BOOTIMG 0x2780000, does that mean the linear address is 0x2780000

Also, FYI , i am tryin this on SPFT ver 5.13.52.200, is that fine or shud i search a newer version. If u can post a link for tht newer version tht wud be really hlpful.

And for your PS note, if the memory test says, NAND FLASH not detected and as u say Phone uses EMMC memory, so is that error (NAND FLASH not detected) a problem or not

I AM A NOOB........

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

thanks for giving me those links, but if u see on those links the unbrick procedure talks of only flashing the stock ROM and my problem is my stock ROM flashing process stops after flashing of Preloader. Anyways thnks i will keep searchingmore and keep updated if anything works, u too can let me know if u find anything. Thanks agn for all the efforts.

BTW just wanted to check, since my device is detected by the SPFT and even flashing works till preloader step, do i need to open it up and try the testing point thing, the wire and resistor ???

Yup. Those are the partition names along with the linear start address of each. It doesn't matter in what order you flash them. USE THE WRITE MEMORY TAB. Note: You should never flash the preloader. Also, you should not flash the protected partitions (they begin with the "_NODL" in the scatter...typically, you may not even have those image files in the ROM, but just don't flash them unless they've been wiped for some reason). You really only need to flash boot, recovery and system images to unbrick a soft-bricked phone in most cases of bootloop.
You can get the latest version of SPFT simply by selecting About in the drop down menu of SPFT...there is an option there to update to latest version if you don't already have it.

NAND flash not detected is not an issue if you don't have a NAND to flash. Your EMMC is where your ROM resides and that is where the flash will go.

BTW, you can always flash the preloader...but you should NEVER do that even if that's as far as SPFT could flash from the Download tab. The fact that you can flash till preloader and then SPFT goes no further may be an indication that you've corrupted the preloader by flashing it previously.

Go ahead and use the Write Memory tab as I explained. If SPFT is properly communicating with your device, it will flash the images. If it refuses to flash, you may have corrupted the preloader in which case you can only recover by forcing the stock preloader.bin to repopulate via soldering points on the board.
Good luck and keep us posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to CVAngelo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CVAngelo Ad-Free
15th May 2016, 09:04 PM |#716  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

Yup. Those are the partition names along with the linear start address of each. It doesn't matter in what order you flash them. USE THE WRITE MEMORY TAB. Note: You should never flash the preloader. Also, you should not flash the protected partitions (they begin with the "_NODL" in the scatter...typically, you may not even have those image files in the ROM, but just don't flash them unless they've been wiped for some reason). You really only need to flash boot, recovery and system images to unbrick a soft-bricked phone in most cases of bootloop.

You can get the latest version of SPFT simply by selecting About in the drop down menu of SPFT...there is an option there to update to latest version if you don't already have it.

NAND flash not detected is not an issue if you don't have a NAND to flash. Your EMMC is where your ROM resides and that is where the flash will go.

BTW, you can always flash the preloader...but you should NEVER do that even if that's as far as SPFT could flash from the Download tab. The fact that you can flash till preloader and then SPFT goes no further may be an indication that you've corrupted the preloader by flashing it previously.

Go ahead and use the Write Memory tab as I explained. If SPFT is properly communicating with your device, it will flash the images. If it refuses to flash, you may have corrupted the preloader in which case you can only recover by forcing the stock preloader.bin to repopulate via soldering points on the board.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks buddy for al ur detailed instructions, however i get an error when i try to flash any IMG files using the Write memory tab. The error is as below:

BROM ERROR: S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3149)

screenshot attached, let me know if there's any solution. The error comes up while flashing all IMG file, although the screenshot atttached is only for flashing recovery.img
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Recovery Img Write Memory Error.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	3751767  
15th May 2016, 09:39 PM |#717  
Flag Praia

More
Quote:

Thanks buddy for al ur detailed instructions, however i get an error when i try to flash any IMG files using the Write memory tab. The error is as below:

BROM ERROR: S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3149)

screenshot attached, let me know if there's any solution. The error comes up while flashing all IMG file, although the screenshot atttached is only for flashing recovery.img

No problem. Regarding the error message which is actually a hopeful error (meaning that it can be resolved):
*The battery in the phone is more than 50% charged?
*Are you running SPFT as Administrator?
*You are connecting the USB cable to the phone with the battery inside the phone (and the phone is tuned off and remains off, correct)?
*Make sure that only the preloader line is checked on the Download tab and nothing else.
*Try a different USB port, different USB cable
*Reboot your computer; pull the battery from phone and hold down power button for a few seconds, then replace it in the phone...but do not attempt to turn the phone on
*If all else fails, go to the Format tab and format the phone (EXCEPT Bootloader). Again, do not format the bootloader...so check the box that says EXCEPT bootloader. Then go back to Write Memory tab and try again.
*Is the USB Vcom Preloader showing as connected in the status line in bottom portion of the SPFT window?

UPDATE: I'm looking at the screenshot, and it does NOT appear that the phone is connecting to the Vcom PRELOADER driver which should come up after the USB Vcom driver. Did you install the Preloader driver? You may have to FORCE the MTK USB Vcom Preloader driver via Add Legacy Hardware in the Windows' Device Manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to CVAngelo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CVAngelo Ad-Free
19th May 2016, 08:40 PM |#718  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

No problem. Regarding the error message which is actually a hopeful error (meaning that it can be resolved):
*The battery in the phone is more than 50% charged?
*Are you running SPFT as Administrator?
*You are connecting the USB cable to the phone with the battery inside the phone (and the phone is tuned off and remains off, correct)?
*Make sure that only the preloader line is checked on the Download tab and nothing else.
*Try a different USB port, different USB cable
*Reboot your computer; pull the battery from phone and hold down power button for a few seconds, then replace it in the phone...but do not attempt to turn the phone on
*If all else fails, go to the Format tab and format the phone (EXCEPT Bootloader). Again, do not format the bootloader...so check the box that says EXCEPT bootloader. Then go back to Write Memory tab and try again.
*Is the USB Vcom Preloader showing as connected in the status line in bottom portion of the SPFT window?

UPDATE: I'm looking at the screenshot, and it does NOT appear that the phone is connecting to the Vcom PRELOADER driver which should come up after the USB Vcom driver. Did you install the Preloader driver? You may have to FORCE the MTK USB Vcom Preloader driver via Add Legacy Hardware in the Windows' Device Manager.

thanks for the instructions, there's a Yes for all the questions but i dont get the last question and also ur instruction on how to FORCE the MTK USB Vcom Preloader driver via Add Legacy Hardware in the Windows' Device Manager. Do you have some link which guides on this
19th May 2016, 10:06 PM |#719  
Flag Praia

More
Quote:

thanks for the instructions, there's a Yes for all the questions but i dont get the last question and also ur instruction on how to FORCE the MTK USB Vcom Preloader driver via Add Legacy Hardware in the Windows' Device Manager. Do you have some link which guides on this

You have to install the MTK USB VCOM Preloader driver by force. Download the driver (or if you already know where it is on your disk), then select the Legacy Hardware option in Device Manager and install the MTK USB Vcom Preloader driver. The driver will appear permanently in the Device Manager window (with yellow question mark when you don't have any device connected).

Follow this guide here>> http://www.yomitech.com/2015/04/how-...preloader.html

21st May 2016, 05:10 PM |#720  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

You have to install the MTK USB VCOM Preloader driver by force. Download the driver (or if you already know where it is on your disk), then select the Legacy Hardware option in Device Manager and install the MTK USB Vcom Preloader driver. The driver will appear permanently in the Device Manager window (with yellow question mark when you don't have any device connected).

Follow this guide here>> http://www.yomitech.com/2015/04/how-...preloader.html

tried this guide, installed the VCOM driver and again used the Write Memory option, still error 3149

Then i tried formatting, i get the following error:
BROM ERROR: S_PART_NO_VALID_TABLE (1037)
No valid partition for NAND Flash!

Screenshot attached.
Awaiting the next step
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Format Error.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	3757895  
21st May 2016, 06:57 PM |#721  
Flag Praia

More
Quote:

tried this guide, installed the VCOM driver and again used the Write Memory option, still error 3149

Then i tried formatting, i get the following error:
BROM ERROR: S_PART_NO_VALID_TABLE (1037)
No valid partition for NAND Flash!

Well it looks like you've got the Preloader driver up and running. Well done! That's 90% of the probkem solved. Now you just have to get the thing flashed.

Can you go to the Download tab and try to flash this way? Use Download Only option. Do NOT check the preloader.bin line. This mode of flashing, you have to start with battery out, then slip it in just after you connect the USB cable.

Plsase, take a screenshot before any error message dialog pops up. I'd like to see what your scatter layout looks like.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)