[TUT]MTK Android (Sp flash tool ) tutorial

Search This thread

Laurangedust

Apr 11, 2016
@Laurangedust
Because is your problem is probably regarding your phone and its hardware.
Is not relative to Flashtool and recovery.
lol
before using cwm he was fast, with no bug. And now, after having flash and used cwm to restore it's very very slow and full of bug

It's archos 55 helium plus with mediatek soc, I have used files adapted to it...

Last edited:

TA_MiMo

Mar 23, 2016
Hello Guyz! Good Day!
I've beeb in trouble about it.....i can't flash my stock rom using sp flash tool.....my windows automatically install mtk usb port for my dead device MT6582.....now it's been a months and still i cant recover it..... i tried manually install-didnt work

Last edited:

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
@TA_MiMo
To avoid unseful length of the post, please don't quote and entire post just for three lines .
Please edit your previous post and remove the quote.
This thread is about SP Flashtool. Not about MTK USB preloader driver.
Please find a specific thread for MTK USB preloader driver.

Reactions: DevilMind007

TBKNaito

May 10, 2016
Hello guys !

I've got some problems using SP Flashtool... I have the Elephone P9000, and I wanted to install TWRP, a custom ROM, things like that... But I always have the same errors, and I never find anything about these on the Internet. When I try to do a Firmware Upgrade, the red bar stop at 100%, it's not moving for 3 minutes approximatly, and it say everytime

protect1 : failed to get PMT info

So I tried to do it with Download Only, and I got an another error, but always the same :

BROM ERROR : STATUS_DEVICE_CTRL_EXCEPTION (0xC0050001)

[HINT]:

I don't know what to do... If someone have a solution... :( Thank you !

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
@TBKNaito

Just to install TWRP you should use DOWNLOAD ONLY mod in Flashtool (not FIRMWARE UPGRADE).
Please check the right installation of USB preloader driver.

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
I've got some problems using SP Flashtool... I have the Elephone P9000, and I wanted to install TWRP, a custom ROM, things like that... But I always have the same errors, and I never find anything about these on the Internet. When I try to do a Firmware Upgrade, the red bar stop at 100%, it's not moving for 3 minutes approximatly, and it say everytime

protect1 : failed to get PMT info

So I tried to do it with Download Only, and I got an another error, but always the same :

BROM ERROR : STATUS_DEVICE_CTRL_EXCEPTION (0xC0050001)

I don't know what to do... If someone have a solution... :( Thank you !
Sounds like you do not have the correct drivers installed for your device, or they are outdated. Reinstall the drivers for your phone, then restart the computer.

Another way to install a custom recovery on your phone is as follows: root your phone and install Busy Box X from the Playstore. Then install Flashify or Rashr from the Playstore. Use Flashify or Rashr to flash the custom recovery...you just need to have the recovery.img somewhere on the internal or external SD card (BUT BACKUP THE STOCK RECOVERY FIRST!)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

TBKNaito

May 10, 2016
Problem solved

Apparently I was just using a strange version of SP flashtool (v5.1612). Now, i'm on v5.1552 and it's working perfectly. I don't understand, but i'ts working, so... All my drivers were good apparently, it was just this version downloaded from androidmtk dot com :confused:

Well, thank you for your help !

satsmagic

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
@DR_MOOSAVI @yuweng @cybermaus @rua1 @bovirus

I have a Micromax Canvas 4 device. Its a MT6589 based device. Please see the device details on the below link

http://www.gsmarena.com/micromax_canvas_4_a210-5590.php

I had flashed a Custom ROM on this device from one of the posts on xda developers. Then trying to make further modifications, i was getting the below errors in recovery:

can't mount /cache/recovery/log

and it refused to flash anymore ROM's.Left with no other option, i thought of flashing back the stock ROM and then rooting agn to flash a custom rom.

However, even the stock ROM didn't flash, i was getting an error

BROM ERROR : S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3149)

I googled a bit and some forums suggested to format flash tp resolve this error. I did that and that worked and got a green circle with Format Ok.

Again, i tried flashing the stock ROM and now got a new error in SP Tools:

BROM ERROR: S_DL_PMT_ERR_NO_SPACE (5069)

I am stuck at this point and not able to flash the stock ROM. After loading the scatter file, only flashing of Preloader works. Remaining all is stuck.

Running a memory test on SP tools gives an error that

NAND FLASH WAS NOT DETECTED

Tried using SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01 & SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1312.0.139

Please help me out. Googled all around but cant find any solution :crying::crying::crying:

awaiting some help and guidance on this
@DR_MOOSAVI @yuweng @cybermaus @rua1 @bovirus

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Since your last post & still you couldn't bother to google & read everyone of them then better for you to send it back to the service center & you'll have it unbrick in no time except for spending some $$$... :cool:
Every MTKs is unique & as i've said it many times, i don't reply is to force you guys to google & read but still you guys just don't read... :rolleyes:

Below are some of the discoveries shared by users... :good:
  1. Most importantly, you must have the exact same Factory ROM for your device
  2. Try every SP Flash Tool version, Eg. Yours is the old MT6589 then try all Version 3.xx.xxx, Ver 5 just won't work !
  3. Download separately, select only Preloader, download it then only download remaining
  4. Some MTK requires battery while downloading, some require battery to be taken out then only it'll work
  5. Try using different USB cable, different PC & even different Operating System

Last but not least, read all the google result, the Russian shared plenty of infos, use google translate.

satsmagic

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
Since your last post & still you couldn't bother to google & read everyone of them then better for you to send it back to the service center & you'll have it unbrick in no time except for spending some $$$... :cool:
Every MTKs is unique & as i've said it many times, i don't reply is to force you guys to google & read but still you guys just don't read... :rolleyes:

Below are some of the discoveries shared by users... :good:
  1. Most importantly, you must have the exact same Factory ROM for your device
  2. Try every SP Flash Tool version, Eg. Yours is the old MT6589 then try all Version 3.xx.xxx, Ver 5 just won't work !
  3. Download separately, select only Preloader, download it then only download remaining
  4. Some MTK requires battery while downloading, some require battery to be taken out then only it'll work
  5. Try using different USB cable, different PC & even different Operating System

Last but not least, read all the google result, the Russian shared plenty of infos, use google translate.

Well thanks for responding and thanks for helping me google out there. But i have been trying all this over a month now. I found multiple solutions, but nothing worked like SP MultiPort Flash Download Tool etc. I have the original stock ROM which i had earlier flashed multiple times as mentioned in my earlier posts.

I have tried different versions of SPFT and also on 3 different computers. I googled a lot also tried on another forum Hovatek, u can see my post there too and some other chinaphone forums too

Still wondering if someone can provide me a MTK Droid Tool back up, possibly the last ditch effort. My device is Micromax Canvas 4 (http://www.gsmarena.com/micromax_canvas_4_a210-5590.php) Even a back up of some other clone would be useful. Wiko Stairway is one of its clone (http://fr.wikomobile.com/m41-stairway) and Blu Life One is another clone

Was just wondering if anyone can help, my apologies for nudging u all again on this

I think i let it RIP. Thanks agn

Reactions: yuweng

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
I found multiple solutions, but nothing worked like SP MultiPort Flash Download Tool etc.
You are not googling with the correct keyword, some MTK required totally different procedures like holding volume button while downloading, try this, its specifically for your device & ask your question at those threads, i don't own a Canvas 4 so i donno the correct way to unbrick it... :cowboy:

Reactions: satsmagic

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
Well apparently, only the folks named above can help you. But I will suggest the following: use the latest version of SPFT but do not use Download tab to flash the images. Instead, use the direct memory write feature. It is found in a hidden/secret tab on SPFT. It is the best way to get around some of the error messages in SPFT (like PMT changed for the ROM, not enough space, etc). Be careful using this feature because it allows you to flash anything, to anywhere in your phone thus potentially breaking your phone if you flash the wrong thing to the wrong place including the protected areas of memory.

To open this tab, hit Control-Alt-V, then in the drop down menu select Window>Write Memory. You will now see a new Tab called Write Memory. To use that tab, the preloader.bin must be checked on the Download tab. On the Write Memory tab, you indicate the image you wish to flash and the starting linear address where it is to be flashed (you get this address for each image by reading it from inside the scatter.txt file). You can flash each image file in the ROM folder one by one. You do not need to flash the Preloader partition....in fact you should always AVOID flashing the preloader (because if you make a mistake you will hard-brick your phone).

Finally, when you use this Write Memory tab to flash, you must do so starting WITH BATTERY IN. It is a different flashing process than the Download tab where in most phones, you flash starting with battery out.

PS: If you perform a memory test and it says NAND memory not found, it is because your phone uses EMMC memory.

Last edited:

satsmagic

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
Well apparently, only the folks named above can help you. But I will suggest the following: use the latest version of SPFT but do not use Download tab to flash the images. Instead, use the direct memory write feature. It is found in a hidden/secret tab on SPFT. It is the best way to get around some of the error messages in SPFT (like PMT changed for the ROM, not enough space, etc). Be careful using this feature because it allows you to flash anything, to anywhere in your phone thus potentially breaking your phone if you flash the wrong thing to the wrong place including the protected areas of memory.

To open this tab, hit Control-Alt-V, then in the drop down menu select Window>Write Memory. You will now see a new Tab called Write Memory. To use that tab, the preloader.bin must be checked on the Download tab. On the Write Memory tab, you indicate the image you wish to flash and the starting linear address where it is to be flashed (you get this address for each image by reading it from inside the scatter.txt file). You can flash each image file in the ROM folder one by one. You do not need to flash the Preloader partition....in fact you should always AVOID flashing the preloader (because if you make a mistake you will hard-brick your phone).

Finally, when you use this Write Memory tab to flash, you must do so starting WITH BATTERY IN. It is a different flashing process than the Download tab where in most phones, you flash starting with battery out.

PS: If you perform a memory test and it says NAND memory not found, it is because your phone uses EMMC memory.

not at all buddy i saw these were the few active people helping out guys like me here, You help can also be of great use. Well i read thru the whole procedure you had mentioned and have few doubts

I have 8 img files in my stock ROM folder, namely - boot.img, cache.img, ramdisk.img, ramdisk-recovery.img, recovery.img, secro.img, system.img, userdata.img

Is there any specific order / sequence in which i should go about it. And shud i flash all of them 8.

Further for linear addresses, just wanted to be sure that I am understanding it correctly, please see below the text of my ROMs scatter file

PRELOADER 0x0
{
}
MBR 0x600000
{
}
EBR1 0x680000
{
}
__NODL_PMT 0x700000
{
}
__NODL_PRO_INFO 0xb00000
{
}
__NODL_NVRAM 0xe00000
{
}
__NODL_PROTECT_F 0x1300000
{
}
__NODL_PROTECT_S 0x1d00000
{
}
__NODL_SECCFG 0x2700000
{
}
UBOOT 0x2720000
{
}
BOOTIMG 0x2780000
{
}
RECOVERY 0x2d80000
{
}
SEC_RO 0x3380000
{
}
__NODL_MISC 0x3980000
{
}
LOGO 0x39e0000
{
}
EBR2 0x3ce0000
{
}
__NODL_EXPDB 0x3d60000
{
}
ANDROID 0x3e20000
{
}
CACHE 0x68f20000
{
}
USRDATA 0x89020000
{
}
__NODL_FAT 0x129120000
{
}
__NODL_BMTPOOL 0xFFFF00a8
{
}

Now if u see, it mentions, BOOTIMG 0x2780000, does that mean the linear address is 0x2780000

Also, FYI , i am tryin this on SPFT ver 5.13.52.200, is that fine or shud i search a newer version. If u can post a link for tht newer version tht wud be really hlpful.

And for your PS note, if the memory test says, NAND FLASH not detected and as u say Phone uses EMMC memory, so is that error (NAND FLASH not detected) a problem or not :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I AM A NOOB........

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

You are not googling with the correct keyword, some MTK required totally different procedures like holding volume button while downloading, try this, its specifically for your device & ask your question at those threads, i don't own a Canvas 4 so i donno the correct way to unbrick it... :cowboy:

thanks for giving me those links, but if u see on those links the unbrick procedure talks of only flashing the stock ROM and my problem is my stock ROM flashing process stops after flashing of Preloader. Anyways thnks i will keep searchingmore and keep updated if anything works, u too can let me know if u find anything. Thanks agn for all the efforts.

BTW just wanted to check, since my device is detected by the SPFT and even flashing works till preloader step, do i need to open it up and try the testing point thing, the wire and resistor ???

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
not at all buddy i saw these were the few active people helping out guys like me here, You help can also be of great use. Well i read thru the whole procedure you had mentioned and have few doubts

I have 8 img files in my stock ROM folder, namely - boot.img, cache.img, ramdisk.img, ramdisk-recovery.img, recovery.img, secro.img, system.img, userdata.img

Is there any specific order / sequence in which i should go about it. And shud i flash all of them 8.

Further for linear addresses, just wanted to be sure that I am understanding it correctly, please see below the text of my ROMs scatter file:

Now if u see, it mentions, BOOTIMG 0x2780000, does that mean the linear address is 0x2780000

Also, FYI , i am tryin this on SPFT ver 5.13.52.200, is that fine or shud i search a newer version. If u can post a link for tht newer version tht wud be really hlpful.

And for your PS note, if the memory test says, NAND FLASH not detected and as u say Phone uses EMMC memory, so is that error (NAND FLASH not detected) a problem or not :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I AM A NOOB........

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

thanks for giving me those links, but if u see on those links the unbrick procedure talks of only flashing the stock ROM and my problem is my stock ROM flashing process stops after flashing of Preloader. Anyways thnks i will keep searchingmore and keep updated if anything works, u too can let me know if u find anything. Thanks agn for all the efforts.

BTW just wanted to check, since my device is detected by the SPFT and even flashing works till preloader step, do i need to open it up and try the testing point thing, the wire and resistor ???
Yup. Those are the partition names along with the linear start address of each. It doesn't matter in what order you flash them. USE THE WRITE MEMORY TAB. Note: You should never flash the preloader. Also, you should not flash the protected partitions (they begin with the "_NODL" in the scatter...typically, you may not even have those image files in the ROM, but just don't flash them unless they've been wiped for some reason). You really only need to flash boot, recovery and system images to unbrick a soft-bricked phone in most cases of bootloop.
You can get the latest version of SPFT simply by selecting About in the drop down menu of SPFT...there is an option there to update to latest version if you don't already have it.

NAND flash not detected is not an issue if you don't have a NAND to flash. Your EMMC is where your ROM resides and that is where the flash will go.

BTW, you can always flash the preloader...but you should NEVER do that even if that's as far as SPFT could flash from the Download tab. The fact that you can flash till preloader and then SPFT goes no further may be an indication that you've corrupted the preloader by flashing it previously.

Go ahead and use the Write Memory tab as I explained. If SPFT is properly communicating with your device, it will flash the images. If it refuses to flash, you may have corrupted the preloader in which case you can only recover by forcing the stock preloader.bin to repopulate via soldering points on the board.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited:

satsmagic

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
Yup. Those are the partition names along with the linear start address of each. It doesn't matter in what order you flash them. USE THE WRITE MEMORY TAB. Note: You should never flash the preloader. Also, you should not flash the protected partitions (they begin with the "_NODL" in the scatter...typically, you may not even have those image files in the ROM, but just don't flash them unless they've been wiped for some reason). You really only need to flash boot, recovery and system images to unbrick a soft-bricked phone in most cases of bootloop.
You can get the latest version of SPFT simply by selecting About in the drop down menu of SPFT...there is an option there to update to latest version if you don't already have it.

NAND flash not detected is not an issue if you don't have a NAND to flash. Your EMMC is where your ROM resides and that is where the flash will go.

BTW, you can always flash the preloader...but you should NEVER do that even if that's as far as SPFT could flash from the Download tab. The fact that you can flash till preloader and then SPFT goes no further may be an indication that you've corrupted the preloader by flashing it previously.

Go ahead and use the Write Memory tab as I explained. If SPFT is properly communicating with your device, it will flash the images. If it refuses to flash, you may have corrupted the preloader in which case you can only recover by forcing the stock preloader.bin to repopulate via soldering points on the board.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks buddy for al ur detailed instructions, however i get an error when i try to flash any IMG files using the Write memory tab. The error is as below:

BROM ERROR: S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3149)

screenshot attached, let me know if there's any solution. The error comes up while flashing all IMG file, although the screenshot atttached is only for flashing recovery.img

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
Thanks buddy for al ur detailed instructions, however i get an error when i try to flash any IMG files using the Write memory tab. The error is as below:

BROM ERROR: S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3149)

screenshot attached, let me know if there's any solution. The error comes up while flashing all IMG file, although the screenshot atttached is only for flashing recovery.img

No problem. Regarding the error message which is actually a hopeful error (meaning that it can be resolved):
*The battery in the phone is more than 50% charged?
*Are you running SPFT as Administrator?
*You are connecting the USB cable to the phone with the battery inside the phone (and the phone is tuned off and remains off, correct)?
*Make sure that only the preloader line is checked on the Download tab and nothing else.
*Try a different USB port, different USB cable
*Reboot your computer; pull the battery from phone and hold down power button for a few seconds, then replace it in the phone...but do not attempt to turn the phone on
*If all else fails, go to the Format tab and format the phone (EXCEPT Bootloader). Again, do not format the bootloader...so check the box that says EXCEPT bootloader. Then go back to Write Memory tab and try again.
*Is the USB Vcom Preloader showing as connected in the status line in bottom portion of the SPFT window?

UPDATE: I'm looking at the screenshot, and it does NOT appear that the phone is connecting to the Vcom PRELOADER driver which should come up after the USB Vcom driver. Did you install the Preloader driver? You may have to FORCE the MTK USB Vcom Preloader driver via Add Legacy Hardware in the Windows' Device Manager.

Last edited:

satsmagic

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
No problem. Regarding the error message which is actually a hopeful error (meaning that it can be resolved):
*The battery in the phone is more than 50% charged?
*Are you running SPFT as Administrator?
*You are connecting the USB cable to the phone with the battery inside the phone (and the phone is tuned off and remains off, correct)?
*Make sure that only the preloader line is checked on the Download tab and nothing else.
*Try a different USB port, different USB cable
*Reboot your computer; pull the battery from phone and hold down power button for a few seconds, then replace it in the phone...but do not attempt to turn the phone on
*If all else fails, go to the Format tab and format the phone (EXCEPT Bootloader). Again, do not format the bootloader...so check the box that says EXCEPT bootloader. Then go back to Write Memory tab and try again.
*Is the USB Vcom Preloader showing as connected in the status line in bottom portion of the SPFT window?

UPDATE: I'm looking at the screenshot, and it does NOT appear that the phone is connecting to the Vcom PRELOADER driver which should come up after the USB Vcom driver. Did you install the Preloader driver? You may have to FORCE the MTK USB Vcom Preloader driver via Add Legacy Hardware in the Windows' Device Manager.

thanks for the instructions, there's a Yes for all the questions but i dont get the last question and also ur instruction on how to FORCE the MTK USB Vcom Preloader driver via Add Legacy Hardware in the Windows' Device Manager. Do you have some link which guides on this

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
thanks for the instructions, there's a Yes for all the questions but i dont get the last question and also ur instruction on how to FORCE the MTK USB Vcom Preloader driver via Add Legacy Hardware in the Windows' Device Manager. Do you have some link which guides on this
You have to install the MTK USB VCOM Preloader driver by force. Download the driver (or if you already know where it is on your disk), then select the Legacy Hardware option in Device Manager and install the MTK USB Vcom Preloader driver. The driver will appear permanently in the Device Manager window (with yellow question mark when you don't have any device connected).

Follow this guide here>> http://www.yomitech.com/2015/04/how-to-install-mediatek-usb-preloader.html

Last edited:

satsmagic

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
You have to install the MTK USB VCOM Preloader driver by force. Download the driver (or if you already know where it is on your disk), then select the Legacy Hardware option in Device Manager and install the MTK USB Vcom Preloader driver. The driver will appear permanently in the Device Manager window (with yellow question mark when you don't have any device connected).

Follow this guide here>> http://www.yomitech.com/2015/04/how-to-install-mediatek-usb-preloader.html

tried this guide, installed the VCOM driver and again used the Write Memory option, still error 3149

Then i tried formatting, i get the following error:
BROM ERROR: S_PART_NO_VALID_TABLE (1037)
No valid partition for NAND Flash!

Screenshot attached.
Awaiting the next step :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - Scope of this thread

The scope of this thread is ONLY to discuss about SP Flashtool program

- How to use Flashtool
    - Report Flashtool errors and how to fix it.

Any other issues not related about Flashtool and its use should be posted in other specific thread.

Please DON'T discuss here about specific device issues like

- Where find ROM for a device
    - How to fix problem on device
    - etc

- Flash Tool hardware compatibily

SP Flash Tool are for Smartphone products

Mediatek MT62xx Familiy chips
    Mediatek MT65xx Familiy chips
    Mediatek MT67xx Familiy chips

- Support resources

Flashtool - 4PDA russian forum

SP FlashTool ||MTK Android FLASHER (xda)

Mediatek - Flash Tool - Info (mtk2000.ucoz.ru)

- Mediatek USB/ADB driver

To use Flashtool you should have installer Mediatek USB preloader driver.

There are two types of USB driver for Mediatek devices.

- ADB USB driver for device working and switched on.
    - Preloader USB driver to flash the device that is switched off.

To use Flashtool, in the PC should be already installed the USB Mediatek Preloader driver.
    This the latest version of Mediatek driver.
    This is the all-in.one driver (include both USB ADB & preloader driver).
    Is not required to disable driver sign in Windows.
    The driver is compatible with all 32/64bit Windows OS's (from Windows XP to Windows 10).

USB driver Mediatek (ADB/preloader) v. 5.1632 - Auto installer

How to install the USB ADB/Preloader driver

- Disconnect the device from the PC.
    - Download and decompress the archive.
    - Run the exe installer file (decompressed from archive) as administrator (right click -> Run as administrator).
    - Follow the instruction on video and wait the end of installation
    - At the end of installation close the installer and reboot the PC.
    - Now the drivers are available for flash.

- Flashtool version

The new version 5.xx include the support of new 64bit Mediatek CPU (MT67xx - ex. MT6732/MT6752/etc)
    The new version 5.xx are also compatible with 32bit Mediatek CPU (MT65xx - ex. MT6582/6589/6592) and new 64bit Mediatek CPU (MT67xx - es. MT6732/MT67527etc).

Flashtool v. 5.x fixed a critical bug about SP Flash Tool 3.x where the SP Flashtool reads incorrectly the scatter file of some new mobile based on MTK6582 (error: recovery partition is not flashable).

- Windows version

Latest version - 5.1916

SP Flash Tool v. 5.1916 for Windows

- Linux 64bit

Latest version: 5.1916

SP Flash Tool v. 5.1916 for Linux (64bit)

Flashtool for Linux - How to install

- SP Flash Tool archive mirror sites

SP Flashtool for Windows and Linux (spflashtools.com)

- "PMT Changed" error

If you get an error like "PMT Changed" (it means that partition scheme of current ROM and new ROM are different) and are you sure that the ROM is specific for your device you can use a special version of Flashtool 3.xx that bypass this error.

SP Flash Toolv. 3.1313 mod

- Direct Memory Write

To bypass a "PMT changed" error (it means that the partition scheme described in the scatter of the new ROM is different than the ROM installed) there are two ways

- If you have to flash the whole flash you can select in Flashtool the FIRWARE UPGRADE mode.
    - If you have to flash single module/partition you can use Direct Memory Write

Direct Memory Write Info - post 713
    Direct Memory Write Info - post 922
    Direct Memory Write Info - Other thread

Read carefully before to continue!!!

- Please follow the instructions carefully
    - The author of thread and xda forum will not take any responsibility on whatever may happen with your device.
    - Always make sure that you trust the sources of the ROM you download and know that it is meant for your phone.
    - After flashing a wrong preloader, your phone will be completely dead (can't be powered on, it will not charge and won't be detected anymore by the computer) and there is no way to recover it.

Instruction how to use Flashtool

• - Requirements
    • USB data cable
    • MediaTek USB VCOM drivers
    • SP Flash Tool
    Flashing the whole ROM
    • First of all open SP Flash Tool, then click Scatter-loading button to load the correct scatter file
      (MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt or MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, depending on which phone you have) for your device and ignore any message that may appear.

• Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
    • Press F9 (or hit Download button) and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
      The process will start and a red progress bar will appear.

• After the red progress bar is complete, there will appear a purple progress bar.

• Right after the purple progress bar is complete, a message will appear underneath it:
      Please insert USB cable in x seconds” and then the download will start right away (you will see the yellow progress bar filling up).

• When the yellow bar is complete, you'll get a popup with a green circle and Download OK message,
      which means that the process has been successfully terminated.

• You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on. The process ends here.
    Flashing only part of the ROM
    • In case you want to flash just one part of the ROM, that is also possible. In the shown example, only recovery image will be flashed.
      Deselect all parts except the one(s) you want to flash and then press F9 (or hit Download button).

• The tool will immediately show a warning because not all parts are selected, but you should continue anyway. Safely press Yes to continue.

• The download of the chosen partition image will start and after the yellow bar is complete, the popup with the green circle should appear.

• Please note that, even though it isn't mandatory to select it on the list of images to flash,
      preloader file must be present in the same folder as the other partition(s) that you want to flash, or else phone will not be able to enter into download mode.

@bovirus

OKay, I can understand better, thanks.
    Seems that my phone is dead, I try to get into Factory Test, but it only turns ON in a blank white screen blnking, so it maight be is the Main board that its damaged.

Thanks However :)
    There are two ways to get around the PMT error. First way is to use an earlier version of the SP Flash Tool. Like version 3. But this does not always solve the problem.

The second way is to use the hidden Write Memory tab (hit the Ctrl-Alt-V combination on the keyboard to enter Advanced Mode, then select the Window > Write Memory option from the drop down menu. The Write Memory tab will then appear). Use the Write Memory tab to flash the images directly to the partition you wish starting from the memory address you specify. So if you had made a full ROM backup before you bricked your device (most people unfortunately fail to take this simple precaution), you would simply flash that ROM file starting at address 0x0.

You can find the correct starting addresses for each partition either on the download tab or by looking at the starting linear address in the scatter.txt file. For a softbrick, you might simply want to successively flash the boot.img, the recovery.img and the system.img to their appropriate partitions using the Write Memory tab.

When you use the Write Memory tab to flash, you must turn the phone off BUT leave the battery INSIDE the phone then connect the USB cable.

The Write Memory feature will only work if you identify the Preloader.bin file on the Download tab (so you must check the Preloader box on the Download tab). BUT DO NOT CHECK THE PRELOADER BOX IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE THE DOWNLOAD TAB TO FLASH THE DEVICE. ONLY CHECK THAT BOX IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE THE WRITE MEMORY TAB TO FLASH.

If you don't have the preloader.bin file, simply use the Read Back tab to dump it from the phone.

Finally, be absolutely sure you have the correct ROM for your phone. If the ROM is not the correct one for your device and you flash the wrong boot, recovery or system images to the phone, it will not boot. It will remain or become bricked. The fact that a ROM is for the same MTK chipset as your phone does NOT mean it's the correct ROM for your phone!

where can we find the scatter loading file please reply :)
    What's needed:

• USB data cable
    • MediaTek USB VCOM drivers
    • SP Flash Tool ( Latest version SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01)

• First of all, make sure that you have MediaTek DA USB VCOM drivers installed.

Flashing the whole ROM
    • First of all open SP Flash Tool, then click Scatter-loading button to load the correct scatter file
      (MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt or MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, depending on which phone you have) for your device and ignore any message that may appear.

• Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
    • Press F9 (or hit Download button) and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
      The process will start and a red progress bar will appear.

• After the red progress bar is complete, there will appear a purple progress bar.

• Right after the purple progress bar is complete, a message will appear underneath it:
      Please insert USB cable in x seconds” and then the download will start right away (you will see the yellow progress bar filling up).

• When the yellow bar is complete, you'll get a popup with a green circle and Download OK message,
      which means that the process has been successfully terminated.

• You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on. The process ends here.
    Flashing only part of the ROM
    • In case you want to flash just one part of the ROM, that is also possible. In the shown example, only recovery image will be flashed.
      Deselect all parts except the one(s) you want to flash and then press F9 (or hit Download button).

• The tool will immediately show a warning because not all parts are selected, but you should continue anyway. Safely press Yes to continue.

• The download of the chosen partition image will start and after the yellow bar is complete, the popup with the green circle should appear.

• Please note that, even though it isn't mandatory to select it on the list of images to flash,
      preloader file must be present in the same folder as the other partition(s) that you want to flash, or else phone will not be able to enter into download mode.

Attention: Please follow the instructions carefully. I will not take any responsibility on whatever may happen with your phone.

Very important warning: Always make sure that you trust the sources of the ROM you download and know that it is meant for your phone.
    After flashing a wrong preloader, your phone will be completely dead (can't be powered on, it will not charge and won't be detected anymore by the computer) and there is no way to recover it.
    ================
    [Tool]SP FlashTool ||MTK Android FLASHER
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1982576
    ======================

nice tuto thanks:good: