Missing apps in market?

Search This thread

drpfenderson

Oct 3, 2008
Portland, OR
jonathancruz.net
Um...Is it just me, or are there a number of apps missing from the market.

Can't find LauncherPro, HelixLauncher2, or ADWLauncher. ???

My Googlefu is weak in this area. Can't seem to find any info on it.

ashykat

Jun 17, 2009
Lake Forest, CA
I've found all three of those with my slide. That's pretty strange. Have you tried going to the androlib site and scanning the qr to go straight to the app?

khtims

Sep 19, 2008
Middleton
www.kbswebsites.com
Um...Is it just me, or are there a number of apps missing from the market.

Can't find LauncherPro, HelixLauncher2, or ADWLauncher. ???

My Googlefu is weak in this area. Can't seem to find any info on it.

I cannot get handcent now... is gone and I had a couple other people with this phone look as well and cannot find it. we found the font packs but no handcent. I went to another site and got the QR code and it would not allow me to even open the app, it force closed every time on me. I wonder if there are bugs they are fixing and took it off the market for now.

neoseal

Jul 29, 2008
Kansas City
I am not able to find Launcherpro either. I even tried going through androilib and scanning it. I also used my fiance's slide and got the same results. I was able to find the other two though.

drpfenderson

Oct 3, 2008
Portland, OR
jonathancruz.net
I am not able to find Launcherpro either. I even tried going through androilib and scanning it. I also used my fiance's slide and got the same results. I was able to find the other two though.

Exactly. This happens with most Home-replacement apps it seems. Tried scanning barcodes, but the pnames cannot be found. LOTS of apps seem to be missing. I'll start making a list.

khtims

Sep 19, 2008
Middleton
www.kbswebsites.com
Exactly. This happens with most Home-replacement apps it seems. Tried scanning barcodes, but the pnames cannot be found. LOTS of apps seem to be missing. I'll start making a list.

when this issue started for me with handcent I started looking into it. Handcent mod says it is google's issue. they said some apps when getting a update are not rolling back out onto the market for some reason. they did not remove the app but it is not there. Please Google, fix it.

sdelcegno

Feb 12, 2009
Its because of the custom UI non compatable apps shouldnt show up in the market. At least thats what ive read. I have noticed this as well many apps are missing.

nyolsson

Oct 27, 2009
i've had the slide for about a month now.

at first, we were running software number 1.sumpin rather... then received an upgrade to 1.18... on that 'beta' software, the MTS was essentially white-listed on the market, where only a few paid apps were showing up, etc. we then received another update to 1.27.531.1 which is what should be running out of the box.. all of my paid apps are gone, but it seems htc is having issues with applications that are being upgraded... they aren't reappearing on the marketplace unless previously installed.. and yes evo exact same issue. hopefully a fix comes soon..

nyolsson

Oct 27, 2009
That is just full of suck. :-/ Just manually downloading the apps anyways. Screw SenseUI.

Also, this Genius button is absurdly useless.

the genius button does more than you think....

you can say

Search (name of place, location, thing or topic) - Map or google searches
Where Am I - Pulls up Google Maps
Call (Name of a contact) - Calls Contact
Music - Opens Music Player
Play Music - Plays music (If music is set to play random it will play random)
Show Me - Shows list of applications
Bluetooth On
Bluetooth Off
GPS ON
GPS OFF
Wifi ON
Wifi OFF
Weather
change mode
open______ (insert app)

it definitely isnt limited to what is on the screen.....

Yea, it doesnt really speed things up, but does help a lot while driving..

in fact, you can also say driving mode on...

slinky1914

Oct 22, 2009
SW Oklahoma City
From what I read on twitter. The release of the evo took one of the servers down and thats why some apps dont appear. Google is aware and is trying to fix the situation.

-------------------------------------
Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide

khtims

Sep 19, 2008
Middleton
www.kbswebsites.com
Handcent and adw launcher have both released on their website that this is an issue with google, not them. They have both uploaded apk files for download until the issue is fixed. I would hope all devs are doing the same if their app is impacted by this issue. I downloaded both and they work great!

ratchetrizzo

Jun 3, 2010
Newark, DE
here's a list of genius commands under tips and tricks on the left side.
There are a bunch.

tmobile.dragonmobileapps.com./support.html