[SSPL][DFT] HowTo flash custom OS

Search This thread

Cotulla

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2007
DarkForcesTeam SSPL for HTC Photon (Mini)
SSPL allows you to flash custom [not-signed] OS or/and ignore CID check.

How safe is it?

We disabled SPL and Radio flashing, so it can only flash Splashes and OS images.
(To all hackers out there... don’t enable it! else you will BRICK your device)
Worst case is that you destroy your OS partition, in that case you must flash a ship ROM using the original SPL (Vol down on boot run ruu from PC )
We did our best to make it save, else we would not release it for public testing, but anyway, all on your own risk!

How to use it:

• Download the SSPL_RUU.exe and put it into an empty folder
  • Add the RUU_signed.nbh that you want to flash to your device into the same folder
  • Connect the device to the PC, device must be running WM, not show the 3 color screen
  • Run SSPL_RUU.exe

Troubleshooting:

• If you don’t see USB at the bottom of the device screen and the ruu showed a connection error, disconnect the device and connect it again... USB should be there now.
    Then just run the SSPL_RUU.exe again, flashing will start now
  • If the flashing breaks before 100%, stay cool! ... Reset the device and go to Boot loader, then flash a ship rom to the device (Must be the right rom, with the right CID)
    Don’t forget to report that it happened... after you flashed the original ROM back, you can try again.
  • It is possible, that sometimes the screen stays black for 15sec or more before the SSPL 3 color screen shows, if it takes too long, do reset and try again and please report that!!!!
  • "Your OS ROM isn't customized for your hardware. Please reflash the proper ROM code or contact the service center", !!! Problem NOT related to this SSPL !!! ... this means that you flashed a region protected rom... flash back to a ship ROM for your device and stick to ROMs with your region ID... or patch them
    (You might have to remove the battery after flashing back, else it might not boot up)

Disclaimer:

This product is free to use, but at your own risk. We take no
responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given.
We have tested our product on several devices and have not
found any problems with it.

What about HSPL? HSPL will be soon :)

DFT team 2010.

Attachments

• DFT_SSPL_MINI.zip
    722.1 KB · Views: 46,346

NitroNitrous

Feb 9, 2009
Turin
www.loljesus.com
Thanks a lot for the work you've done, now I have my Mini with the last 1.32 ROM in English :)
Cheers
No problems during flashing btw, everything went fast and smooth. I did it under Windows 7 Ultimate x64 while I was browsing the internet and listening to some music :)

Last edited:

rigo007

Mar 22, 2010
Wien
Thanks a lot for the work you've done, now I have my Mini with the last 1.32 ROM in English :)
Cheers
No problems during flashing btw, everything went fast and smooth. I did it under Windows 7 Ultimate x64 while I was browsing the internet and listening to some music :)

Have you generated the gold card with? Do I need it right?

N3XuS.eXe

Dec 11, 2008
If this sspl allow us to flash custom roms, then what will the hspl allow us to do?:confused:

Last edited:

birgit123

May 20, 2010
one hint: i think you need admin rights. i normally work without and ran into connection troubles. but this is no issue on sspl since i ran into connection troubles with the official ringtone update as well.

running the sspl with admin-rights worked very well for me. Thanks a lot!

rigo007

Mar 22, 2010
Wien
Thank you very much!

I flashed my italian (1.07.408.1) HTC Hd mini with the European version (1.32.401.2).

Following the instructions I wasn't able but I've tried several time (even with the 3 color screen and without the SSPL was able to get the current ROM) and i had success. Cheers.

zengyee

Nov 8, 2009
Beijing
Open file Error

the zip file only contains a file: "DFT_SSPL_MINI.exe", and I have error of "Can not open the requested file ..."

need I also download something else to run with this exe?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DarkForcesTeam SSPL for HTC Photon (Mini)
    SSPL allows you to flash custom [not-signed] OS or/and ignore CID check.

How safe is it?

We disabled SPL and Radio flashing, so it can only flash Splashes and OS images.
    Worst case is that you destroy your OS partition, in that case you must flash a ship ROM using the original SPL (Vol down on boot run ruu from PC )
    We did our best to make it save, else we would not release it for public testing, but anyway, all on your own risk!

How to use it:

• Download the SSPL_RUU.exe and put it into an empty folder
    • Add the RUU_signed.nbh that you want to flash to your device into the same folder
    • Connect the device to the PC, device must be running WM, not show the 3 color screen
    • Run SSPL_RUU.exe

Troubleshooting:

• If you don’t see USB at the bottom of the device screen and the ruu showed a connection error, disconnect the device and connect it again... USB should be there now.
      Then just run the SSPL_RUU.exe again, flashing will start now
    • If the flashing breaks before 100%, stay cool! ... Reset the device and go to Boot loader, then flash a ship rom to the device (Must be the right rom, with the right CID)
      Don’t forget to report that it happened... after you flashed the original ROM back, you can try again.
    • It is possible, that sometimes the screen stays black for 15sec or more before the SSPL 3 color screen shows, if it takes too long, do reset and try again and please report that!!!!
    • "Your OS ROM isn't customized for your hardware. Please reflash the proper ROM code or contact the service center", !!! Problem NOT related to this SSPL !!! ... this means that you flashed a region protected rom... flash back to a ship ROM for your device and stick to ROMs with your region ID... or patch them
      (You might have to remove the battery after flashing back, else it might not boot up)

Disclaimer:

This product is free to use, but at your own risk. We take no
    responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
    this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given.
    We have tested our product on several devices and have not
    found any problems with it.

What about HSPL? HSPL will be soon :)

DFT team 2010.
    Hi please why is disabled? How to enable this? Im hex edited some lines but could not upload spl to phone. Do you want to enable spl flashing please, I want to try something, please. Is this line? Im changed cache range flush from 0x80000 to 0, but not work. Please let me know by PM how to enable this
    Code:
    Basic block list:
    00011408 sub_11408:
    00011408   /* push LR */
    00011408   /* push R4 */
    00011410   R3 = unk_4CAA4;
    00011414   R4 = 0xac000000;
    00011424   memcpy(R4 | 0xb00000, * R3, 0x80000);
    00011434   CacheRangeFlush(R4 | 0xb00000, 0, 0x7f, R3);
    0001143c   R3 = 0;
    00011444   var_C = R3;
    00011448   R0 = sub_113A8(sub_12000, & var_C, R2, R3);
    0001144c   Cond = R0;
    00011450   if (Cond == 0) goto loc_11464;

00011454   sub_11000(R0, R1, R2, R3);
    00011460   R0 = sub_12000(var_C, sub_1126C, R2, R3);

00011464 loc_11464:
    00011468   /* pop  */
    00011468   return R0;
    Thanks alot for the good work im flashing it now & its on 15% & everything is going well :D thanks alot guys for the god work you've done :)
    SSPL

Very good job !!!! :)
    thanks! i've successfully flashed my device again using Win7. btw, how do i revert to original shipped rom? do i just have to extract the nbh file from the shipped rom package then use this tool? thanks in advance!

No, just running the official original RUU should work always ;)