FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW-TO][ROOT][4NOOBS] Resize sdcard0 and internal storage to maximize space for apps

231 posts
Thanks Meter: 135
 
By bsined, Senior Member on 10th April 2014, 06:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th May 2016, 06:22 PM |#241  
Senior Member
Flag Lancaster
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
flash a ftf with flashtool. or maybe use the Sony PC companion software to repair phone, but you will have to re-root.

xperia Z3 d6603 | RSXW mm
 
 
18th May 2016, 07:23 PM |#242  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_lp

flash a ftf with flashtool. or maybe use the Sony PC companion software to repair phone, but you will have to re-root.

xperia Z3 d6603 | RSXW mm

I can't boot the phone, when I try to use flashtool, the phone is not detected. Normally, if we flash ftf, we can see a green or a blue led while we and press the volume up (or down, i dont really remember) and connect the USB cable but there is no LED and the Device is not detected.
18th May 2016, 11:34 PM |#243  
Senior Member
Flag Lancaster
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herits

I can't boot the phone, when I try to use flashtool, the phone is not detected. Normally, if we flash ftf, we can see a green or a blue led while we and press the volume up (or down, i dont really remember) and connect the USB cable but there is no LED and the Device is not detected.


oops! does the phone have any charge? only thing I could find is this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...overy-t2915303

edit: sorry, just seen you have been there already!

xperia Z3 d6603 | RSXW mm
12th July 2016, 03:02 PM |#244  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
What Kitkat custom rom work with this tutorial? I just want to use my Xperia TX to play Pokemon Go.
15th July 2016, 09:43 AM |#245  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Latest Flashtool caution: Xperia T
Hey thanks a million for this, I finally have room to breathe with my apps!

Just wanted to give a heads up. I don't know if others have had trouble flashing FTFs with the latest version of Flashtool (at time of writing, 0.9.22.3) but I struggled.. I tried 4 different FTFs of different KitKat versions and they all failed at system.sin, leaving me with a soft-brick .. But downloading the previous Flashtool (0.9.18.6) worked a treat and I was able to flash Stock 4.1.2 on my Xperia T.

I had a bunch of other problems restoring my CM12 backup and in the end just wiped and installed a fresh one. I also had to flash TWRP 3 to install Gapps properly. Might have done something odd, this was my first rodeo
18th July 2016, 09:18 PM |#246  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Xperia T Problems
Sorry for my bad english im german and i have problems with the partitions when i flah with flashtool comes a failure by system! I have Android 6.0.1 CM13 with CM Recovery and TWRP i anyone can help!

Edit: I have not read the post before i trying again and post the answer

2. Edit: I try to flash cwm dual recovery but it fail 5 times can anyone help me??
I need cwm or function it with twrp??
27th July 2016, 01:35 AM |#247  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
stuck at #7
Hello, I'm finally trying to do this and the road has been paved with nothing but problems.

I finally managed to install the XT-lockeddualrecovery2.8.21-RELEASE.installer via towelroot+SuperSU.
I can boot into TeamWin Recovery Project but the NDR Utils don't change anything after checking Philz Touch Recovery, it also cannot reboot the phone, it does nothing after clicking any of the reboot buttons and OK.

Can i proceed with TWRP somehow?

P.S. using Xperia T with LT30p_9.1.A.0.492_Generic Italy(1265-1589) (because not of the others were recognized by flashtool and even that only worked after i downloaded an older one - flashtool-0.9.18.6-windows.exe)
5th September 2016, 10:49 PM |#248  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I have a Xperia L.
In my case I need an even simpler solution ...
Using TWRP formatted "SD 0" as EXT4.
I managed to UnMount "/DATA" and "/sdcard".
I would like to reverse the mounts.
Partitioning modifies the structure of partitions.
Mounting is by software changes and safe.
The solution will allow any time to install the ROM Stock since the structure of the partitions will not be changed.
As in TWRP Terminal can ride correct partitions?
if I'm wrong then correct me, please ...

sdcard -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p32
Userdata-> /dev/block/mmcblk0p31

CHANGE

sdcard -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p31
Userdata-> /dev/block/mmcblk0p32
------------------------------------------------------------
Is it correct? ADB Shell or Terminal?
unmount /sdcard/
unmount /Userdata/
mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p32/ /userdata/
mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p31/ /sdcard/

And reboot smartphone?
------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry my bad english...
25th December 2016, 10:34 PM |#249  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
great thanks!!!
Ohhh guys thanks a lot!!!! I did it!!!!!! Sony Xperia V 4.1.2 stock firmware, now have 4,69 gb int data and 0,94 gb sdcard, just make 5 bricks in my trousers during make steps in instruction!!!!! but in the end everything is fine!))))
Just have some questions - for what point "7. Boot into PhilZ Touch recovery by opening App Drawer, starting NDR Utils, and selecting the appropriate option." ??? I just pass it.
in point "17. Execute ..." i was i little bit confused cause closed cmd and when opened again forget to type command "adb shell" if you can, please add it to instructions, and great great thanks one more time, its real hard job to do what you do guys, thanks a lot!!!!!! i just was impressed that you made analog of partition magic or acronis disk director for android!!!!!
10th January 2017, 07:14 AM |#250  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
would it work for xperia sl LT26ii? and there is no dual recovery for xperia SL, so can i use cwm or twrp instead?
thanks in advance.
5th March 2017, 11:26 AM |#251  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwer

Ohhh guys thanks a lot!!!! I did it!!!!!! Sony Xperia V 4.1.2 stock firmware, now have 4,69 gb int data and 0,94 gb sdcard, just make 5 bricks in my trousers during make steps in instruction!!!!! but in the end everything is fine!))))
Just have some questions - for what point "7. Boot into PhilZ Touch recovery by opening App Drawer, starting NDR Utils, and selecting the appropriate option." ??? I just pass it.
in point "17. Execute ..." i was i little bit confused cause closed cmd and when opened again forget to type command "adb shell" if you can, please add it to instructions, and great great thanks one more time, its real hard job to do what you do guys, thanks a lot!!!!!! i just was impressed that you made analog of partition magic or acronis disk director for android!!!!!

Method is not optimized,
yes, size in mobile changed,
BUT also phone started hard working and lags, even i open desktop i need to wait a few seconds for see all pictures of applications, and applications became work slowly, after reinstall firmware all this **** left. Please, do something for optimize speed of work system. Thanks.
Tested on Sony Xperia V - LT25i.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes